forum

Big EBA fan, having a hard time getting into osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Verizian
So, I'm a big fan of Elite Beat Agents and many other similar rhythm games, I like tapping along to beats and I generally enjoy the fun of syncing up rhythm and movement. I've been playing osu! for a bit but I'm not really getting into it. First of all, there seems to be a lot of electro/anime music that's really fast and up-tempo. It just doesn't feel fun to navigate through. Also, for some reason there's a referee whistle sound effect. It's remarkably annoying, and I had to stop playing at several points. Either way, I love the concept and it seems like there's a big, if not intimidating content library and a massive community. Can you recommend some tracks I should play in the vein of the Elite Beat Agent versions of

Makes No Difference
September
Jumping Jack Flash

Basically stuff with catchy drum beats, groovy bits, clapping and the like (nothing too insane). I've googled and checked forums, but most users are veterans and as such recommend insane tracks with astronomical bpm that I can't get into. I'd appreciate any ideas. And please, no whistles :)