forum

osu! idol (Final Round - Complete!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Flanster

shahlalalalala wrote:

Also I think I may have placed the highest if I submitted this cover tbh http://puu.sh/bFBCX/44947b3b8e.mp3
Ouch, my right ear.
Nepeta Leijon

LoliFlan wrote:

shahlalalalala wrote:

Also I think I may have placed the highest if I submitted this cover tbh http://puu.sh/bFBCX/44947b3b8e.mp3
Ouch, my right ear.
I am so sorry
Hard
I hope I'll make it to next round. I got 6.x points from each judge and now I'll need 4.3 from charles or sth like that to pass. I hope I will pass, cause I got a huge cold last time and couldn't sing that stuff properly and next time I'll be in better shape and do good stuff.

I wanted to use a cover I made before but that's with an echo I used so it's not valid. Well I think I'll make it so everything will work fine. But I still wanna show the one I could have used if it wouldn't have been for that silly echo stuff...

So if someone wants to listen to it go ahead. Or ignore it. But I just wanted to show this to someone. Sorry...

I mean this song. This text is a link and you can click it.
Flanster

Hard wrote:

I hope I'll make it to next round. I got 6.x points from each judge and now I'll need 4.3 from charles or sth like that to pass. I hope I will pass, cause I got a huge cold last time and couldn't sing that stuff properly and next time I'll be in better shape and do good stuff.

I wanted to use a cover I made before but that's with an echo I used so it's not valid. Well I think I'll make it so everything will work fine. But I still wanna show the one I could have used if it wouldn't have been for that silly echo stuff...

So if someone wants to listen to it go ahead. Or ignore it. But I just wanted to show this to someone. Sorry...

I mean this song. This text is a link and you can click it.
The echo aside, this would've been much better for your entry. Good luck!
Hard
Thank you LoliFlan.
Kitokofox
Now we gotta wait for Charles445 to judge like the dickens..

Charles..
CHARLES...
CHARLES WHERE ARE YOU!!
:(
Alwaniputri5
Sign me up :D
LightDreamer

Alwaniputri5 wrote:

You're a bit... Too late...
VirusZeke

Alwaniputri5 wrote:

you should sign up 3 weeks ago~ the contest already started 2 weeks ago :DDD sorry bruh you kenot enter~
Bardiche_Z
Pretty nervous for charles's score ;_; coz I can be DQ'ed from this round if he gives me a bad score oTL
CoolshadowFNG

Bardiche_Z wrote:

Pretty nervous for charles's score ;_; coz I can be DQ'ed from this round if he gives me a bad score oTL
Let's hope you get a good enough score, then. ^___^

I'm nervous for his score because I'd like to be in the top 5, but it's looking unlikely, now that I've slipped into 6th. u.u
Nepeta Leijon

CoolshadowFNG wrote:

Bardiche_Z wrote:

Let's hope you get a good enough score, then. ^___^

I'm nervous for his score because I'd like to be in the top 5, but it's looking unlikely, now that I've slipped into 6th. u.u
I hope I'm in at least the top 10, tbh.
CoolshadowFNG

shahlalalalala wrote:

I hope I'm in at least the top 10, tbh.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. Your singing was good, and the scores reflect that. ^___^
Hard

Bardiche_Z wrote:

you already got 30 points so i think you're in.

But I am shivering. I want to make it to next round. And then into the round after this. I wanna be in this thing as long as I can, cause it's so fun. I need a 4.6 to do so.. Good luck for you all!
Sharlo

ShanaYuuki013 wrote:

Listened to Sharlo's entry... my gosh, so pro!! >___< my fave entry for this stage <3 *waves glow stick*
Thank you!!
Nepeta Leijon

CoolshadowFNG wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Your singing was good, and the scores reflect that. ^___^
Aah thank you!!
Tokufi
Just looked that the stage themes.. 3rd round be rock/metal.. *stares* *STARES* q.q If I do make it to 3rd round, that will be pretty interesting to sing..
Flanster
Just don't do similar entries like Nishi's. Theres plenty of good rock and metal songs to go around!
I never liked rock before but playing Guitar Hero turned it 180, so im lookin forward to that stage. As for metal, we'll see.
Hard

Nodachi wrote:

Just looked that the stage themes.. 3rd round be rock/metal.. *stares* *STARES* q.q If I do make it to 3rd round, that will be pretty interesting to sing..
Also totally into that if I make it. I am not that much of a pop person but I'll figure sth. out. And I still have to wait for charles result to get into next round. My throat is nearly healed. Can't wait to record again!
CoolshadowFNG
Urgh, pop. Even J-pop is going to be a pain to sing, because I just don't like the genre. But without it, my chances of singing rock/metal are gone.
birra
Is "j-pop" so required instead of any insert-country's-name-pop for the next stage? . - .
Welp.
Nepeta Leijon
I'm totally good to go with J-Pop, it's rock/metal that will screw me up. I'm not sure if I should sing in English, because my accent is disgusting. But I can't find any good Japanese rock/metal songs are easy to sing, or don't require harmonies. Maybe I'll do a Vocaloid rock song if I make it through. We'll see.
CoolshadowFNG

shahlalalalala wrote:

I'm totally good to go with J-Pop, it's rock/metal that will screw me up. I'm not sure if I should sing in English, because my accent is disgusting. But I can't find any good Japanese rock/metal songs are easy to sing, or don't require harmonies. Maybe I'll do a Vocaloid rock song if I make it through. We'll see.
Honestly, Vocaloid is looking like the way forward here. I guess I'll have to do a J-pop Vocaloid song, then I've got a tonne of J-rock/metal lined up if I get through.
birra
Imo it would be better if you just put "pop genre" or "rock genre" instead of [insert-country-here]-[music genre] regardless.
That wouldn't make people be so focused on Japan music. (I thought it had to be j-songs because of it until I listened to some other submissions. Welp haha)
CoolshadowFNG

sacchann wrote:

Imo it would be better if you just put "pop genre" or "rock genre" instead of [insert-country-here]-[music genre] regardless.
That wouldn't make people be so focused on Japan music. (I thought it had to be j-songs because of it until I listened to some other submissions. Welp haha)
Well, mine was originally a J-song. I just sang a fan-translated English version.

I'd like to think I can sing Japanese somewhat well. Somewhat. xD
Hard
I never tried singing Japanese but I think I'll try for next round. I just don't really know what j-pop really is. Is it really just japanese pop-music? And I don't know when pop starts and it becomes rock. And is a pop ballad allowed?

Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ei2izPLpHc

Or is Kalafina still j-pop? And stuff... I am not that sure. Could we have a definition of j-pop? Or general of pop? Or should I just use the wikipedia one, which says that everything can be pop if you are brave enough.
CoolshadowFNG

Hard wrote:

I never tried singing Japanese but I think I'll try for next round. I just don't really know what j-pop really is. Is it really just japanese pop-music? And I don't know when pop starts and it becomes rock. And is a pop ballad allowed?

Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ei2izPLpHc

Or is Kalafina still j-pop? And stuff... I am not that sure. Could we have a definition of j-pop? Or general of pop? Or should I just use the wikipedia one, which says that everything can be pop if you are brave enough.
It's so difficult to separate the genres sometimes. Like, for one of my potential entries, it could be counted as J-pop (because of the singers), J-rock (because of the combined sound), or J-metal (because it's basically speed metal anyway to me).
Hard
J-pop (often stylized as J-POP; Japanese: ジェイポップ jeipoppu; an abbreviation for Japanese pop), natively also known simply as pops, is a musical genre that entered the musical mainstream of Japan in the 1990s. Modern J-pop has its roots in traditional Japanese music, but significantly in 1960s pop and rock music, such as The Beatles and The Beach Boys, which led to Japanese rock bands such as Happy End fusing rock with Japanese music in the early 1970s.[1] J-pop was further defined by new wave groups in the late 1970s, particularly electronic synthpop band Yellow Magic Orchestra and pop rock band Southern All Stars.[2] Eventually, J-pop replaced kayōkyoku ("Lyric Singing Music", a term for Japanese pop music from the 1920s to the 1980s) in the Japanese music scene.[3] The term was coined by the Japanese media to distinguish Japanese music from foreign music, and now refers to most Japanese popular music. The musical genre has been immensely influential in many other music styles, and hence those of neighboring regions, where the style has been copied by neighboring Asian regions, who have also borrowed the name to form their own musical identities.
This is from wikipedia. Does this work?
There's also a list of j-pop artists and even Yousei Teikoku are in it. So this is it then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-pop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J-pop_artists
CoolshadowFNG

Hard wrote:

J-pop (often stylized as J-POP; Japanese: ジェイポップ jeipoppu; an abbreviation for Japanese pop), natively also known simply as pops, is a musical genre that entered the musical mainstream of Japan in the 1990s. Modern J-pop has its roots in traditional Japanese music, but significantly in 1960s pop and rock music, such as The Beatles and The Beach Boys, which led to Japanese rock bands such as Happy End fusing rock with Japanese music in the early 1970s.[1] J-pop was further defined by new wave groups in the late 1970s, particularly electronic synthpop band Yellow Magic Orchestra and pop rock band Southern All Stars.[2] Eventually, J-pop replaced kayōkyoku ("Lyric Singing Music", a term for Japanese pop music from the 1920s to the 1980s) in the Japanese music scene.[3] The term was coined by the Japanese media to distinguish Japanese music from foreign music, and now refers to most Japanese popular music. The musical genre has been immensely influential in many other music styles, and hence those of neighboring regions, where the style has been copied by neighboring Asian regions, who have also borrowed the name to form their own musical identities.
This is from wikipedia. Does this work?
There's also a list of j-pop artists and even Yousei Teikoku are in it. So this is it then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-pop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J-pop_artists
I've basically narrowed it down to two choices anyway. I might have to use what I planned to be the other wildcard entry, which isn't actually that bad. Now it's just working out how well I can sing them, and when I can use my university's music booths to record them.
Topic Starter
ztrot
fan dubs will be accepted if you do not want to sing Japanese.
Piine
ztrot has spoken
CoolshadowFNG

ztrot wrote:

fan dubs will be accepted if you do not want to sing Japanese.
I would hope so! Tabi no Tochuu was fun to sing in English. ^__^
MissTitannia
Stage 2: jpop encouraged or normal pop

^ does this mean less points if we sing english pop? xD
And also, if we are not sure if a song fits in "Japanese Pop" category, when time comes, can we send the song to one of the judges so they can decide? :D
Topic Starter
ztrot
or normal ENGLISH POP, the reason for saying j-pop is encouraged is because this is osu! afterall :P

it will not affect your score in anyway as long as it is pop!
Marcin
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

You can view comments now on your scores.
Topic Starter
ztrot
we have 37 great contestants moving forward to our 2nd stage
LightDreamer
I saw LiSA in the J-pop artists list, but I don't know if Ichiban no Takaramono is considered as J-pop...

Can somebody answer me?
CoolshadowFNG
It's great to have the first round completed. I'm pumped for the next round now!

A shoutout for the 7 people who beat me:

Don't expect me to go easy next round, and congrats on such breathtaking performances.
Hard
I did it! I got into next round. So let's do the stuff with the singing again! I don't even want to win. I just want to get as far as possible for me
Nepeta Leijon
Yes! I'm in the top 10! At rank 9 haha.
show more