forum

Do you play at work?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Walrus_Lord
Do you play at work?
Rio-
how about something like "play at somewhere else beside your own house"?

I play when I'm at college's cafeteria or in empty classroom (ofc when It's break-time) too
AutoMedic
Yeah

I usually bring my Vita at school. Playing aroundwith it everytime i go to Starbucks
Granger
But what is if i work as gametester?! Do i play or work at work?!
AutoMedic

Granger wrote:

usually, gametesters aren't a fixed/hired team.

devs hire a few local gamers in their studio area and those people who get invited are able to playtest.

correct me if i am wrong
Granger

Sonatora wrote:

Granger wrote:

usually, gametesters aren't a fixed/hired team.

devs hire a few local gamers in their studio area and those people who get invited are able to playtest.

correct me if i am wrong
You speak of alpha testers, usually alpha testers are like that. Well, used to. With this new EARLY ACCESS EVERYTHING(tm) technology your alpha and beta testers even pay for you!

Professional Gametesters are hired, some work fixed for a company, others not. They're a important part of the debugging team. And no, its not a fun job since while you "play" a game you're repeating certain actions over and over, for a racing game as example that could be this: You run against sharp walls on purpose. For hours sometimes.

Alpha/Beta-testers and gametesters roles in game developement are similar, but alpha/beta testers focus on playing the game and figuring if features could be improved or are missing while gametesters focus on finding bugs (and get paid for it).
Anyways how does this relate to my question?
OsuMe65
Ya, Beta/Alpha testers do play at work (since their job is to play)
JackBezarius18
All Moment is good to play XD
Gumpy
NO Network does not allow outside connections from third party programs except approved ones.
OsuMe65
Some people play the loner's game aka. Solitaire in their PC during their free time at work
xpurpleturtlex
I play at school, when we eat!
Athrun
Sometimes, when I'm bored in class, I play on my phone.
Therieri
No. I don't play anywhere else than home.
Esupanitix
I'm never anywhere else besides the comfort of mine own house =w= so I don't play at work
nbs4
Home is the only place where I have free access to a PC.
Infeh
Sometimes. :p
HazeL
I do
manofplan
i always play at school
Ender Lain
Always and never stop
Except kalau kuota internet habis...heh
deadbill
how2play at work?