forum

Some questions, Acc & DT.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
felys
Hi guys!
I have two simple questions.
I am rank 14k, and I have a not-so-good acc, prob.
So, is there a way to improve my acc, like, dunno, playing a specific type of map?

The second question is about DT: when I should try to DT things and what type of maps?
Varetyr
1) Practice, eventually practice on things you're struggling to be accurate on (cf RaneFire's userpage for a good overall idea) but in the end it's all about practicing. And listening to the music obviously.

2) Whenever you feel like it, as long as you know what you're doing (= NOT SPAMMING KEYS randomly) you're good to go
Bauxe
Play HR to improve acc.
cheezstik

Ludosama wrote:

Hi guys!
I have two simple questions.
I am rank 14k, and I have a not-so-good acc, prob.
So, is there a way to improve my acc, like, dunno, playing a specific type of map?

The second question is about DT: when I should try to DT things and what type of maps?
Playing high OD maps with more circles than sliders will improve your accuracy.

And at from rank 17k to where I am now (9.4k) I used DT nearly exclusively over no-mod when going for PP, the songs are usually AR8 and 3.5-4.5 stars and end up at 4.5-5.5 stars with the addition of DT. DT works best with lowish BPM maps with lots of big jumps and patterns. AR7 maps + DT tend to be too little of a pp reward and AR9 maps + dt are too hard for me usually, plus AR10.3 (AR9+DT) is pretty hard to read.
Vuelo Eluko
if you play dt and not on maps that are too high bpm for you to play without mashing you will also get better acc and speed
if you play dt only maps you have to mash some parts on, you'll probably get faster but you wont learn to play accurately

hard rock will just give you steadier aim/better acc
Tokiwadai
For Accuracy, I would recommend using HR on AR8-9 songs or songs with high OD if you want to get better.

For DT, well, I don't use DT... but I know people usually start with 3.5-4.0~ star insane-level songs until they feel comfortable with the high AR/BPM.

And as for when you should do it, I'm at 7.1k rankings and I still don't use any mods. There's no specific time to start using mods.
silmarilen
edit maps that you dont have too much trouble fcing to od8 and play them until you have 99.5% acc or even better, then up the od a bit and do the same thing again. keep doing that until you hit od10

most importantly PLAY FOR ACCURACY. dont play for pass or fc, play for accuracy. if you pass with 99% acc but with 5 misses you should be happier than when you fc with 97% acc.
B1rd

silmarilen wrote:

edit maps that you dont have too much trouble fcing to od8 and play them until you have 99.5% acc or even better, then up the od a bit and do the same thing again. keep doing that until you hit od10

most importantly PLAY FOR ACCURACY. dont play for pass or fc, play for accuracy. if you pass with 99% acc but with 5 misses you should be happier than when you fc with 97% acc.
+1, just finished typing up something like this but forget to post it somehow.
FlyingKebab
Actually how fast is fast enough when talking about single tapping? I just picked up DT on 3.5-4.0 to get faster at tapping and I start missing stuff that is above 260BPM~ at more than 4 notes. Would 300BPM be enough?
buny

FlyingKebab wrote:

Actually how fast is fast enough when talking about single tapping? I just picked up DT on 3.5-4.0 to get faster at tapping and I start missing stuff that is above 260BPM~ at more than 4 notes. Would 300BPM be enough?
consistent single tapping 130bpm is helpful for moderate insane dt
Sya
97.7% acc -> not so good acc

k
Vuelo Eluko

Syrasu wrote:

97.7% acc -> not so good acc

k
thats my acc too and i can confirm it's bad
GoldenWolf
The only decent acc is 100%

GoldenWolf wrote:

The only decent acc is 100%
aka Bikko acc
winber1
acc and DT are orthogonal functions and have a relation similar to that of the uncertainty principle

winber1 wrote:

acc and DT are orthogonal functions and have a relation similar to that of the uncertainty principle
translation?
i don't speak nerd
GoldenWolf
wow nerd learn to speak nerd
no
you punk
winber1

Faces3 wrote:

winber1 wrote:

translation?
i don't speak nerd
4(( 4|\||) |)7 4Я3 0Я7|-|090|\|4|_ F|_||\|(710|\|5 4|\||) |-|4\/3 4 Я3|_4710|\|5|-|1P 51|\/|1|_4Я 70 7|-|47 0f 7|-|3 |_||\|(3Я741|\|7y PЯ1|\|(1P|_3
buny
1337 5p34!<
show more