forum

Masayoshi Minoshima - Last Remote

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on January-20-10 at 5:30:34 PM

Artist: Masayoshi Minoshima
Title: Last Remote
Source: Touhou Subterranean Animism
Tags: Trois Noir Ayumi Nomiya Chireiden Alstroemeria Records
BPM: 87.5
Filesize: 3857kb
Play Time: 02:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.72 stars, 349 notes)
  2. Insane (4.94 stars, 437 notes)
  3. Normal (3.51 stars, 164 notes)
Download: Masayoshi Minoshima - Last Remote
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Album: Trois Noir
Original song: Last Remote (extra stage theme from Touhou Chireiden ~東方地霊殿~ Subterranean Animism)
Arranged by: Masayoshi Minoshima
Published by: Alstroemeria Records
Vocal: Ayumi Nomiya

Hard and Insane are actually mapped at 175BPM~
Azure_Kite
Here's my mod

Blue = Suggestion Red = Check this

[Normal]
02:03:565 (1) - Maybe consider making the spinner end a normal finish?
Very nice map :D

[Hard]
No problems found

[Insane]
No problems found

Very nice beatmap! There isn't anything I can see really wrong. Excellent Job, so have a star
Mianki
Didn't found any probs, but there's no kiai.
Nice song and map ^^
Star~
Teara
[Timing]

First offset I get 30-40 early.

Second offset and on I get 0-1ms early

Have a look at first offset please

[Normal]

Hitsound suggestions in IRC~

[Hard]

01:21:737 (7) - touches hp bar :<

[Insane]

Perfect!
Gens
[General]
  1. You have a unused .osb file inside the folder.
  2. What is the second offset for? I think it would be fine without it. Also, the first offset should be 159~
[Normal]
  1. The first offset is not the same as the other difficulties (by 1ms).
The map is very nice, just those little things above.
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Gens wrote:

[General]
  1. You have a unused .osb file inside the folder. oops
  2. What is the second offset for? I think it would be fine without it. Also, the first offset should be 159~ >_< I don't agree atm (about the second offset not being needed), but maybe
[Normal]
  1. The first offset is not the same as the other difficulties (by 1ms).
D'oh

The map is very nice, just those little things above. ^^
I'll just wait for "timing experts" to check then >:
Shinde
Add kiai, or a SB/video. If you can find something that fits that is. It seems to be lacking something visually, least to me.

Everything else was spiffy. I was going to suggest turning HP Drain down one on Insane but it'd mess with the score considerably.
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Shinde wrote:

Add kiai, or a SB/video. If you can find something that fits that is. It seems to be lacking something visually, least to me. theres no exact point where I wanted to added kiai (since the whole map sped up when i used the 2x point). I found this song via searching for albums, so I don't think there's a video for this, and can't think of an SB that's worth it ;_; so, I can't find something that fits

Everything else was spiffy. I was going to suggest turning HP Drain down one on Insane but it'd mess with the score considerably."Spiffy" ? o-o, and I don't mind the drain on Insane (its easy to recover once you pass the slow start)
visual...visual... >: I'm a simpleton when it comes to that, so, right now, there's no eye candy :< not that there will be..
Zekira
This was so annoyingly confusing to time, so I just timed from scratch.

First offset: 145ms, 87.50, 3/4 time signature
Second Offset: 49516ms, 87.50, 4/4 time signature

...honestly, low BPMs are kind of making me cringe, why not use 175 instead? :|
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Zekira wrote:

This was so annoyingly confusing to time, so I just timed from scratch. Eh.. :?

First offset: 145ms, 87.50, 3/4 time signature ok?
Second Offset: 49516ms, 87.50, 4/4 time signature Over here? Fine..

...honestly, low BPMs are kind of making me cringe, why not use 175 instead? :| >: doesn't matter too much for me...
mmmmmm I'll use that timing for now, but I'll just post my old timing here for self reminder

BPM 87.5 offset 8,387
BPM 87.5 offset 29,280 (I still feel starting the second offset around here would be better... but what do I know :3)
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zekira
First offset: Seems kinda early; Try 160.
FFFFFFFFFF lol this first offset is still annoying me at the moment... hahaha
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Dusty
[Normal]
This feels so slow compared to Hard. But it's the lowest difficulty, I guess that's OK.

00:26:897 (4,5) - Surround the beat a little nicer? (I had to turn grid snap off and move top/bottom sliderpoints a couple osunits up/down)
(Right now the overlapping and lopsidedness make it ugly :()

02:02:201 (3) - Right and up?

[Hard]
Good beatmap.

Some of the overlapping notes felt weird, but most of them I managed to hit without combobreaking

[Lunatic]
01:57:058 (6,1,2) - weird stacking
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Dusty wrote:

[Normal]
This feels so slow compared to Hard. But it's the lowest difficulty, I guess that's OK.

00:26:897 (4,5) - Surround the beat a little nicer? (I had to turn grid snap off and move top/bottom sliderpoints a couple osunits up/down)
(Right now the overlapping and lopsidedness make it ugly :() XD okay, got it close

02:02:201 (3) - Right and up? hmmmm agreed

[Hard]
Good beatmap.

Some of the overlapping notes felt weird, but most of them I managed to hit without combobreaking :)

[Lunatic]
01:57:058 (6,1,2) - weird stacking Don't wanna move any notes, so atm, no solution, oh well >_<
alvisto
Hello Shinxyn, sorry for the late mod. T.T

NORMAL
Don't you think the OA is too low ? Increase by 1 ? xD

HARD
01:47:630 (2) - This make me cry... D: xD Coz to me, imho, it's kinda hard to read.
I like where you suddenly make the pace faster after the initial slow BPM parts. xD

INSANE Mommy~~~~ OMG jumps xD *orz* (learn from your mod post in yoshi's map ;p)
01:51:401 (3,4) - Can you please be don't so cruel ? lol, coz I thought 3 and 4 are connected with a slider. ._.
02:21:401 (1) - Map design is nice, but comboburst obscuring it make it kinda hard to expect there's something here.

Actually these are not issues I think, by playing through the map several jumps and memorizing them, they are fine.

BTW, I love the jumps, even though I can't pass it. ._.

xD

Star for sure, as always, good and fun map. ^.^

P.S. : Actually I don't quite agree with the 1st offset, I feel it's around 143 ms, but I don't have confidence in my timing anymore.... Hrmm....

EDIT : I just realized Zekira also posted 145 ms. xD *which make me happy a little orz*
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

alvisto wrote:

Hello Shinxyn, sorry for the late mod. T.T

NORMAL
Don't you think the OA is too low ? Increase by 1 ? xD OA? Overall Accuracy? (Difficulty), mmm I'll keep it as it is since this is the easier diff..

HARD
01:47:630 (2) - This make me cry... D: xD Coz to me, imho, it's kinda hard to read. mmm, I really don't wanna move these... and making this a new combo wouldn't make sense to the combo patterns I'm following... so.. I just tried making (1) a wave slider... not that I think it makes too much of a difference (didn't wanna turn it up or down)
I like where you suddenly make the pace faster after the initial slow BPM parts. xD

INSANE Mommy~~~~ OMG jumps xD *orz* (learn from your mod post in yoshi's map ;p) B-but this isn't -that- hard
01:51:401 (3,4) - Can you please be don't so cruel ? lol, coz I thought 3 and 4 are connected with a slider. ._. inorite~ just react fast enough to catch (4) :lol:
02:21:401 (1) - Map design is nice, but comboburst obscuring it make it kinda hard to expect there's something here. I didn't test with comboburst on nor expect it to pop up exactly on this time... NOT MY FAULT!

Actually these are not issues I think, by playing through the map several jumps and memorizing them, they are fine. xD theres lots of hidden(ish) patterns, I don't want them to be an issue, just lots of places mods can point out "this is kinda hidden"

BTW, I love the jumps, even though I can't pass it. ._. I can pass it!... once in a while >_>

xD

Star for sure, as always, good and fun map. ^.^

P.S. : Actually I don't quite agree with the 1st offset, I feel it's around 143 ms, but I don't have confidence in my timing anymore.... Hrmm.... I dunno anymore either! -waits for another timing expert-

EDIT : I just realized Zekira also posted 145 ms. xD *which make me happy a little orz*
I still think the -second- offset starts in an earlier time
tieff
First offset 165
Second 29 297

Discuss.
blissfulyoshi
Very late mod

First offset: 163
Second offset: 29,290 (tieff's way of adding the offsets is better than the current one)

Normal:
Combo mod:
01:15:915 (1) - remove new combo to be consistent with your combos following 2 horns (or at least some wind instrument)

Hard:
Combo mod
01:21:058 (5) - new combo for the second horn

Insane:
Why is the hp drain so high? Before the guitar started, I had 86% acc with no misses and lost half my health already T_T

Normal mod:
01:07:344 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - it took me 3 tries to read this correctly T_T
02:26:887 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - this slow stream is disorienting

Combo mod:
00:32:040 (7) - new combo for the last syllable of the line like your previous combos
01:37:001 (3) - new combo to follow your lyrical combo pattern? (somewhere around here)
01:39:744 (3) - ^

======================
Very nice map. Star.
Cyclone

Zekira wrote:

I support this timing

I also pointed out the BG would be of Imperishable Night, but i can't really find a suitable BG, so this one is fine.
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Normal:
Combo mod:
01:15:915 (1) - remove new combo to be consistent with your combos following 2 horns (or at least some wind instrument) kk

Hard:
Combo mod
01:21:058 (5) - new combo for the second horn kk

Insane:
Why is the hp drain so high? Before the guitar started, I had 86% acc with no misses and lost half my health already T_T
Pass the slow part then you can recover! Plus Shinde already pointed this out, too >_< keeping it for the points as well
Normal mod:
01:07:344 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - it took me 3 tries to read this correctly T_T Too bad, I'm keeping thissss
02:26:887 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - this slow stream is disorienting mmmm dunno, I don't really know what to change this to then (don't wanna spread out nor stack)

Combo mod:
00:32:040 (7) - new combo for the last syllable of the line like your previous combos kk
01:37:001 (3) - new combo to follow your lyrical combo pattern? (somewhere around here) kk
01:39:744 (3) - ^ kk

======================
Very nice map. Star.
Thank you~

Cyclone wrote:

Zekira wrote:

I support this timing if you say so~

I also pointed out the BG would be of Imperishable Night, but i can't really find a suitable BG, so this one is fine. xD
+_+;; we tried, but let the timing experts be the final judge
Mafiamaster
Bubbled!
I love SA
Kujo
Larto
All difficulties:
00:49:516 - What is this red timing section doing here? I checked, if you remove it, the timing stays the same o_o
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Zekira wrote:

Cyclone wrote:

Zekira wrote:

I support this timing

Larto wrote:

All difficulties:
00:49:516 - What is this red timing section doing here? I checked, if you remove it, the timing stays the same o_o
Yes, I agree it doesn't effect the gameplay at all, but it does seem to effect the dominant white line in edit, I don't really get timing issues that much, do I realllly have to change it? o_o?

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20998 there~ that explains it (for me)
CheeseWarlock
Dr. CW says the timing is how it should be.
Larto
Ah sorry, I didn't see that it changed the signature. There we go.
Ph0X
Best beatmap of 2010.
kthxbai<3
Shinde
I apologize for not spamming this with Kudosu stars the moment I played insane. There is no excuse. u_u Hindsight is 20/20 though.
Ephemeral
Am I alone in thinking this sounds very similar to early Pendulum stuff minus the Rob Swire vocals?
Shinde

Ephemeral wrote:

Am I alone in thinking this sounds very similar to early Pendulum stuff minus the Rob Swire vocals?
I was talking to jockey about this like last night, the instrumental section reminds me of parts of Propane Nightmares. He agreed. I haven't listened to much Pendulum though so I wouldn't know outside that song.