forum

Impossible Streams?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyrim
Hey there!

Is there a way to make "double-clicks"? I´ve found the usual streams which are fine, but on some maps, the streams are just too fast, meaning there is the normal beat speed, streams and fast streams which are double the speed of a stream.
Thats impossible to click tho i´ve seen enough player fc 400 bpm streams which appears impossible.
So is there a way or do i have to build me a robot hand in order to hit that?

Ps:
1. I hope you were able to understand me :/ Didn´t really know how to describe it
2. I hope this question didn´t get asked already. If so, please refer to the link!
Dolphin
t/232453
t/230110

^These are for complex streams mostly.
Some people simply tap rather fast by alternating between their right hand and left hand. It's all just practice.
ddkk players however may have more issue when it comes to streaming at extreme speeds, although it certainly is possible to go to 300 bpm or higher, with immense amounts of dedication and practice.

tl;dr: practice more.
Topic Starter
Kyrim
yeah well. then i think the way osu handles the streams is stupid.

if you take a look at "forgotten" for example, the map is 250 bpm meaning with those fast streams it goes up to 500 bpm streams which is just impossible...
Fullerene-
It's not impossible

you're just not fast enough
Topic Starter
Kyrim
ofcourse i´m not. and for now noone is (as noone beat the map yet). that maaaay be, because it´s just impossible. 500 bpm results in 1,000 normal beats, meaning 2,000 clicks per minute if the whole thing was a stream resulting in 4,000 clicks via the fast streams. that are 67 clicks per second which (if you look at records of clicks per second) is the world record, and thats without the fact, that he has to tap before and afterwards...
so yeah.... i´m still saying they should just reduce that to normal streams as those fast streams are just stupid and impossible...
Nwolf
Stop playing the converted diff of Forgotten it makes no sense, it has a Taiko-specific diff for a reason lol
Dolphin
Converted beatmaps from Standard mode do not generate satisfactory taiko maps.
So stupid maps with lots of 1/8 repeat sliders will turn into 1/8 shitstreams on taiko mode.

Your example is the converted difficulty which is a bad example of how taiko maps are.
The Taiko map on Forgotten is playable on and MADE to be playable on taiko mode, whilst standard converts are meant for osu! standard mode.

I highly doubt the mappers of Standard difficulties consider every other game mode when making their maps.
This is with the exception of Taikosu maps.

The conversion algorithm can't be changed for older version of the .osu format, but it may be updated for newer versions, although I don't think the way the game handles repeat sliders in converted difficulties will change any time soon.

EDIT: WAOW NWOLF NINJA
Topic Starter
Kyrim
ok, so your saying if i get better, keep playing taiko and one day get to these insane maps i don´t have to put up with such stupid design choices? damn... thats a relief :D i was actually worried because i coudln´t see me ever tapping those streams, but i seem to have forgotten that taiko is super fun even without those maps...

thanks guys ;)

EDIT:
i didn´t even realise that the forgotten map had a taiko specific map as i was just browsing through my collections of the osu! mode.... now i feel stupid :P
Bara-
Use your mouse
I use 3 fingers for those streams (210 1/8 (1/6? LeaF - I Terror HT)) and I even outspeed it most of the time
DothThouHoist

baraatje123 wrote:

Use your mouse
I use 3 fingers for those streams (210 1/8 (1/6? LeaF - I Terror HT)) and I even outspeed it most of the time
Isn't this thread for taiko? Lololol

I just HT ultra taiko maps like those, technically still give PP right?
(pretty sure the taiko pp system is different from the mania one)
Bara-

DothThouHoist wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

Use your mouse
Isn't this thread for taiko? Lololol

I just HT ultra taiko maps like those, technically still give PP right?
(pretty sure the taiko pp system is different from the mania one)
Go to that map and that diff
Go to Taiko mode
See me in the rankings (at #33)
Watch and learn
DothThouHoist

baraatje123 wrote:

Go to that map and that diff
Go to Taiko mode
See me in the rankings (at #33)
Watch and learn
Well, it's like 2AM here so i would really like to just drop and sleep :P
But still good score i would have to say, considering taiko literally doubles the speeds of the already stupidly fast streams
Bara-
yeah, but check some of wzxxzw's replays
FC on MAd Machine, IOSYS DJPOP deathstream maps, LeaF - I (Terror)
Those are just insane
DothThouHoist

baraatje123 wrote:

yeah, but check some of wzxxzw's replays
FC on MAd Machine, IOSYS DJPOP deathstream maps, LeaF - I (Terror)
Those are just insane
if only TKS was still with us
(first one to ever 10,000PP swag)
roufou

baraatje123 wrote:

Use your mouse
pretty sure that would be bannable if there was a way to detect it since it's counted as foal play (using equipment you shouldn't have)

you can also use multiple keyboards to do this
Bara-
I use kk dd (right hand goed for red)
I use laptop, so easy access to left/right mouse click
I use my right hand for hit 1/2
Use the trackpad (a built in feature) to hit 3 for extra speed
roufou
so? in taiko you're supposed to be equiped with 4 buttons, not 6
Bara-
But mouse also works, so I combine them
In std you can also use 4 keys, but most people only use 2 (mostly bcz of tablet), but you can alternate clicking and tapping (kb), and that's no prob right?
Dolphin

agu wrote:

foal play

i couldn't resist
DothThouHoist

Dolphin wrote:

agu wrote:

foal play

i couldn't resist
I lol'd plis stahp
MMzz
Given that the game is coded to allowing mouse and keyboard to work at the same time means you can use all those keys to your leisure. And it is not cheating if you developed a technique to use multiple fingers with your equipment.

But when you are duplicating an input device (2kb) or using any sort of macro, it becomes questionable.