forum

Prevent Alt + Tab from showing/hiding the scoreboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Ace3DF
I like to keep the scoreboard up and I also work around my PC fast, this includes ALT + TAB'ing a lot. It's kinda annoying when I'll tab out while the song is on a short brake and comeback in time to continue but the scoreboard is hidden.
Dexus
You should clarify the title 'Prevent Alt + Tab from showing/hiding the scoreboard'.
Essentially the game should ignore the tab key when alt is being held down so the scoreboard doesn't appear/disappear.
Panacea_old_1
While I definitely would want this myself, I'm completely sure as to how simple implementing something like this would be. Because basically, as far as I can tell from being a programmer myself, osu! would have to use a global hotkey hook, which is something some developers don't want to use. And I can't think of another way of achieving this.
Topic Starter
Ace3DF

Zecterma wrote:

While I definitely would want this myself, I'm completely sure as to how simple implementing something like this would be. Because basically, as far as I can tell from being a programmer myself, osu! would have to use a global hotkey hook, which is something some developers don't want to use. And I can't think of another way of achieving this.
or just
if alt is pressed ignore tab
Dexus
that was a good laugh. It is a viable method to disable windows/the keyboard from alt+tabbing but it wouldn't make sense to restrict it when the problem lies in the fact that osu! isn't handling alt+tab correctly in some instances.
CrashBash-Kun
I play with Tab/Q with ~ being scoreboard. Just remap it a key up. Not that hard.
TheVileOne
This is not intended behavior. I have a fix prepared.
peppy
I can't even replicate this. Did anyone try and replicate it?

And no, osu! does not use a global keyboard hook.
Seynn

peppy wrote:

I can't even replicate this. Did anyone try and replicate it?

And no, osu! does not use a global keyboard hook.
I think TheVileOne fixed it, however now it's rather "annoying" when you want to keep the scoreboard hidden instead of shown, rather than hidden after alt tabbing, as it was before. Basically as said before, it catches the tab press you do with alt when you tab out of osu!. And from what I can gather, TheVileOne's fix, if he implemented one, puts the scoreboard into shown state after you tab back in, no matter what.

This is just simple speculation. But I'm fairly confident this is how it works.
Ryzon_old
I Think This Is A Good Idea, Although What Keys Would The Command Get Moved Too?