forum

How the hell are you supposed to play stuff like this

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sayonara_sekai
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/12318

This is giving me a headache. Stuff like this makes up like 80% of my misses in general. I can play that map decently well if I change it to AR8 but the AR7 version wrecks me every time at the first long lines of singles. I watched some replays and it looks like people are snapping every single note, I can't even understand how thats humanly possible. I just drive-by the notes with my cursor and hope I hit them at the right time.

If I try to snap I hit the first note and miss every one after that. I've spent a good chunk of time just snapping everything in easier maps but I never seem to be able to do it in harder ones.

How are people able to snap fast lines of 1/2 beats? I cant even wrap my mind around the thought.
silmarilen
magic
Topic Starter
sayonara_sekai
thanks dude. ill paly more x-)=
GoldenWolf
np glad to help
Ichi
Lol, it´s funny because you even got the answer by yourself, gj :)

Now gl getting frustrated with this game, over and over....

and over...

?
and over and over and over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and over again.
Vuelo Eluko
no point in learning ar7 and below
hell even learning to play ar8 for the more difficult maps is more to get respect than something you need to do to get better/rank up
YukinoDesuDesu
Being able to read low ar doesn't hurt at all.
FlyingKebab
Depends, some people play to rank up, some people play to be good, some people to be good and some "static" out of it. It's a rarity for someone to be able to play a span of AR like 10.3-6 and if there is someone like that he must feel like a boss.

Playing low AR is playing low AR, if you want to be able to play it then add some low AR maps to your daily routine, start using HD on AR 8.0 and lower and you will just learn to WAIT for the music and not rush stuff.

EDIT: I do admit that i don't like low AR myself since i like faster songs but low just sticks to some more relaxing/calm songs. Attack Rate below 9 is self control AR above 8 is aim/reading and reaction. Just my 2 cents of my first month \:D/ . Opinions... Yeah.

GoldenWolf: <3 your trolling.
MillhioreF
Low AR is beneficial because it forces you to actually read patterns instead of point-and-click, which gives a strong foundation for building aim and understanding map patterns. Even just AR6/7 is enough for this, you don't have to go full on easy mod like I did. Just my two cents.
Insyni
By playing stuff like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/24022 (Black)

Enjoy! ^.^
xGx

- Marco -
QAT derank that plz xdxd
RaneFire
Labyrinth is quite useful for practicing snapping though... Snapping is also easier with mouse.

It's not a difficult map, but it is difficult if you choose to snap every note when you can't yet command your hand that way. The more natural way of playing it is to snap the shapes and flow through the line singles.
Vuelo Eluko
also this is what we in the trade call a 'bad map' and typically the question isn't how you're supposed to play it but why
YukinoDesuDesu
If you can't read it, doesn't mean it's bad... there's nothing wrong with labyrinth.
Vuelo Eluko

Asiangodx2 wrote:

If you can't read it, doesn't mean it's bad... there's nothing wrong with labyrinth.
didnt say i couldnt read it
it's just bad
played it and halfway through realized it was just boring repetitive spacing and stopped.
piruchan
Thanks for the map, it's fun to play.