forum

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount
So this game is coming out on 3DS soon, I couldn't help but pre-order it. 200+ Final Fantasy songs and 60 characters? Yes please.

Anyone else plan on buying this game when it comes out?
Ceph23
Forget pre-ordering
I need to buy the 3DS first damn it.
AutoMedic
no

the game is terrible
Sey
Definitely, cannot wait for it! I am hyped :3
Azure_Kite
So is this simply a Theatrhythm 1.5/2.0 or something? Because if the songs from Theatrhythm are contained entirely within Curtain Call + more, that kinda stings.

That being said, considering what happened to my copy of the original Theatrhythm, I doubt I'll be getting this.

NotEvenDoomMusic

Azure_Kite wrote:

So is this simply a Theatrhythm 1.5/2.0 or something? Because if the songs from Theatrhythm are contained entirely within Curtain Call + more, that kinda stings.

That being said, considering what happened to my copy of the original Theatrhythm, I doubt I'll be getting this.

I could imagine that Theatrhythm's songs are put up as pricy DLCs (as we know Square Enix by now) amongst with some other bait to lure in whatever money they could get their hands on.

Whilst i'm more curious about;
What happened to your copy of Theatrhythm?

I might consider buying Curtain Call for the reason that i've played Theatrhythm at a friends place before and it's quite fun, though, it's probably the last game in my list of 3DS games that i would buy since i still have to get Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and games that i consider having more priority than a final fantasy stylizied rhythm game.
Azure_Kite
A queen-size bed leg kinda sat on it unintentionally for a few months.

The casing for the game was warped beyond repair, but I performed surgery on it with an old DS cartridge I never used, so that it would at least slot in and work.
Ekoro
useless bump? .w.

It's been like one month that i'm playing Curtain Call and well, i find this game nearly complete and very good /o/
since every DLC of the first Theatrhythm is in Curtain Call (exception of Somnus, iirc), well it makes a lot of choice.
I don't know if there were DLC from "new" games like FFXIII-2, but well, there are music from newest games, that's kinda great :D

SPOILER
well maybe it lacks of EMS, not every game have its own EMS + you need to "farm" rhythmia to get them.
Still, the ability to reset character and boost them is an awesome idea, even if it makes some characters overcheated. °°

I'm not playing that much at Quest Medley but well, it's way better than Chaos Shrine at least.

and there is the thing that the first Theatrhythm really didn't have: online battles ! AI battle is kinda blank though lol

I used to find the first Theatrhythm FF great, now since Curtain Call is out, i find it so uncomplete... =w=
_Arzo_
maybe
Justykanna

Ekoro wrote:

useless bump? .w.

It's been like one month that i'm playing Curtain Call and well, i find this game nearly complete and very good /o/
since every DLC of the first Theatrhythm is in Curtain Call (exception of Somnus, iirc), well it makes a lot of choice.
I don't know if there were DLC from "new" games like FFXIII-2, but well, there are music from newest games, that's kinda great :D

SPOILER
well maybe it lacks of EMS, not every game have its own EMS + you need to "farm" rhythmia to get them.
Still, the ability to reset character and boost them is an awesome idea, even if it makes some characters overcheated. °°

I'm not playing that much at Quest Medley but well, it's way better than Chaos Shrine at least.

and there is the thing that the first Theatrhythm really didn't have: online battles ! AI battle is kinda blank though lol

I used to find the first Theatrhythm FF great, now since Curtain Call is out, i find it so uncomplete... =w=
I'd agree with you for the most part here.

SPOILER
I'm not sure I'd call the rhythmia "farming". There's so much to do in the game that it should all come naturally. I'm at 116k rhythmia and I haven't even come close to beating everything yet.
Chaos Quests to replace the Chaos Shrine was almost necessary, just because of how bland it was. It put a nice spin on the game, especially because Square seems to want to push more RPG-related elements into this game.

This game has such a long shelf life. I've played it near every day since it came out and I'm not even close being done with it.
And yeah, with everything they included, the last game would feel very incomplete.
Ekoro

Justykanna wrote:

SPOILER
I'm not sure I'd call the rhythmia "farming". There's so much to do in the game that it should all come naturally. I'm at 116k rhythmia and I haven't even come close to beating everything yet.
Chaos Quests to replace the Chaos Shrine was almost necessary, just because of how bland it was. It put a nice spin on the game, especially because Square seems to want to push more RPG-related elements into this game.
SPOILER
Yeah, you're kinda right. Sometimes when i feel bored, i usually play my favourite songs (usually the hardest one, i used to play the first game, and i mostly played "Battle of the Four Fiends" or "Battle at the Big Bridge", now there are more songs so i can have various plays !) and rhythmia comes naturally (also when i'm playing AI Battle to get CollectaCards). But well, sometimes i usually try to combine "Critical Charter Bonus" along with "Today's Top Hit"! so i get like x1.5 more. But well only the songs that -kinda- interests me. o3o

I have "only" 80k rhythmia though, usually Long Quests aren't for me, and Short/Medium Quests are too easy =w= (well i should really to play some of them, i mostly play Inherited Quests).

Aaaaand well, yeah, Chaos Quests are definitely more useful than Chaos Shrine where there were only one FMS, one BMS and one EMS (iirc). But i feel like using the items between maps is too easy sometimes, especially Potions. (well when you nearly miss no notes, it's kinda useless =w=).

Justykanna wrote:

This game has such a long shelf life. I've played it near every day since it came out and I'm not even close being done with it.
And yeah, with everything they included, the last game would feel very incomplete.
I've played it for like 60 hours and i feel like i did nothing (okay not really, but like 1/4 of the game? even if there isn't really an "end" to the game). Now i always play online, well it's kinda unfair that i always choose the hardest songs orz (i checked my ProfiCard, and it seems that i have chosen... Force Your Way 95 times *sighs*).
I've played it a lot since it was released... I'm not even thinking of stopping yet by laziness, noooooope. owo
Justykanna

Ekoro wrote:

I've played it for like 60 hours and i feel like i did nothing (okay not really, but like 1/4 of the game? even if there isn't really an "end" to the game). Now i always play online, well it's kinda unfair that i always choose the hardest songs orz (i checked my ProfiCard, and it seems that i have chosen... Force Your Way 95 times *sighs*).
I've played it a lot since it was released... I'm not even thinking of stopping yet by laziness, noooooope. owo
Yeah, there's a substantial amount of content to "finish" to actual complete the game and get 100%... good luck. ;)
I actually never play online lol. I'm really not a huge fan of the Ex-Skills and if I wanna play a song, I'll just play it on my own, level my characters and get Rhythmia in the process.
Force Your Way is probably one of the hardest battle songs in the game, yeah. It's up there with the Boss Battle music from FFIX for me.
I actually find a few EMS tracks to be reasonably difficult. You have to be pretty precise and it's harder when you don't even know the song (or if you know 1000 Words in English and the tune you're following is in Japanese).
I'm honestly not planning to stop anytime soon either. I bought Smash for the N3DS when it was released and I've played maybe half an hour on it... then Pokémon Omega Ruby's out next month and I dunno if I'll get to that either. Game's too addicting! =D
Ekoro
having to perfect chain all maps and complete their critical charts, get all characters unlocked and lv99, get all SSS (okay that might be hard)... well, it's extremely long, and it's good !
ex-bursts can change the entire game against opponent yep, but well, it's still skill-related (ability to "read" through Monster Buff, one of the worst ex-bursts imo, or follow the rhythm to bypass completely Wave Speed) !

Force Your Way is really fun to play, got a crazy All Critical someday, i don't know how i did that. XD
There are other songs that are more or less hard, depending of people, for example J-E-N-O-V-A (AC version). Since i played it a lot, i find it kinda easy, but there are a lot of red notes in different lanes, along with slide triggers. Or Battle 2 from FFV (free DLC iirc), crazy red notes and slide triggers too.
But actually the hardest songs is the songs with tricky rhythm, which are hard to SSS or something. In online, a "Judgement" burst and you're doomed, basically. :>

EMS are really difficult compared to other MS, i usually get around 9.0-9.2M as best score on some EMS (Lux Concordia, 1000 Words or Advent: One-Winged-Angel) with a lot of Great and stuff like that.
My brother bought SSB 3DS and i used to play a little bit for fun (since i never played SSB games, i suck at them). I don't know if i'll get Omega Ruby, i'm not hyped as for Pokemon X. Still, it would be fun to play it for the adventure or something... :|
Justykanna

Ekoro wrote:

having to perfect chain all maps and complete their critical charts, get all characters unlocked and lv99, get all SSS (okay that might be hard)... well, it's extremely long, and it's good !
ex-bursts can change the entire game against opponent yep, but well, it's still skill-related (ability to "read" through Monster Buff, one of the worst ex-bursts imo, or follow the rhythm to bypass completely Wave Speed) !

Force Your Way is really fun to play, got a crazy All Critical someday, i don't know how i did that. XD
There are other songs that are more or less hard, depending of people, for example J-E-N-O-V-A (AC version). Since i played it a lot, i find it kinda easy, but there are a lot of red notes in different lanes, along with slide triggers. Or Battle 2 from FFV (free DLC iirc), crazy red notes and slide triggers too.
But actually the hardest songs is the songs with tricky rhythm, which are hard to SSS or something. In online, a "Judgement" burst and you're doomed, basically. :>

EMS are really difficult compared to other MS, i usually get around 9.0-9.2M as best score on some EMS (Lux Concordia, 1000 Words or Advent: One-Winged-Angel) with a lot of Great and stuff like that.
My brother bought SSB 3DS and i used to play a little bit for fun (since i never played SSB games, i suck at them). I don't know if i'll get Omega Ruby, i'm not hyped as for Pokemon X. Still, it would be fun to play it for the adventure or something... :|
Perfect chains are doable for me but I rarely get critical charts. I got the Decisive Battle's full critical from FFVI after the 17th try...
Pretty much. I got sick of them though lol. Judgement's pretty difficult to play through but there are others that nail me more.

I actually find Jenova's AC version to be pretty easy. It's mostly about keeping a beat, which is something I excel in. Slide Triggers tend to be my hardest notes by default simply because I have a tendency to read them going in the opposite direction that they actually go in.

EMS required a little more precise note hitting if you ask me. Lux is probably my lowest rank with a B, simply because I don't know the song very well with One-Winged Angel being my best for the opposite reason. The FF Theatrhythm Medley is probably my favourite EMS though. The FFXIV bit's the best!

My older brother actually bought the SSB N3DS the other day too. He says it's better got his hands since it's a bigger platform - less hand cramping. SSB for N3DS takes some getting used to. I'm used to the NGC controller for Melee/Brawl so it's super awkward to need to use L for throwing instead of Z (from the NGC controller). I generally hold my N3DS with my point-fingers resting on the bottom too since it's a change to need them on the L and R.
X had a lot more hype - it's just natural with a new series.
Ekoro
TFF related

Justykanna wrote:

Perfect chains are doable for me but I rarely get critical charts. I got the Decisive Battle's full critical from FFVI after the 17th try...
Pretty much. I got sick of them though lol. Judgement's pretty difficult to play through but there are others that nail me more.
I usually aim for Perfect Chain but i don't mind if i do a Bad. Sometimes i usually take from 1 try (All Critical) up to ~10 tries. I also had trouble with "The Decisive Battle"... but actually it was from FFV. The rhythm is kinda tricky and Great comes very fastly.
Speaking of tricky rhythm, i hate when Judgement activates in a part where it's hard to play, like when there is a lot of notes (that red spam in Battle Theme 2 in FFII) or when the rhythm is... tricky (mostly FFX-2 songs, i find them annoying to play hehe)

Justykanna wrote:

I actually find Jenova's AC version to be pretty easy. It's mostly about keeping a beat, which is something I excel in. Slide Triggers tend to be my hardest notes by default simply because I have a tendency to read them going in the opposite direction that they actually go in.
J-E-N-O-V-A's AC version has a lot of red notes, and well, it becomes hard "only" in Online Battle, for example when there is Random Speed or Wave Speed. Glad that i know the map enough to play it naturally. XD
The Slide Triggers are hard when they are in a row, i usually slide and pray for not doing a Bad (actually i'm doing a Bad like... 20% of time, it depends)

Justykanna wrote:

EMS required a little more precise note hitting if you ask me. Lux is probably my lowest rank with a B, simply because I don't know the song very well with One-Winged Angel being my best for the opposite reason. The FF Theatrhythm Medley is probably my favourite EMS though. The FFXIV bit's the best!
Lux Concordia has a very silent song with chorus, maybe that's why it's hard to do a good score on it. I'm not really playing EMS though, so i can't really tell. Even if the videos are epic! (actually too much, i usually look at them instead of playing)

unrelated

Justykanna wrote:

My older brother actually bought the SSB N3DS the other day too. He says it's better got his hands since it's a bigger platform - less hand cramping. SSB for N3DS takes some getting used to. I'm used to the NGC controller for Melee/Brawl so it's super awkward to need to use L for throwing instead of Z (from the NGC controller). I generally hold my N3DS with my point-fingers resting on the bottom too since it's a change to need them on the L and R.
I don't really know how to play SSB, i barely hit what i see and spam A and arrow =w=
Sure, X/Y were completely new games with new system (3DS+3D view that "started" in Black/White iirc), but remakes sure are something, especially when it's 10-11 years later! I mean, the nostalgia comes back and it's very cool!

oh boy i feel like we invaded this thread
Justykanna

Ekoro wrote:

TFF related

Justykanna wrote:

I usually aim for Perfect Chain but i don't mind if i do a Bad. Sometimes i usually take from 1 try (All Critical) up to ~10 tries. I also had trouble with "The Decisive Battle"... but actually it was from FFV. The rhythm is kinda tricky and Great comes very fastly.
Speaking of tricky rhythm, i hate when Judgement activates in a part where it's hard to play, like when there is a lot of notes (that red spam in Battle Theme 2 in FFII) or when the rhythm is... tricky (mostly FFX-2 songs, i find them annoying to play hehe)

Justykanna wrote:

J-E-N-O-V-A's AC version has a lot of red notes, and well, it becomes hard "only" in Online Battle, for example when there is Random Speed or Wave Speed. Glad that i know the map enough to play it naturally. XD
The Slide Triggers are hard when they are in a row, i usually slide and pray for not doing a Bad (actually i'm doing a Bad like... 20% of time, it depends)

Justykanna wrote:

Lux Concordia has a very silent song with chorus, maybe that's why it's hard to do a good score on it. I'm not really playing EMS though, so i can't really tell. Even if the videos are epic! (actually too much, i usually look at them instead of playing)

unrelated

Justykanna wrote:

I don't really know how to play SSB, i barely hit what i see and spam A and arrow =w=
Sure, X/Y were completely new games with new system (3DS+3D view that "started" in Black/White iirc), but remakes sure are something, especially when it's 10-11 years later! I mean, the nostalgia comes back and it's very cool!

oh boy i feel like we invaded this thread
Completely forgot to reply.

Theatrhythm
I'm lucky if I get a full critical in 10 tries. xD
Oh right, the FFV one. I haven't tried that particular song a whole lot but the one I was referring to is from VI and is my favourite song on this game aside the EMS Medley.
They're all annoying. =D

Yes, slide notes in a row. Definitely! Zero time to think and yeah... you put it best... pray and hope all goes well! xD

This is true of Lux. It's 'really' hard to play the EMS without watching the video, I agree. It's kinda funny. You just gotta go with the grove. =D

Not sure if you're as big a fan of the Special Arrange Medley as me, but I couldn't find a copy of an audio file of it anywhere, so I made one. You want one?

Other
It's a hard game to get used to if you're new to it yeah. Especially if you haven't played since the beginning when air/ground-dodging, front-B and up/down-throws didn't exist.
Eh, I'm not the biggest nostalgia person but who am I to speak when we're busy freaking over how good this game (Curtain Call) is, which carries buttloads of it. xD
Anyways, I've pre-ordered Omega from EB so all I need to do is wait! =D

I'm okay with invading this thread... =)