forum

[resolved] "&" and "and" in search

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
An64fan
It would be nice if "&" and "and" could be used interchangeably in searches on the site and in-game. Most likely everyone here has a preference as to which they'll regularly write first, and they're already the same thing in different strokes anyways. Similar scenarios are obviously present, but I feel this would be the most prominent case where interchangeability would be nice.

Especially in cases of somename & somename or similar. Again, in-game would be particularly nice--I'm sure not all of us are minimalists, and in-game presents results right away--whereas beatmap searches on the site are handled differently and sorted based on relevance (making this a little less a problem in that case anyways).
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zekira
"&" and "and"?
:P
arien666
Search 'Taiko no Tatsujin' but...
Searched 'Taiko' and 'no' and 'Tatsujin' WTF???

Oops sorry :3...

Anyway, it seems good idea XD
+1 XD
anonymous_old

Zekira wrote:

"&" and "and"?
:P
Reminds me of a quote in Steve Ouailline's Practical C Programming (2nd ed.) (Chapter 10, page 134, on bit operations):

NOTE wrote:

Soon after discovering the bug illustrated by this program, I told my office mate, "I now understand the difference between and and and and," and he understood me. How we understand language has always fascinated me, and the fact that I could utter such a sentence and have someone understand it without trouble amazed me.
Guy-kun
Another helpful thing would be if the character " ' " could be stripped out when searching, might make life too awkward, but for example being able to search "dont" instead of "don't" is something thats nagged me
James2250

Guy-kun wrote:

Another helpful thing would be if the character " ' " could be stripped out when searching, might make life too awkward, but for example being able to search "dont" instead of "don't" is something thats nagged me
annoys me alot too...
awp
I actually use + when referring to && in search boxes =<
Esupanitix
This seems kinda nice for the 99% of people who care whether "and" and "&" are interchangeable

+1
TheVileOne
I don't think this request is relevant anymore. Resolving...