forum

[invalid] Bring back custom titles for mode-specific BATs

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
StickyPicky
Hey, bring back the old BAT system, like:

Osu!StandardBAT
CatchtheBeatBAT
TaikoBAT
Osu!ManiaBAT

So we can easily determine the right person to ask for a certain mod.
MillhioreF
I was about to deny this topic based on title alone, but the actual request is more sensible. How about a better topic title, like "Bring back custom titles for mode-specific BATs"?
Kurokami
The idea for the title was from me. lol Its really sounds bad. orz
Natsu
I support this, since with the big amount of new BATs, is really hard to guess who is a specific BAT for each mode.
Maiz94
Support, please bring back.
deadbeat
I've already talked to eph about this(refer to the osu!talk episode about the staff rework) and i think it got approval. i might try chase up with him again about this

edit: http://youtu.be/c10Jiq1xZus?t=19m50s
Loctav
According to the intention of simulating moddingv2, where everyone with a specific score can nominate any map and send them to Qualified, the system does not differ between game modes. It penalizes the score of those, who nominate stuff but get this map unqualified again - until they lose their capability to nominate maps.

Therefore, basically everyone is allowed to bubble and qualify anything here . BATs must determine by themselves if they are capable of handling a specific game mode or not . If they think they can handle mania, they can do it, but if they fuck up, they get booted again - like in moddingv2.

Therefore these titles are obsolete, since we do not maintain a title bound obligation anymore. Everyone is allowed to do anything, but they must know for themselves if they can risk their abilities to bubble/nominate stuff if they start bubbling stuff they are unsure of.

Yet anyone can develop themselves forward and get capable of other game modes without anyone's approval. The strict distinction does only exist for the QAT, but internally.

Invalid request. Sorry. You must get used to it.
xxdeathx
a minor annoyance but it's not too hard to figure what kind of mode they do by looking on user page or kd history