forum

how add Guest diffs to a submitted beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlueStarYoshi
i want to add new diffs(Guest Diffs) to my map
but in the prosses of upload the beatmap it says this

like it was a new beatmap

is this normal?

Extra note: my friend added a new background different from the other diffs

blissfulyoshi
Okay, I could go through checking fields in the .OSU file, but let's try a simpler way.

Create a new difficulty with the same settings as your friend's and then copy and paste all of your friend's hit objects into this new map.
lolcubes
"BeatmapsetID:<numbers>"

^ needs to be the same in all of the .osu files.
xxdeathx
to add on to what he said above, open the new difficulty's .osu file and replace
BeatmapID:0
BeatmapSetID:-1
with the actual numbers from your own difficulty.
Mao
I had trouble with this several times as wel and it didn't work by changing the ID so I've found out about a really simple trick:
Click the "Upload as new Beatmap" button but then cancel as fast as possible. Afterwards when you try uploading again it says Update to latest version and you can update normal (maybe you have to relog before that). This is what always helped me out o/
Perdzoch

Mao wrote:

I had trouble with this several times as wel and it didn't work by changing the ID so I've found out about a really simple trick:
Click the "Upload as new Beatmap" button but then cancel as fast as possible. Afterwards when you try uploading again it says Update to latest version and you can update normal (maybe you have to relog before that). This is what always helped me out o/
Would this work for when you change the name of a difficulty or is there some other trick to it?

Nvm, I managed to find a way on my own.