forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
AmaiHachimitsu
Few important things:

1. The notification about OWC in the menu. I would love it to be like last year, with flags of teams playing. It would totally drag the unaware people into watching.

2. Is there a possibility for the matches to be recorded WITH a chat? I think there is and I'd love to see it.

3. Loctav usually does it, but when he's not around I'd like somebody from the staff to post match mp links in the #owc. It's not always that one can watch the stream.
Xiyng
Question: What function does the loser bracket have? What does the winner win? The wiki doesn't quite seem to explain this.

Suggestion: Make the results available somewhere as soon as they're available. I don't have the faintest idea where to get the latest results without watching or waiting if I'm interested. Would make the whole thing seem more professional if results were easily available.
Omgforz
bratwurst vs schnitzel match next weekend

hype
xAsylum

Xiyng wrote:

What does the winner win? The wiki doesn't quite seem to explain this.
Yes sure it doesn't.

Morurc
GG Germany. If Netherlands can't win it all, then I'm rooting for you. <3
Yauxo

Omgforz wrote:

bratwurst vs schnitzel match next weekend

hype
Get hype
Aka

Torepin wrote:

This Austria vs Ukraine zzzzz Easy 5:0 for Austria like cmon... Ukraine only won by dcs...
please open the mp links and see that we did won NOT ONLY because of "dcs", thanks

gg austria, will be supporting them
Xayne
I can feel all of the freedoms in my freedom doing some serious freedoming.
Xiyng

Torepin wrote:

Xiyng wrote:

What does the winner win? The wiki doesn't quite seem to explain this.
Yes sure it doesn't.

Seemed an awful lot like a bronze medal fought for between the losers of the semifinals, which seems like isn't a thing now that I look at the page better. Thanks!

I'd still like to voice my opinion that it isn't very clear. I made a mistake I would imagine is quite common among people not following the OWC very carefully. It would be a relatively simple thing to fix, too.
Xayne

Xiyng wrote:

Torepin wrote:

Yes sure it doesn't.

Seemed an awful lot like a bronze medal fought for between the losers of the semifinals, which seems like isn't a thing now that I look at the page better. Thanks!

I'd still like to voice my opinion that it isn't very clear. I made a mistake I would imagine is quite common among people not following the OWC very carefully. It would be a relatively simple thing to fix, too.
What? There are even pictures. How that confuses you is beyond me.
Xiyng

Xayne wrote:

Xiyng wrote:

Duh, I just explained how. The bronze medal usually stands for the 3rd place and I had literally no idea it was connected to winning the loser bracket before Torepin said so (and actually Torepin didn't say so, so I'm still only guessing).
Xayne

Xiyng wrote:

Xayne wrote:

Duh, I just explained how. The bronze medal usually stands for the 3rd place and I had literally no idea it was connected to winning the loser bracket before Torepin said so (and actually Torepin didn't say so, so I'm still only guessing).
No...winning the loser's bracket would mean you got to the finals. That would be silver. Bronze would be the team that got beat in the loser's bracket final.

To clarify, Gold is the winner of the grand final (duh), Silver is the loser of the grand final (the game between the winner of the winner's bracket and the winner of the loser's bracket), and Bronze is the loser of the loser's bracket final.
Andrea
Results
Poland 5-2 South Korea
Germany 5-4 Netherlands
Ukraine 0-5 Austria
United States 5-4 Sweden

Posting already before someone asks about the results like always.

SapphireGhost best player in OWC so far.
Xayne

CLUTCH WIN BOYS!
zyvik

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

2. Is there a possibility for the matches to be recorded WITH a chat? I think there is and I'd love to see it.
There is sth called rechat for twtich(I'm not sure if I can post link - just google it). It allows you to see previous transmisions with chat - just keep in mind that logs of twitch chat can't be hold longer than 2 days (so you cant see chat from last week).
Arnold0
I really thought sweden could win, then this

Seeing he is top ~#150 whe two sweeden guys were top 100 this was impresive.
-JaZe-
SapphireGhost wtf

Also, Soba doing so much work for US. He deserves a medal
CodeS
SapphiGhost and Soba MVP's of this match.

That Tiebreaker omg.
Xayne
SG is going to get all of the hype from casual onlookers, and it's warranted, but Kitteh, Soba, and Xilver on the HR's locked it down. Massive team effort today. I'm fanboying hardcore and have zero fucks to give.
Novalogic
Makan1
Germany vs Austria : D

lelelel nl failed to shrek ger (but it was insanely close) like germany in lead, netherlands in lead, then germany just pulled it off in tiebreaker. good match.
gj to all players who performed on the big stage. hopefully we can see Austria triumph even more >:D
Te Amo
I want soba and sapphire to do sexual things with my body
Nathan

KevEz wrote:

Record it for me pls
-Quiet-

Andrea wrote:

SapphireGhost best player in OWC so far.
Best score definitely yeah, but best player? Not really.
silmarilen
did we forget taku's warmup already?
Xayne

sukiNathan wrote:

KevEz wrote:

Record it for me pls
I'll hold the camera.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Schedule is out. Keep in mind that colored matches are dependant on the Saturday's outcome. We just prescheduled all possible encounters.
Athrun
Since my favorite countries have ALL been wiped out, who do I go for now?
silmarilen
netherlands
Aka
japan again D:
Xytox
We're up against Taiwan again.

Doesn't matter though, we'll show them just as we showed Japan. Brace your IKEA furniture.
Varetyr

silmarilen wrote:

BDDav's performance was much more impressive to me on that kind of map, but yeah wtf @both of them
Vuelo Eluko

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Since my favorite countries have ALL been wiped out, who do I go for now?
taiwan
russia
Tom94

Varetyr wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

BDDav's performance was much more impressive to me on that kind of map, but yeah wtf @both of them
Honestly I think properly warmed up for that kind of map and without that kind of pressure any player of each team could have 98%+ FCed evolve cybernation. It's "just" 205 BPM. :p
silmarilen
a 6.25 star fc is still more impressive than a 5.67 star fc with hidden
KRZY
Just had a discussion with the boys about who's gonna win it all in the winner's bracket

Conclusion was that Tommany and WhiteWolfland will fight it out, but Tom the multiplayer lord of humans will be overwhelmed by White Wolf the multiplayer lord of Gods minus ruruchi.

Better prove us wrong Tom, can't let Poland win it ;)
buny
i pray to whitewolfland every night
silmarilen

KRZY wrote:

Just had a discussion with the boys about who's gonna win it all in the winner's bracket

Conclusion was that Tommany and WhiteWolfland will fight it out, but Tom the multiplayer lord of humans will be overwhelmed by White Wolf the multiplayer lord of Gods minus ruruchi.

germany almost lost to NL
are you sure?
Synchrostar

silmarilen wrote:

KRZY wrote:

germany almost lost to NL
are you sure?
germany beat nl
nl beat poland

therefore germany beats poland right
right
KRZY
you guys better start worrying about how to beat Korea in the losers bracket final
show more