forum

Lord of the circles, the two keyboards.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
enap
Despite the dramatic subject title I got a rather simple question.

I currently use 2 different keyboards for simple reasons but i cant figure out which one to use as the primary. When i use my mechanical keyboard (MX blues) i have difficulties in singletapping long sections or just for extended periods of time and my stream stamina pretty much instantly runs out but accuracy is really good.
And then when i use my Microsoft sidewinder which isnt mechanical i can stream very very easy and singletap for days BUT my accuracy instantly gets completely awful as seen here for just an example "sakuzyo feat. Hatsune Miku - ChaiN De/structioN [Loneliness] (90.33%)" 5-6misses and over 100+ hits being 100pointers

help me decide, would be nice to have people experienced with the MX blues to share some thoughts
Martell_old_1
Kerrigan sucks
winber1
if your accuracy goes to shit it usually means you aren't used to the keyboard or your accuracy is shit to begin with. Mechanical keyboards will generally have a faster more responsive feel to them, and they feel different to begin with, and this fraction of second difference can be felt and will be noticed when you play osu! You can change your universal offset if you really want to, or you can just get used to the feeling. I don't understand how you have less stamina with the mechanical keys though. You're probably doing something wrong. Even with that extra force require for the clicking, it should not require more force than what I assume the sidewinder is made out of (rubber dome). If it's like some other random key like topre for some reason then idk.

Mechanical keys are generally better so I would use that. However, reds are master race.
Topic Starter
enap

winber1 wrote:

if your accuracy goes to shit it usually means you aren't used to the keyboard or your accuracy is shit to begin with. Mechanical keyboards will generally have a faster more responsive feel to them, and they feel different to begin with, and this fraction of second difference can be felt and will be noticed when you play osu! You can change your universal offset if you really want to, or you can just get used to the feeling. I don't understand how you have less stamina with the mechanical keys though. You're probably doing something wrong. Even with that extra force require for the clicking, it should not require more force than what I assume the sidewinder is made out of (rubber dome). If it's like some other random key like topre for some reason then idk.

Mechanical keys are generally better so I would use that. However, reds are master race.
well i am used to this keyboard, been using it for 4year+ and ive tried using the universal offset and it does help.
And reason for less stamina with mechanical is because of the required pressure to hit registry point (~45grams of force) while the sidewinder one needs like nothing at all.
Guess i'll need to do some h4rdc0r3 fingertraining to get the mechanical stream stamina
Loves
I have both Cherry MX Blue and Reds. I'd suggest using the mechanical for obvious reasons but maybe you should invest in red switches... or you could always just train with blues. Plenty of people play on blues and blacks, which are even heavier so...
DeletedUser_3905941

Loves wrote:

I have both Cherry MX Blue and Reds. I'd suggest using the mechanical for obvious reasons but maybe you should invest in red switches... or you could always just train with blues. Plenty of people play on blues and blacks, which are even heavier so...
uhh

Basically what he's saying is get whatever you want.
Loves

RedPanda wrote:

Loves wrote:

uhh

Basically what he's saying is get whatever you want.
No, i'm actually saying use the mech over the rubber dome.

:P
DeletedUser_3905941

Loves wrote:

No, i'm actually saying use the mech over the rubber dome.

:P
switch wise
Topic Starter
enap
been playing around more and trying to analyze problems i have and one thing ive noticed is that whenever for example there are faster jumps in a song i miss almost everytime in those when im using the MX blue keyboard and when im using my other one i hit everything twice as often.

I might be able to try out MX reds if i can borrow it from a friends one who changed to blues to see if there is any major difference in the problems im having
Bauxe

enaporp wrote:

been playing around more and trying to analyze problems i have and one thing ive noticed is that whenever for example there are faster jumps in a song i miss almost everytime in those when im using the MX blue keyboard and when im using my other one i hit everything twice as often.

I might be able to try out MX reds if i can borrow it from a friends one who changed to blues to see if there is any major difference in the problems im having
Reds won't magically give you 100% accuracy. You aren't used to the keys. Instead of expecting to instantly be able to use them 100% perfectly, play with them for a while. And stop switching, thats going to ruin any efforts you make.
Furasaki
Mechanical keyboards master race. I still use a membrane keyboard since it looks swish as all hell though.