Apricot
add fucking audio leadin
FlobuFlobs
Seems abit Rushed

anyway, Gratz
Charles445
I need to keep track of these alternative mapping contests, they look fun
Musty
are you serious? Whirl is a "in 30mins mapped" difficulty..

edit: id rather put AR8 or AR7 it wouldve been way better!!!!!!!!!!
Lust
Greetings Hollow Wings, my apologies but on behalf of the QAT I must disqualify this beatmap for the following reason:
  1. Particular 1/4 patterns in the Whirl difficulty cause for some bad flow and confusing gameplay. There are some patterns that are hard to read, messy, and do not flow well. They can mostly be found in the first half of the beatmap, with the later patterns becoming more intuitive. We implore that you go through and improve any issues concerning this.
The Whirl difficulty uses some very complex 1/4 patterns, which can be fun. However, some instances of this cause too much confusion and can be improved in our eyes. Flow can also be improved in several areas. Here are some examples; these are not every instance of where the problems occur, so be sure to examine the difficulty thoroughly.
  1. 00:33:663 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The way the 1/4 is set up calls for a very awkward movement which is pretty sharp to play. 00:34:535 (6,7,8) - Is also pretty messy looking, and can cause confusion on a first look. 00:34:012 (3) - Is stacked underneath of 00:33:663 (1) - 's slider end, which can be hard to read. Try to improve the flow here
  2. 00:38:023 (1,2,3,1) - This can be incredibly difficult to play due to the way this is stacked and placed, not to mention it is also messy. 00:38:023 (1,2,3) - This is a seriously fast movement, which is followed by a pause stack on 00:38:372 (1) - that may not be easy to read
  3. 00:38:895 (1,2,3,1) - Another harsh 1/4 pattern, 00:38:895 (1,2) - is fine, but the cock back to 00:39:070 (3) - is just way too much
  4. 00:42:733 (5,6,7,8) - The flow is just way too harsh here, especially with the 1/4 movement in 00:42:733 (5,6,7) -
  5. 00:59:477 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - The change from 1/2 to 1/4 in the same spacing is confusing. Please try to use spacing changes consistently and clearly
  6. 01:42:035 (1,2,3) - More sharp and unnatural movements, plus 01:42:383 (3) - being obscured by 01:42:035 (1) - 's slider slide which can make things more confusing
In conclusion, we find that this beatmap is not ready for the ranked status. Please evaluate what has been stated here accordingly, and apply it. The BNG will handle the requalification process. Good luck!

###M
Autumn
尼玛 劳资刚打了榜就美丽
然而我看了下LS图样图森破的建议已然无语凝噎.气死偶咧
现在我终于体会到了HW的辛苦

Edit:删除了喷人的词语..汉字博大精深的好处之一就是你用谷歌翻译也看不懂。我没演戏,求放过(
Megurine Luka
不针对任何人。只是每次看到QATunqua完的结束语就有种:“啊不好意思我把你女儿草怀孕了但是我不想负责任所以你找别人喜当爹吧。”的即视感。

Life is so hard.
Charles445

Lust wrote:

Particular 1/4 patterns in the Whirl difficulty cause for some bad flow and confusing gameplay.
That's....
That's...
That's the point, guys, that's the point.
That's intentional.
It's supposed to do that.
The diff is based on gimmicky jerky movement.
This is not a flow map.
This is really, really not a flow map.
Nyxa
Charles ♥
Aka
not a flow map you say, but that is what makes it unplayable and uhm, unreadable. at least i didnt enjoy those tricky parts which required a lot of luck and awkward movements of my hand. im not fan of "alternative mapping" etc so i am against stuff like that in ranked section :\
hope the map will recieve some decent mods to improve the playability of of it and get into ranked nevertheless
Nyxa
Some things that used to be unplayable and unreadable for me became playable and readable after I improved as a player. And other maps are still unreadable and unplayable for me even though people of way lower rank than mine can FC it. Of course there's a line to draw but you gotta stay aware of the fact that some maps just don't work for certain players, while they do for others.
FlobuFlobs
Drama bby
Kibbleru
i can never tell wether charles is supporting the mapper or against the mapper
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

Charles445 wrote:

I need to keep track of these alternative mapping contests, they look fun then you should not miss the winners' works in this mapping contest www.

Lust wrote:

Greetings Hollow Wings, my apologies but on behalf of the QAT I must disqualify this beatmap for the following reason:
  1. Particular 1/4 patterns in the Whirl difficulty cause for some bad flow and confusing gameplay. There are some patterns that are hard to read, messy, and do not flow well. They can mostly be found in the first half of the beatmap, with the later patterns becoming more intuitive. We implore that you go through and improve any issues concerning this.
The Whirl difficulty uses some very complex 1/4 patterns, which can be fun. However, some instances of this cause too much confusion and can be improved in our eyes. Flow can also be improved in several areas. Here are some examples; these are not every instance of where the problems occur, so be sure to examine the difficulty thoroughly.

surprising again, these patterns can be a dq reason because difficulty.

reading patterns are just a kind of pattern, which test players' playing skill as a extra-level pattern in the top diff. "bad flow" is more like "anti-flow" in name defining different flow for different patterns; "confusing gameplay" also make no sense because 220bpm stream can also confusing gameplay for noobs as well. if this can be a dq reason to dq a map contains difficult pattern, then it can be the one for disqualifying any other extra diffs because there'll be always much more people who can't play them than the others, and those do confuse them playing as well because they can't. on the other hand, i remember before the dq there are already full of A ranked score in the list board with really high acc and combo, even more with fc scores as well. how qats can judge the map confuse gameplay when lots of players can play them with really well performance with no blocking?

anyway, the dq happens and i'll take all of mods really seriously. but i wanna say the main idea of those patterns won't be changed.

1. 00:33:663 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The way the 1/4 is set up calls for a very awkward movement which is pretty sharp to play. it's not awkward actually ,and even express the melody with antiflowed movements better than just do stream stacked or fluent.
    00:34:535 (6,7,8) - Is also pretty messy looking, and can cause confusion on a first look. 00:34:012 (3) - Is stacked underneath of 00:33:663 (1) - 's slider end, which can be hard to read. Try to improve the flow here they are hard to read, ofc. but that not means they can't be read. and even most of players can read this pattern, those ones who can't read this pattern need to improve there reading skill imo. a reading pattern can't be read only happens when some game elements' completely overlapped. (note, slider's arrow, track, and direction of the track) i can't see anything's can't be read here, and i've snapped ds to help players reading the pattern, and everyone knows patterns like this can be more difficult.
  2. 00:38:023 (1,2,3,1) - This can be incredibly difficult to play due to the way this is stacked and placed, not to mention it is also messy. 00:38:023 (1,2,3) - This is a seriously fast movement, which is followed by a pause stack on 00:38:372 (1) - that may not be easy to read maybe you haven't notice the stacked note at 00:38:372 (1) - and 00:39:244 (1) - is at the place of their previous streams' ends? that'll help players aiming and have break in movements, which is easier than spread them out with rising difficulty. this patterns really easy to be read than put those stacked notes out, other wise players will be really stressed in moving their cursors. you can test them by different composing withs same pattern, i'm sure my version is the easiest one.
  3. 00:38:895 (1,2,3,1) - Another harsh 1/4 pattern, 00:38:895 (1,2) - is fine, but the cock back to 00:39:070 (3) - is just way too much same as what i've mentioned above.
  4. 00:42:733 (5,6,7,8) - The flow is just way too harsh here, especially with the 1/4 movement in 00:42:733 (5,6,7) - this can be arranged in another way thou, changed a bit.
  5. 00:59:477 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - The change from 1/2 to 1/4 in the same spacing is confusing. Please try to use spacing changes consistently and clearly thou i think the pattern itself is completely ok for playing because i've noticed that 1/4 jump with same melody at 00:58:954 (2,3) - , i can admit that the patterns' not really accepted to most of players. so changed to another style.
  6. 01:42:035 (1,2,3) - More sharp and unnatural movements, plus 01:42:383 (3) - being obscured by 01:42:035 (1) - 's slider slide which can make things more confusing same words as above, and actually this pattern has no differences to those previous ones in main idea, except the higher ds which is set for higher emotion in the song.
In conclusion, we find that this beatmap is not ready for the ranked status. Please evaluate what has been stated here accordingly, and apply it. The BNG will handle the requalification process. Good luck!
thou my map's always ready for rank, always dq for reason i haven't heard from anyone.

###0 ←??
thanks for modding!
ZZHBOY
expecting for next funny requalify process
Musty

Tess wrote:

Some things that used to be unplayable and unreadable for me became playable and readable after I improved as a player. And other maps are still unreadable and unplayable for me even though people of way lower rank than mine can FC it. Of course there's a line to draw but you gotta stay aware of the fact that some maps just don't work for certain players, while they do for others.
this is not the point,

idd this has some "innovative" patterns, but please.. how are you supposed to sightread that? this is not even fun to play afterwards anyways.. I honestly don't know why everyone is looking for doing harder & harder stuff, but not correctly. I am sorry but this is not fun after the 2nd try and gets very boring to play because you cant really feel the music while doing those "triplet jumps" or w/e you want it to be called. Most of the patterns in the map are not intuitive at all, some doesn't look good.

Plus i might ask: Why do people like HW have the ability to abuse that kind of overmapping while they can still rank their maps anyways..? When a new mapper is doing something which is not really expected like those random 1/4 patterns ( yes they are fucking random, don't tell me this fits the music, because i can't actually hear it, im probably deaf :) :) :) :) :) ) he got sniped and people are like "duuuuuuuuuude are you fucking crazy, this is not how mapping works" while it actually is according what you can actually see in the ranking category.
I am not hating or whatever because i personally love your 2 Halozy ranked maps which are imo insanely good but this.. This is not what i actually enjoy.
Demmon
a story about circlejerk my friend.
FlobuFlobs
I love you musty
Charles445
Breaking news! People who have existing ranked maps get their maps ranked quicker!

Also fun fact there's constant 1/4 in the music, you can hear it mostly in the left channel.
It stops at 00:44:826 -, then starts again at 01:07:151 - .
In that middle part, only "overmapping" I could hear was two slider ends. Ends. Not starts.

On a personal note, I don't really find this map that hard to read, it's just hard to play.
Musty
so it means that circlejerking allows you to rank map faster? Kreygasm i didnt know
i do hear the 1/4 btw, just in terms of notes placements.. Flow and everything else is pretty random, and it's worth playing something like THIS rather than that lmao... i sometimes wonder if you guys still play the game or if you're only focusing on mapping stuff that only "LOOKS GUD"
Kodora
Talked to HW and requalified

Grats!
Musty
i felt completly ignored
Aka
i feel you
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings
to Musty:

your idea is similar to this:

"i don't like bpm 240 maps, i like bpm 160 maps."

and i want to say this to you:

"then go to play bpm 160 maps."

idk if you can understand this, i mean, in every sense. i hope you do, honestly.

just hate some of my works, until the day you wanna try to understand them comes. (thou that day may never exists

if you want detail explains, i've already stated in the post with feedback to Lust's mod. you can check them by yourself, they'll be all of my answer of you doubts in this map. and that may be the reason you think you're ignored.

p.s. when people throw dirty words to me together, say circlejerk to them instead please.
Musty
i didnt said that.. Did I? i said that i was not hating or anything, i just said that this was not a map meant to be played more or less... at least for me but i am pretty sure that im not the only one
Thanks for the answer anyways HW

ps: i said that i actually liked some of your maps though in case you missed it lol
Charles445
My post was a response to your post, you didn't get ignored :?
ac8129464363
and it's through, grats :D
1PSA
恭喜 :) 好久没上成功错过了改mod时间
Kayla
@twirl
patterns like this 00:31:744 (6,7,8) are simply not intuitive and require playing multiple times for me to be able to predict/play.

spacing of this anti jump section 00:32:878 (3,4,5,6) is repeated often makes it very unenjoyable to play in my opinion.

i like when maps flow and it feels like your map is full of holes dispite the song being beautiful and full. i mean i dont like low CS maps in general, because most of the map feels empty and it feels like it becomes more of an articificial difficulty. i believe if you listened to the early mods on this map instead of saying "nope" to everything people took time and effort to lay out for you it would be much better.

its a shame that mapping is becoming more about the mapper alone and less about a colaberation of community elements and effort. the song is nice though.
Ashton
I hate the hardest diff name, please~