forum

[Archived] LAg over time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cocoboom91
Problem Details: over the course of a couple of month my little 1gb hp note book cannot run osu! at a nice 60 fps i always ran on minuim setting is there any way to run osu at a vary sniith 60 fps still ? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140721.1 (latest)
drum drum
There is a thread similar to this but with a more complicated problem: /t/226799/

The game's performance is choppy.
This might simply be a result of low machine specs. Go into options and enable the FPS counter. If it's a value below 60 and the frame limiter is off, your graphics card might not be powerful enough to handle the game. Also check that other 3d apps in the background aren't eating up some of your precious graphics performance. If this is not enough, try checking the Low End PC option. DO NOT try switching to OpenGL to improve performance! At present, osu!'s OpenGL engine is neither as optimized nor as feature-rich as the Direct3D renderer. It is there for compatability reasons.
TheVileOne
1GB anything is quite low. Your equipment doesn't sound very capable of running VRAM intensive things smoothly.
Dexus
What are the vram requirements for osu! anyways? In fact what are the general recommended requirements for the game? I know people say you can play osu! on a toaster, but it doesn't really run smoothly.

I suggest you don't play on a cheap netbook, here's a recommendation if you can get it: http://amzn.com/B00K2U3CHG (It would be better if you could build a cheap desktop instead, but I don't know what your preference is.)
KinkiN
RAM is not the only things that count. 2GB and can run 1.5k here

use RAM Booster. that's what i use back then to increase performance. also close programs you don't need
Dexus
They were talking about vram, which is what your graphics card uses when dealing with textures and images. 2d games require a lot of vram usually (because everything should be stored to be called quickly, otherwise read/writing everything would make the game painfully slow/laggy/delayed...oh)
Pannari
Can you post your PC specs?
KinkiN

Dexus wrote:

What are the vram requirements for osu! anyways? In fact what are the general recommended requirements for the game? I know people say you can play osu! on a toaster, but it doesn't really run smoothly.

I suggest you don't play on a cheap netbook, here's a recommendation if you can get it: http://amzn.com/B00K2U3CHG (It would be better if you could build a cheap desktop instead, but I don't know what your preference is.)
oh vram. OP wasn't mentioning anything about VGA as i read

i think it wouldn't affect much, if the VGA itself have high specs. 1GB is already enough when you got GeForce 700 series. but idk what VGA did the OP use. my friend use ATi old series with 512MB VRAM and still running osu! at 200-300 fps, so it's not a problem

then again, yes. OP should post full spec