forum

[Archived] Random Osu Hiccups

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrTindervox
Hellow,
I've been playing for a while now but it started giving me random hiccups here and there. It basically slows down, my fps goes down and my mouse can barely move which concludes to combo breaks. It's really weird, maybe it has something to do with the mp3 player. I really don't know. I used to have this on my old PC, but it was understandable due to it's specs: 1GB RAM 1.46Ghz and etc. My current PC though has: 8GB RAM I-5 3.2 x4 Ghz and Nvidia GTX 660.
So I'm pretty sure specs. isn't the problem. Any solutions to the hiccups then?~ :?
Taadashi
Do you run a lot of background applications? Have you tried disabling aero while playing?
Topic Starter
MrTindervox
Nope, I completely turned off everything beside Osu - and it still has hiccups ;/~
Witch Mercy
Have you tried reinstalling osu?
hersa37
Did you set your framerate to unlimited and have no adequate cooling?
Topic Starter
MrTindervox

hersa37 wrote:

Did you set your framerate to unlimited and have no adequate cooling?
I did that - I also ran a FPS counter and though I am running from 200 to 350 fps. It's.. really weird to explain but it just slows down and my mouse basically can barely move like it's choking, though I must say it did help a little bit~
Taadashi
Does the mouse work normally outside of osu? It might be broken itself.
Granger
Im experiencing something similar when running certain background applications such as skype or steam when i recive a message on those. Make sure to close background applications for optimal RAM/CPU availability and uninterrupted playing.
Topic Starter
MrTindervox

Taadashi wrote:

Does the mouse work normally outside of osu? It might be broken itself.
The mouse is fine - I got it replaced, funny enough for this sort of reason, but it's the program or my PC choking not the mouse cause it looks like the map can't keep up with the music and stops for a second. I picked a random song to show you the choke - I hope it is visible due to the fact that you can feel it way better when you are playing it, but it's difficult to notice in a recording. It's only at the start - later on it evens out, but it happens randomly in random parts of the songs every time you play it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPNkHjC ... e=youtu.be