forum

Live score comparison when playing solo mode [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ashchaos
When playing solo mode on Osu! standard, Taiko or Catch The Beat, you would naturally want rank #1 on the song or difficulty your playing but sometimes it's difficult to predict whether your going to get #1 on the song because of different combos, accuracy or spinners.

That's why I'm posting a request here about a 'Live score comparison' with a completed record for solo mode.

The idea is similar to the live multiplayer scoreboard. It shows the score of the player you're comparing to at the exact same point you are. This means at each break you are able to tell who has a higher score at that point. (very similar to multiplayer)

You are able to compare live scores to anyone in the top 40 so it can be the #1 person on that song, your friend that's somewhere in the top 40 or even the #40 on that song so you get on the scoreboard. Maybe we could even compare more than one person at a time.

This would help greatly on CTB as it's usually a spinner battle so you would be able to compare who caught more spinner fruit on that particular spinner.
K2J
This would require downloading quite a few replays before the map, yes? I could see this happening for, say, the top 5, but not the whole list of 40.
Gemi

K2J wrote:

This would require downloading quite a few replays before the map, yes? I could see this happening for, say, the top 5, but not the whole list of 40.
Not really. If I understood correctly he would want for the player to select beforehand which replay they are competing against, so only one replay needs to be downloaded.

That being said, a ghosting mode has been suggested many many times, and is probably on the todo list sometime in the far future.
RemmyX25
That and wouldnt it put a strain on the server a tad, trying to dig up players previous scores from each exact moments?
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Ashchaos

Gemi wrote:

K2J wrote:

Not really. If I understood correctly he would want for the player to select beforehand which replay they are competing against, so only one replay needs to be downloaded.

That being said, a ghosting mode has been suggested many many times, and is probably on the todo list sometime in the far future.
Yes, as Gemi said, you select the score you want compared beforehand.

Also, I wasn't really intending this 'Live score comparison' idea to have a ghosting mode. I would much rather just have a live scoreboard similar to multiplayer because I wouldn't want the downloading of replays being too long and putting extra strain on the servers.

strager wrote:

This sounds like a good idea, but only for breaks. I don't see much of a use elsewhere. Maybe I don't play easy maps enough.
I was thinking about only for breaks but if there was a spinner and no other breaks afterward, the player wouldn't know who has the higher score at that particular time. This could also happen with the accuracy affecting the score at the time so live score would be better.

The idea has alot to do with the fact that in CTB mode, it is considerably easier to FC and SS than Osu! standard and Taiko. When you get to the point where every song is fairly easy to FC, it all comes down to who caught the most fruit spinners.
anonymous_old

Ashchaos wrote:

When you get to the point where every song is fairly easy to FC, it all comes down to who caught the most fruit spinners.
So concentrate on them fruit!
Derekku
Duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6301 , viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11114 , and numerous others.