forum

Triples

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yunaited
Soooo. A few days ago I was playing a map with a triple and a normal note under the triple, and I always missed there. When I watched the replay I noticed that I click triples 4 times instead of 3, so I was clicking the normal note way too early. I click ZXZX on triples. Even when I pay attention and really try hard not to hit them 4 times, I still hit them 4 ZXZX. You guys think this will affect my gameplay later on when I get a higher rank? Or doesn't it make any difference later on. At this moment i'm rank 23k.
Ichi

Yunaited wrote:

Soooo. A few days ago I was playing a map with a triple and a normal note under the triple, and I always missed there. When I watched the replay I noticed that I click triples 4 times instead of 3, so I was clicking the normal note way too early. I click ZXZX on triples. Even when I pay attention and really try hard not to hit them 4 times, I still hit them 4 ZXZX. You guys think this will affect my gameplay later on when I get a higher rank? Or doesn't it make any difference later on. At this moment i'm rank 23k.
It won´t be a problem because with practice it will go away, it´s just timing and listening to the beat, maybe try and relate your tapping motions to the beat and so maybe you´ll start hitting triples with 3 taps, its a matter of practice really.
nooblet
Yes it will matter. Wtf.

Hitting extra notes will murder you later, because there are often 1/2 beat breaks with notes directly under each other in Insanes. Hit an extra note = break combo, and it will frustrate the hell out of you, so get rid of this habit asap.

It's also widely known as MASHINGGGGGGGGG
Noobsicle
damn i wish i had the ability to hit quads like that
it's just so much easier landing on the initiating finger (zxz) for most people cause it's more natural (ithinkidkwhatimsaying)

anyway just force yourself to stop at the Z, it'll take some practicing to get used to
Topic Starter
Yunaited
I just noticed that it becomes easier when I use my index finger as main finger. Then i'm doing xzx most of the time. Still feels really weird atm, but I'll just practice and use my index finger as main finger instead of my middle finger.
GoldenWolf
Make a galop motion/sound in your head, it should help you learn triples
iderekmc

GoldenWolf wrote:

lol
xD
its true
Zare

GoldenWolf wrote:

but it's wrong
triples aren't groups of three, they're two plus one
musically, that's a difference because after pressing the first two circles the rhythm "resets"
GoldenWolf

Zare wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

but it's wrong
musically, that's a difference because after pressing the first two circles the rhythm "resets"
I know they're two plus one, don't get me wrong.

I said to "learn triples" as in, learning how to do triples, it's easier to learn them with the galop method, then breaking it down to 2+1 when you get a solid base
Mythras
go play bad baws
Gumpy
Practice is a good way to get better.
Akali

Zare wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

but it's wrong
But that's what gallop rhythm is, right. Whole Iron Maiden career was based on that.
PlasticSmoothie
I did that too for the longest time. The way I fixed it was by doing triplets in breaks, just casually going zxz xzx zxz xzx to the song until I didn't automatically do zxzx every time I met a triplet in an beatmap.

...But then quadruplets started being difficult instead. ):
iWhorse
totekingsg1
I´m having this problem since i started playing 3+ stars song. I do 4 clicks at absolutely any triple, and i do 3 clicks on every single double. Still stuck.