forum

Faster improvement: Tablet or mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dreamgate
A friend of mine and me were discussing about that its easier to "get better" with tablet than with mouse.
So I want to ask you forumz
My opinion is that its the same.
[Bystander]
Tablet imho
Vuelo Eluko

[Bystander] wrote:

Tablet imho
uzzi
No doubt tablet, it overcomes a lot of the issues that you'd have with a mouse.
cyfra_old
Personal preference.
GoldenWolf
It's about the same imho

The difference mainly come from personal preferences, and mouse is probably harder to find the right settings on
Nameless
Tablet is easier to get good with. You have more freedom with it and its easier to spin with in general. You also have a choice of how much tablet area you wanna use.
GoldenWolf

MintLatios wrote:

Tablet is easier to get good with. You have more freedom with it and its easier to spin with in general. You also have a choice of how much tablet area you wanna use.
More freedom? What does that even mean?
It's subjective which peripheral is easier to spin with.
And you have the choice of which DPI you want to use with a mouse too.
Rokusho
I would say tablet, although I've only played mouse-only for now I have played way more than a lot of tablet users with the same skill level.
ninjastarr
The popular opinion is that it is indeed 'faster' to get better with tablet versus mouse(probably more-so if your tablet hand is the hand you write with), but once you reach a certain point the level of improvement is negligible.

In other words, you don't need to buy a tablet at all to get good if you'd rather stick with your mouse. (Especially if you don't draw; tablets are expensive equipment if you'll be using it only for osu!)

Just remember that you don't necessarily have to be great at the game to have fun(which is the point); skill comes with time no matter which playstyle you choose!

Riince wrote:

[Bystander] wrote:

Tablet imho
³
cheezstik
Aside from personal preference, probably tablet, absolute tracking gives a massive advantage in osu compared to relative tracking. Contrary to popular belief though, tablet wont make you a god at spinning compared to mouse.
Chocorock
Basically, I learned how to play hard maps with mouse and learned to play insane maps with tablet. My learning speed for both of them was about the same.
Top Bunk
I made quite a big improvement quickly right after switching to tablet. Only took a day to adjust, if even. And then zoomed on past my mouse capabilities. It just felt much more natural to me. Despite that, I'd say it's really a matter of preference and what you're most comfortable with using. For me, it just so happened to be with the tablet.
winber1
or
ZenithPhantasm
There's a reason we dont have a mouse player with 8k pp yet.

In my honest opinion tablet's biggest advantage is absolute tracking (oh wow I just have to point?), the light weight of the stylus, and the lack of friction if you hover. This allows for much more consistency when playing hence a faster learning curve. Im sure no tablet player that hovers ever had issues aiming because their mousepad was soaked in sweat.
Varetyr
Vuelo Eluko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

There's a reason we dont have a mouse player with 8k pp yet.

In my honest opinion tablet's biggest advantage is absolute tracking (oh wow I just have to point?), the light weight of the stylus, and the lack of friction if you hover. This allows for much more consistency when playing hence a faster learning curve. Im sure no tablet player that hovers ever had issues aiming because their mousepad was soaked in sweat.
www goes nuts with that mouse doe [That 9000 dpi tho]

GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

[That 9000 dpi tho]
Except it's 2'000?
Rewben2

[Bystander] wrote:

Tablet imho