forum

Snaking Sliders

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
What are your guys experiences with using it? I've started using it and it helps me break sliders less and even misread sliders less, especially on faster maps or with DT. anyone else try it/notice this?

Noobsicle wrote:

also fuark that 1337 post count
gg bye guys it was fun ill be in OT

and my slider misreads i mean the combo break here which i doubt would have happened with a snaking slider... lol. and yes im using senpai's skin 8-)
Noobsicle
always played with it on, i believe it's on by default and i haven't bothered changing it

don't know why but i just cringe whenever i see sliders fade in on osu! videos

i personally find it easier to read than fade in sliders
VXB

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

What are your guys experiences with using it? I've started using it and it helps me break sliders less and even misread sliders less, especially on faster maps or with DT. anyone else try it/notice this?

Noobsicle wrote:

gg bye guys it was fun ill be in OT
better for reading imo
Illkryn
I do not use snaking sliders as snakes are toxic to my wellbeing
Kaeru
Nice 1,337 posts Bassist Vinyl :P

I love snaking sliders. It makes everything much easier to read IMO. This is especially true on slider heavy maps, like this and this.
Rewben2
Snaking sliders on. Don't really like the option off but it doesn't make a massive difference.

Wouldn't playing with snaking sliders off in theory be better? It would allow you to see the complete slider slightly earlier than if you had the option enabled, because the whole slider appears instantly. Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding how it works The difference is probably negligible but yeah, just an idle thought.
aush
I've just tried snaking sliders and it was awful. They are distracting as hell.
buny
looks weird without it on
Martell_old_1
Snaking Sliders fo life
nooblet
Makes it a lot easier to read 1/4 slider spam, especially with HD since it'll pretty much show you the direction to move.
winber1
i turned them on and off seeing it would make a difference a few years back, and i've noticed literally no difference in gameplay

u lie plsgo
YukinoDesuDesu

aush wrote:

I've just tried snaking sliders and it was awful. They are distracting as hell.
same experience
VoidnOwO

winber1 wrote:

i turned them on and off seeing it would make a difference a few years back, and i've noticed literally no difference in gameplay
Zare
on for easier reading of overlaps and the likes
also it looks better
Maxis
I've always played with them off as I never knew what they actually did. After reading this thread I turned them on and tried a map really quick and...wow, that looks odd (I mean, I haven't used them ever, so).

I can see it really helping in reading, though, so I'm going to leave them on for a few days and see if I like them better.

Edit: this is terribly confusing, but I know it's just because I'm not used to it.
silmarilen

Zare wrote:

on for easier reading of overlaps and the likes
also it looks better
yeah this, especially with hidden
Zare
yes, HD is a bitch
BrianTheDrummer
I turned it off since it was more than my laptop could handle, especially with kiai time. But after some time I got used to it and barely misread any sliders with and without HD.
Aria Kanzaki
playing with it on lags my computer :(
nrl
I didn't really like snaking sliders when I tried them the first time, as I wasn't really pushing my reading abilities as much and they seemed like an unnecessary distraction. Since then I've cleaned up my skin substantially and moved on to higher ARs, and they actually seem really pleasant to play with. I might keep them on.
A Little Moose
I always used to play with it off, just put it on and it's actually really nice.. 10/10 would snake my sliders in future