forum

Chat moderation [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Wojjan
In my time in osu!, I have seen the number of people increase greatly, and sadly, with that the number of spammers grew too. The BATs are clearly tired of having to silence and kill everyone. To combat this tedious process...
Intrrrroducing:
The Chat Approval Team!
The CATs' work consists of monitoring peoples' behaviour on chat, and either approving or disapproving what they intend to say. It takes another huge load off the BATs' back, ensuring they can focus on getting the protobubbles bubbled/popped. It also gives the CATs a start to see what is acceptable in chat, and learning then how to act once they promote to BATs.
This is you. This is what you are creating.
Gabi
i am gonna have to say no. i do not agree with giving people power. the BATs we have now is enough IMO. and in the absolute worst case, i would say if anyone should be next in line to get a tiny bit of power it should be 1 or max 2 trusted MATs.
Doomsday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Beuchi
I think this would be cool for #language channels which don't have a BAT member who actually knows that language (*cough*#spanish*cough*)...
RemmyX25
Stop trying to get power, wojjie.
Ephemeral
The levels of satire in the OP are sufficient enough to kill a small stock of cattle.
Skyripper
Not needed!... Although, the name CAT is sweet

This is why Bancho autosilences.

++ you can report if necessary?
Lesjuh
SUPPORT OMG YES CATs CHAT APPROVAL TEAM OMG YES
Derekku
Support iff they will clover my beatmaps~

mtmcl wrote:

I wonder how long before we'll have all the Lucky Charms marshmallows as modding icons.

"I can't horseshoe your map until it is first clovered by a CAT."
DeathxShinigami
This is dumb seriously, if there's a problem get connections to a BAT...Isn't that what people do anyways?

Edit: I rather get more #foreign users that are up for moderating some channels like getting a japanese user for #japanese.
Shohei Ohtani
Gens for #spanish CATMAT y/n.
Gens
hey you
Mismagius
[sorry for my bad grammar x_x]

#portuguese doesn't have a BAT that actually talks portuguese, and there are a lot of spammers and no BAT to silence... 0.5 support.
awp
yeah the only problem I see is that some foreign languages don't have any moderation at all
Beuchi

Blue Dragon wrote:

#portuguese doesn't have a BAT that actually talks portuguese, and there are a lot of spammers and no BAT to silence... 0.5 support.
Same for #spanish, there's a lot of spammers but no BAT who talks spanish =(

Also I think it would maybe give BATs less things to keep an eye on... :<
anonymous_old

awp wrote:

yeah the only problem I see is that some foreign languages don't have any moderation at all
It's better that way.

=]
Skyripper
Well we have members who moderate each specific language forum.

I don't see a huge problem with adding a few select members to have moderation rights for their respective language channels only.
Jeffro

strager wrote:

awp wrote:

It's better that way.

=]
Agreed. Some channels are just too awesome to moderate (Even though we still need an own forum -,-)
Topic Starter
Wojjan
The OP was in massive sarcasm quotes.
You should just know.
nooodl_old

SPOILER
(God, you people are bad at sarcasm.)
Remco32
Giving some people ops @ #language chans might be a good idea..
mekadon_old
I might disagree on it. However, most in the chat I see people didn't use the #language function.
So maybe moderation in #language is sufficient enough since some BATs don't speak that certain language.
Jeffro
We always use our #dutch lol its pretty popular just like our dutch THREAD :P
Remco32

mekadon95 wrote:

I might disagree on it. However, most in the chat I see people didn't use the #language function.
So maybe moderation in #language is sufficient enough since some BATs don't speak that certain language.
I think it's save to say that #dutch is used al lot, maybe the most of all the #languages
anonymous_old
#french is used quite a bit, and there are no moderators there.
Lilac
Half-ops.

I got to read into that. But I think they can't do IP bans. Just kicks.
DeletedUser_151115
a
Beuchi
No one can talk for a while because just a spammer? That's a too extreme solution e_e

I've only seen peppy doing this on #osu channel, btw, and there were cases whith a lot of unrelated random things, extreme too xD

Bump, maybe? xD
Neo Adonis
Because BAT is modding #osu always, CAT is not something that should be implemented.

However, assign a few chat mods on each #language channel it's a good idea, because those areas aren't vigiled by BAT's.
Beuchi
Bumping...

Come on, this is a very serious problem :/

We really need channel specific moderators, specially for #language channels, it becomes impossible to talk when something like this is happening:

SPOILER
[2010-03-05 04:37:01] * Katiiuzqa|osu (osu@190.153.65.243) joins #spanish
[2010-03-05 04:37:05] AiLuvZhoko: mitad mitad una ninia m dice k soi riko
[2010-03-05 04:37:06] AiLuvZhoko: xD
[2010-03-05 04:37:08] NekoHazuki: HOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
[2010-03-05 04:37:11] AiLuvZhoko: aoishdaoishdasdhiasd
[2010-03-05 04:37:12] NekoHazuki: :3
[2010-03-05 04:37:16] AiLuvZhoko: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[2010-03-05 04:37:20] j35u5891221: entren a la sala "siganme los buenos"
[2010-03-05 04:37:20] NekoHazuki: OMFG MOZTROOOO
[2010-03-05 04:37:21] NekoHazuki: ERES RICO?
[2010-03-05 04:37:22] NekoHazuki: ;O
[2010-03-05 04:37:24] AiLuvZhoko: sih
[2010-03-05 04:37:24] NekoHazuki: DAME MONEY
[2010-03-05 04:37:24] AiLuvZhoko: mira
[2010-03-05 04:37:25] NekoHazuki: D:
[2010-03-05 04:37:26] AiLuvZhoko: pruebame <3
[2010-03-05 04:37:26] NekoHazuki: T^T

And yeah, we know there are BATs and we can call them and telling them the problem, but the main problem is that most of the times they need us to translate what they're saying, and in my honest opinion this is unnecesary.

So... please, listen to us, we need help u.u
peppy
How often does this happen?
Beuchi

peppy wrote:

Actually... almost everyday :/

There are times it becomes really annoying (like those all random moments on #osu or that chatlog) and there are times it's just someone who's just bored, but yeah, this happens so often unfortunately :(

I've been saving chatlogs of those kind of things so if you want I can post a few more here o.O
Remco32
Man, that stuff happens in all the language chans, no biggie.
I don't see how some lines in caps are troublesome
Neo Adonis

Remco32 wrote:

Man, that stuff happens in all the language chans, no biggie.
I don't see how some lines in caps are troublesome
Some lines?! XD

You should see what sometimes happen on the channels. In fact, yesterday we have a big spam problem on #spanish. This is really serious. We need chat modders at least on all the channels but #osu and #lobby maybe, and who speak the corresponding languages.

Beuchi-chan wrote:

I've been saving chatlogs of those kind of things so if you want I can post a few more here o.O
Do you think they're gonna fit on this post? XD
Repflez

Neo Adonis wrote:

You should see what sometimes happen on the channels.
I don't know what happens in another channels, but currently #spanish is the one that concerns me.

Neo Adonis wrote:

In fact, yesterday we have a big spam problem on #spanish.
Big??? There are not words to describe what happened yesterday, even the spammers went to #skandinavian to continue with their spam.

Neo Adonis wrote:

This is really serious.
I'll take that as critical.
Sir Minelli

Beuchi-chan wrote:

peppy wrote:

Actually... almost everyday :/

Yes.

Countless times I have entered the spanish chat just to see what's happening, and there is spam all over the place.
Insults included.

Beuchi-chan can confirm this, she is there 24/7

I believe that assigning a moderator or two for every specific channel wouldn't hurt.

No need to create a particular team for this in my opinion.
peppy
Bancho does not support such behaviour, and I a lot would need to be changed to give such moderators limited permissions. I don't see this as a high priority. Call a BAT member if something bad is going on - there is 95% someone around.