forum

Figured I could introduce myself here.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jindujun93
So, first of all - hi there! Figured that after playing the game for a while, but not actually doing anything on the forums during that time it'd be appropriate to actually introduce myself.

I found osu around 11 months ago - back then a friend kept telling me how supposedly great it was, and I thought - well, why the heck not? Wouldn't hurt to try. So I downloaded the game, got a few beatmaps from him and started playing sporadically, until I got the idea to register myself - it was kind of a bummer not being able to see how you ranked compared to others. All said and done, though I used the account just for that - so that I'd be able to get some ranked scores. Ever since registering here though, I only really played CtB. The standard osu doesn't feel right with a mouse to me, seeing how I actually played EBA during the days of the Nintendo DS and am therefore used to a touchscreen, and Taiko doesn't feel like it hits the spot either.
During the recent football world cup, I took a sneak peek at the forums, but didn't do much else, until I actually decided to dive right into it a few days ago. So now that I got my history out of the way, a few things about myself, which is probably why you're reading this in the first place.

I'm a pretty easygoing fellow, I'd say - most of the time I'm busy working on my degree at University, but when I'm around I'm usually available for chats. My main interests are football, being an avid watcher of the German Bundesliga, as well as playing videogames, listening to music, reading manga/watching anime as well as playing chess.
I also tend to have a somewhat competetive streak in some games I play (which is especially noticeable on Pokemon Online and the like), but that apparently didn't really carry over to osu at all. The most serious you'll ever see me is using the HR mod, or playing a medium insane map. Don't really like the harder ones.

When it comes to anime and manga - I'm mainly a fan of what started around or before 2000. I'm not really fond of anime and manga developing into the direction of moe and fanservice, so I usually avoid this, though there are a few exceptions. Favorites include, but aren't limited to: Hunter x Hunter, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Parasyte, Ghost in the Shell, Bokurano, and basically everything from the god of manga himself Naoki Urasawa, starting with Monster.

Videogames... let's just say the ones I enjoy most are RPGs, Dungeon Crawlers and turn-based strategy. The harder the game is, the more likely you'll see me enjoying it. Prime examples are probably the SMT and Etrian Odyssey series, Advance Wars probably as well.
My favorite genres of music are Rock and Metal, though I always enjoy listening to some VGM as well.

For those wondering where my name came from - Jindujun's basically the name of Dragon Ball's flying Nimbus in the German version of the manga. About six years ago when I started exploring some forums, I needed a name and that one sort of popped up in my head for some reason, I decided to keep it afterwards.

That's probably it. Got any questions? Feel free to ask, the worst I'll do is probably evade the question if I don't like answering that one. So yeah, that's it from me. Thanks for taking the time reading through this stuff!
Nutella
Wish my real life friends would be this cool and play osu with me...Welcome to the forums non the less! Hope you enjoy your stay here and I'm sure you'll find someone with the same interests as you here.
Squishy Squishy
I don't really have any "IRL" Friends. But welcome. I think i have also played osu for 11 months. so yep~
Miunix
Biggest introduction i ever seen in this forum lol

Welcome to the forums :3
Cerulean Veyron
Welcome, Jindujun!

Great Intro! Make sure you don't tell all your personal stuffs.... for your personal safety v_v
Topic Starter
Jindujun93

Gray Veyron wrote:

Great Intro! Make sure you don't tell all your personal stuffs.... for your personal safety v_v
I know, I know. I'm no stranger to the internet, but so far what I told was just about my interests. No personal stuff like a name for example. '^^

Thanks for the welcome though, and that goes to the other ones who replied here as well. I sorta tend to write maybe a bit too much once I get going, so please bear with me when it comes to that. '^^
Gumpy
I'm just gonna asume the wall of text says you play osu!, read manga and watch Anime.

Welcome to the forum.