forum

Do unremarkable players really belong here?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pichu0102
I mean, let's take a look at this.

Now, let's take a look at what most people probably saw instead.

Now, there's room for supporters with lots of friends, room for top and upcoming players, room for beatmappers, room for skinners, and room for other people with skills to improve the game, but is there really any room for lonely and poor performance players like this guy who keep hitting their skill ceiling and never really getting anywhere but frustrated at their poor performance? It feels like the game is hostile by design to the unremarkable players, which isn't the fault of the devs, just is an unfortunate side effect of being a competitive game. I thought of recommending a "performance points neighbor" leaderboard but then realized, once again, who's going to go to all that effort and coding work to please talentless players who will move on once they hit their peak?

I remember there being something on the front page that specified that if you were a good player, beatmapper, skinner, or otherwise useful to the community, you were welcome. So where does that leave bad players?
Mathsma
I'm confused, but if you are complaining because you are bad at the game then just play more. If you don't find the game fun, then don't play.
Loves
If you're here to play for ranks, then you have to get better lol.

Nobodies going to get out of the way for you.
Yakuyan
You are just complaining how bad you are in the game. The thing about the "skill ceiling" is that it is always breakable. You're acting like, since you slowed down, you have reached your peak. And I'm sure that everybody, shitty or godly, are welcome to this community, except when assholes bombard the forums.
Topic Starter
Pichu0102

Loves wrote:

If you're here to play for ranks, then you have to get better lol.

Nobodies going to get out of the way for you.
I know that. The problem lies when a person's skill has hit a point where an increase of skill requires "heat death of the universe" amount of time to get a sliver better. If I've already hit that, and I'm still unremarkable, what right do I have to keep playing a competitive game where you rank or fail, regardless of my desire to play?
Mathsma
Judging from your play count and play history graph, you don't even play. Just play more.
Vuelo Eluko
at first i thought the thread title was about posters in this forum and that the spoilerbox was going to be one of my many stupid quotes.
dodged a bullet there

anyway theres no way you hit a skill ceiling within 2k playcount
thats less than nothing
youve barely played
buny
Just switch to local scores
GoldenWolf

The joke has to end somewhere yknow

You're like, complaining you're not top tier player with not even a fortieth of the playcount it took most of them to get there.
Stop being a crybaby and go actually play the game more instead of uselessly complain about being bad without having played the game a decent amount.
Topic Starter
Pichu0102

Riince wrote:

at first i thought the thread title was about posters in this forum and that the spoilerbox was going to be one of my many stupid quotes.
dodged a bullet there

thats less than nothing
youve barely played
Then at what playcount should I show myself the door for failure to improve?

GoldenWolf wrote:

The joke has to end somewhere yknow

You're like, complaining you're not top tier player with not even a fortieth of the playcount it took most of them to get there.
Stop being a crybaby and go actually play the game more instead of uselessly complain about being bad without having played the game a decent amount.
Okay. I'm sorry.
Varetyr
It's not really a matter of "how hard shall I try before I can assume I suck at this", the thing is you didn't even try in the first place.

I mean, come on dude, 2k PC in 5 years, totally spread over time with tons of breaks.

Of course you don't belong to a leaderboard if you're not even training for it, and don't use the word "talentless", this is just an excuse. People had to work hard for it, and this even includes those so-called "talented" people.

(edit : wait what, did you just edit or something ? uh)
byfar
buy a tablet. +20k ranks in 3 days totally legit

eziest pp of my laifu no kapacino PJSalt

But honestly tho, the worst thing you can say is that you've hit the skill ceiling. Stop demotivating yourself and go farm for som numbrs
Synpoo

byfar wrote:

buy a tablet. +20k ranks in 3 days totally legit
CAN CONFIRM

i would still be at 40k if i didn't buy my tablet
B1rd
I can't even FC 4 stars with mouse.
byfar

B1rd wrote:

I can't even FC 4 stars with mouse.
After grinding half area tablet for a hours i just realized how high my mouse sensitivity was and the cursor was like uncontrollable

Riince wrote:

dodged a bullet there

thats less than nothing
youve barely played
do share PLs
Topic Starter
Pichu0102

Varetyr wrote:

It's not really a matter of "how hard shall I try before I can assume I suck at this", the thing is you didn't even try in the first place.

I mean, come on dude, 2k PC in 5 years, totally spread over time with tons of breaks.

Of course you don't belong to a leaderboard if you're not even training for it, and don't use the word "talentless", this is just an excuse. People had to work hard for it, and this even includes those so-called "talented" people.

(edit : wait what, did you just edit or something ? uh)
Sorry, I edited my post before yours.

It just feels like you're either here to rank, beatmap, skin, or support, and the rest should go. I got this feeling when I got chewed out by the mods, er, well, everyone when suggesting a nearby (in rank) leaderboard and told off for not aiming for normal leaderboards. I just don't feel like you can just casually play, you're either a hardcore player, a rising hardcore player, or you are disliked. Like I said, I feel like there's just no place for unremarkable players, but that's just my feeling here.
B1rd

Pichu0102 wrote:

that's just my feeling here.
silmarilen
everybody started like that.
some people get better, and others come to the forums asking for help/complaining about their lack of skill.
start getting 2k playcount per month consistently, then come back in a year if you still havent improved.
cheezstik

Pichu0102 wrote:

I mean, let's take a look at this.

Now, let's take a look at what most people probably saw instead.

Now, there's room for supporters with lots of friends, room for top and upcoming players, room for beatmappers, room for skinners, and room for other people with skills to improve the game, but is there really any room for lonely and poor performance players like this guy who keep hitting their skill ceiling and never really getting anywhere but frustrated at their poor performance? It feels like the game is hostile by design to the unremarkable players, which isn't the fault of the devs, just is an unfortunate side effect of being a competitive game. I thought of recommending a "performance points neighbor" leaderboard but then realized, once again, who's going to go to all that effort and coding work to please talentless players who will move on once they hit their peak?

I remember there being something on the front page that specified that if you were a good player, beatmapper, skinner, or otherwise useful to the community, you were welcome. So where does that leave bad players?
Well actually, if you think about it, this is probably what most people saw:

Or maybe if they had a score on the song:

But you know what they wouldn't have seen? Your score. You can only see the top 50 scores, so if your score isn't top 50, or top 50 no mod, then no one will see it except you, unless you show it to someone. And why would you show it someone if it's not impressive? Stop caring about how others see you, the majority of us are shit at this game, and will be seen that way unless we work to improve and actually become good, then we can show off a score that people will see as good.

Also, no where does it say you're not welcome. Look around the forums, with the exception of like maybe 5 people tops out of 20+, the most recent page of threads have had no good people at all. We are all bad here, and we are all welcome. (Except multi accounters, they don't usually last long)
Dexus
Sign me up for being an unremarkable player then, because I have played more and longer than most top players and I'm still not close to their scores...

bad
synonyms: substandard, poor, inferior, second-rate, second-class, unsatisfactory, inadequate, unacceptable, not up to scratch, not up to par, deficient, imperfect, defective, faulty, shoddy, amateurish, careless, negligent, miserable, sorry;

Everyone is bad, technically.

You set your own standards with this game. You can keep comparing to others or compare yourself to what you used to be. You'll see if you're putting effort into this game that you're for certain improving.
Synpoo

silmarilen wrote:

everybody started like that.
some people get better, and others come to the forums asking for help/complaining about their lack of skill.
start getting 2k playcount per month consistently, then come back in a year if you still havent improved.
what if i get 2k playcount per week
show more