forum

Recommendation for Gaming-Mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rio-
so, I'm interested in buying a gaming mouse this weekend... But I don't really know which mouse that's good for playing osu!, here's some criteria that I need (or at least some of them) :

- Not only osu!, I also play both RTS & FPS (mostly RTS) and I use ~1000 dpi mostly
- My Budget is around $50, But i can afford a $60-$70 worth if I wait for 2-3 weeks more
- I play with fingertip-grip before, but now I play with claw-grip
- I play with laptop, so It might be awesome if I can find a gaming-mouse that won't be easy-to-break if I put It in my Backpack

my irl friends told me to buy a Logitech G100s, because I play RTS/Real-Time Strategy and It's ergonomic enough for Claw-Grip player. But I would like to know if there's any mouse out there that might be good or better than G100s.

It would be nice if someone can recommend me?
sorry for my bad english.
uzzi
Logitech G400s!
Topic Starter
Rio-

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Logitech G400s!
yeah, a friend told me to buy that too. But I feel that mouse is pretty heavy for RTS-Gaming, maybe I'll re-consider it.
KagamiHRS
This is very broad but... Do NOT buy a Laser sensor mouse, as it has small inherent acceleration issue. Sure for RTS it's fine, not an issue, but definitely not good for osu!
Always stick to optical sensor mouses.
Topic Starter
Rio-

KagamiHRS wrote:

This is very broad but... Do NOT buy a Laser sensor mouse, as it has small inherent acceleration issue. Sure for RTS it's fine, not an issue, but definitely not good for osu!
Always stick to optical sensor mouses.
I read that G100s has almost the same components as G400s, so with the sensor which is optical. I once used a friend's G500s which uses laser and yeah, wasn't really good for osu!. But thanks for the advice.

is there any other suggestion?
cheezstik
I'd stay away from razer not only cos of razer quality, but it will be hard to use claw grip with a razer mouse unless you have gigantic hands. I exclusively claw grip and find my logitech g300 very comfortable, but like others said, best choice is probably g100s or g400s, those are arguably better (but more expensive) versions of the g300. G300 only goes for ~$30 as well if you are interested in saving money.

I also have an mx500 which has a more similar shape to the g400s, and I personally prefer the grip of the g300.
Topic Starter
Rio-

cheezstik wrote:

I'd stay away from razer not only cos of razer quality, but it will be hard to use claw grip with a razer mouse unless you have gigantic hands. I exclusively claw grip and find my logitech g300 very comfortable, but like others said, best choice is probably g100s or g400s, those are arguably better (but more expensive) versions of the g300. G300 only goes for ~$30 as well if you are interested in saving money.

I also have an mx500 which has a more similar shape to the g400s, and I personally prefer the grip of the g300.
Razer are over-priced imo. So I don't think I'll consider to buy mouse from them (maybe I can buy their mousepad like Goliathus but I don't know).
maybe I'll consider with g300s too, but idk if I compare it with g100s.
winber1
i like my microsoft intellimouse 3.0 a lot, since it's on the bigger side and i have relatively big hands, if you know what i mean. huehuehue

idk if it's even considered a gaming mouse, but it has a great feel to it and gets the job done, unless you want like a ton of fancy keys on the side which this doesn't have.

some reason the intellimouse suddenly had an increase in price for some reason though, when I bought it about 4 years ago, it went for only $40, but now it's like $60.

At the same time, however, I've had this for about 4 years and it's still going strong. So either I apparently keep good care of it, or I use it too little, or it has good durability, but perhaps I'm just an anomaly. Only problem I have is that my middle wheel key sometimes will press multiple times.
NixXSkate

NixXSkate wrote:

As far as mice with perfect/near perfect sensors, the best choices for mouse only are:

Heavy/Big mice (good for stability while clicking):
Microsoft IME3.0- The standard among most asians, used by Change, Shizuru, Lemonwater, Pyonta, etc., 400 DPI, be sure to overclock
Razer DeathAdder (Black)- Most stable DeathAdder IMO, some might not like how the buttons don't bottom out though.

Normal Size mice:
Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1a- 400 DPI, be sure to overclock
Mionix Avior 7000- Pretty low lift-off, can go up to 7000 DPI with the new Avago sensor (probably has smoothing really high DPIs)
Roccat Pure Kone Optical- No complaints tbh
MAYBE CM Storm Alcor- Similar to IME3.0 shape but smaller, but never tried this mouse out yet.
MAYBE Roccat Savu- Low control speed depending on surface. (Infrared A3090 sensor has this problem)

Small mice:
CM Storm Spawn- Low positioned sensor
CM Storm Recon- Unbalanced (much heavier toward the bottom), but very well made buttons.
MAYBE Logitech G100S- Not a perfect sensor like the rest on the list, but very close.

Other good mice I would NOT recommend for mouse only (Ok for Mouse+KB):
Razer Abyssus- Razer quality, spongy buttons
Microsoft WMO 1.1a- 400 DPI, stiff buttons (or maybe it's just mine...)
Logitech G400/G400S- Great mouse but the shape and buttons aren't well suited for mouse only.
Mionix Naos 7000- Comfy, but poor grip for precision aiming.
Epicgear Cyclops- Infrared A3090 sensor. Tracks perfectly on 1600 DPI setting, but not 800. Stiff buttons
Zowie FK/AM/EC/EC2- Very low liftoff, weak mouse buttons, would not recommend Zowie mice for osu!, more for fps games.

Mice with perfect sensors I'm unsure about:
Razer Krait, Steelseries Rival/Kana V2, Corsair M45, Mad Catz R.A.T. 3 Optical, Logitech G402/G502
Crossed out all mice over $60 (not including shipping) on Amazon currently. Microsoft mice may need to be found on eBay. Roccat mice may be on sale at the moment(?).

Personal recommendation for claw grip: CM Storm Spawn, but check the others and see what suits you.

EDIT: I thought you were from America since you used the $ sign, I don't know how you'll be affected by shipping costs.
byfar

11/10 best mouse i ever had
Topic Starter
Rio-
@winber1 : Didn't read much about that mouse, but I heard It's almost as good as top-tier gaming mouse. So I might try check It out too.

@NixXSkate : I usually use $ sign if I want to buy something and ask for their price on Internet. But if I use IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) currency, probably around 1:12000. Also thx for the list.
DahplA

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Logitech G400s!
Gumpy

byfar wrote:

11/10 best mouse i ever had
I don't even understand how too use those.
I Give Up
You might visit your local tech store and try out some of their gaming mice. I'm also a fingertip user and owner of G400s, the mouse is splendidly light, has virtually no cable resistance and the native 2k dpi setting is just right (for me anyway). Consider getting one if you have big hands.
enap
Id say that for RTS and osu a smaller mouse would be nice, atleast thats from my own experiences. I would recommend something from zowie, smaller mice than those that logitech makes just for an example.
But my heart will always be with the Razer deathadder

Can give some info about the ones i liked and still use from time to time.

Zowie AM is quite small with sidebuttons (depending on if you put it in left or righthand mode the sidebuttons activate, lefthand = right side buttons activate etc) Easy to use when its "plug n play" so no drivers are needed. Used to fingergrip this one when playing Dota2 and various strategy games. Dno how accessible it is outside sweden.
Razer Taipan, quite good mouse with a wide range of dpi settings and customization using Synapse 2.0 which you can use finger grip pretty decent on.
Logitech G400, rather big in my opinion also quite a lot of customization and its really cheap and is quite light
ZenithPhantasm
Logitech G100S
DinoDB
Rival 600. You can ''customize'' the weight on it. And it still detects mouse movements, even if it's half a centimeter above your table or mouse pad.
NixXSkate

DinoDB wrote:

Rival 600. You can ''customize'' the weight on it. And it still detects mouse movements, even if it's half a centimeter above your table or mouse pad.
The thread is 4 years old i think he found a mouse :s
The Gambler
I think the newer BenQ Zowie mice are nice ones too. Can't go wrong with an FK, ZA or EC nowadays.

^^ For future thread lurkers
DinoDB

NixXSkate wrote:

DinoDB wrote:

The thread is 4 years old i think he found a mouse :s

e