forum

In need of guidance

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sayonara_sekai
So I've been training hard at osu for the past 2 weeks and moved from getting A's in 2.8-3.3 star maps into being able to clear maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/250577&m=0# with 90%+ acc (with 5-10 misses which is awful) and being able to clear low 4star AR9 maps.

The problem is I feel like im running on pure reaction while playing these hard maps and its easy to see when I go back to easier 3.3-3.9 star maps where I cant do jack shit unless I'm really familiar with the song.
In theory I should be able to FC or at least 95+% acc 3.5 star maps right? I've been playing really slow (ar 7) maps this morning because I feel like my reading, rhythm and acc is a joke on most maps.

The question is am I wasting my time trying to play easier maps and building my reading/acc back up from scratch? Should I just keep pushing myself even though I can only combo like 20% of most 3.9-4.2 star maps?

this is what me playing a 4 star map looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBcRoTwgKkE&
tfg50
Playing ar7/8 is deemed a useless skill by lots of people and I know lots of people that play based 100% on reaction and can "play" very hard maps on ar10+ (but they can't read ar=9 correctly).

That being said, I wouldn't say playing easier maps to train is a waste of time for acc/reading but that might be just because I have a disease need for better acc in my mind (the reason my speed is kinda shitty might be that though).
deletemyaccount
ar9 4 stars are harder for you because you've spent the bulk of your time playing ar7/8.

Just practice more ar9 maps and eventually something will click and you will see improvement.

In terms of playing lower ar being a waste of time, I wouldn't say so unless you plan on doing DT/ar9.6+
buny
Play more and the approach circles will gradually be a faster thought process, and you'll be less overwhelmed by higher/faster bpm
Topic Starter
sayonara_sekai
aight I'll keep at what I'm doing and hope my acc will get there some day.

One specific thing that wrecks me every single time is singles stacked on back-forth sliders/singles between sliders followed by more sliders as so: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/112700&m=0

my brain becomes a jumbled mess the instant I see that in a map. I try to practice them but not really showing any improvement. Those parts mostly devolve into me mashing zxzxzxzx and hoping I dont break sliders.
Mystrian_old
Play maps with Hidden. AR won't matter THAT much.

Oh right reaction time. Well forget wats here then
Martell_old_1

Mystrian wrote:

Play maps with Hidden. AR won't matter THAT much.

Oh right reaction time. Well forget wats here then
Don't play maps with Hidden unless you need it to get ranks and you're high ranked already(like, top 1k?)
U fucking wot i dont even
Vuelo Eluko
hidden isnt for ranks its for score lol
minus the negligible aim bonus
Martell_old_1

Riince wrote:

hidden isnt for ranks its for score lol
minus the negligible aim bonus
High score = High ranks, like top 50
I meant ranks like top50 on map and stuff