forum

Custom Skin doesn't change / Skin uses not existing data

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Von Yoosten
Hey, just a quick question:

I am creating some Skins since a long time and actually I am working on my fourth one, so I am pretty experienced with it.
Well, the thing with the not existing data first: After creating a skin and starting clean again, I need something to work with, so that I don't forget which datas I already changed, which not. But after doing my 2. Skin I always see, that there are some particles used in the new skin, which are deleted and not even existing in that one skin folder. Like, I create a skin, I finish it, start a new one, delete the picture and set in a new one, but the old picture is still used ingame (and not everytime, just like every 4. 100 I get), thats very weird :?

But that's ok, my new problem is almost the same. I am creating a skin for my friend and I already finished it. Now, as I showed it, he said he doesn't like the hitcircles, so I went ahead to change them. First wit worked, but when I want to change them now again, nothing happens! It has this one look, and when I put in a new picture with the same name, I still have the old circle to look at.
Even if I DELETE EVERY hitcircle-data, I still have the wellknown circle on my screen. I already restarted osu! and my pc, and exported this skin as an osk and opened it again, deleted the old folder and opened the osk, nothing helps.

Does anyone know the problem? If there are any questions left, ask them, and sorry about my english ^^

-Toshi
Rio-
- You can reload Your Skin by "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S"
- make sure that the skin folder wasn't inside a folder... Example : Skins/My Skin, not Skins/My Skin/My Skin

I think a screenshot might help
Topic Starter
Von Yoosten

satriobp wrote:

- You can reload Your Skin by "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S"
- make sure that the skin folder wasn't inside a folder... Example : Skins/My Skin, not Skins/My Skin/My Skin

I think a screenshot might help

A screenshot of what excactly? I didn't change anything about my skinfolders, it is still in the same folder like before, that's what's making it so weird :O
Rio-
well.. that's pretty strange. especially these point :

TV Toshi wrote:

But that's ok, my new problem is almost the same. I am creating a skin for my friend and I already finished it. Now, as I showed it, he said he doesn't like the hitcircles, so I went ahead to change them. First wit worked, but when I want to change them now again, nothing happens! It has this one look, and when I put in a new picture with the same name, I still have the old circle to look at.
Even if I DELETE EVERY hitcircle-data, I still have the wellknown circle on my screen.
I already restarted osu! and my pc, and exported this skin as an osk and opened it again, deleted the old folder and opened the osk, nothing helps.

Does anyone know the problem? If there are any questions left, ask them, and sorry about my english ^^
are You sure the file type is still the same (*.png)?
Topic Starter
Von Yoosten

satriobp wrote:

well.. that's pretty strange. especially these point :

TV Toshi wrote:

Even if I DELETE EVERY hitcircle-data, I still have the wellknown circle on my screen.
I already restarted osu! and my pc, and exported this skin as an osk and opened it again, deleted the old folder and opened the osk, nothing helps.

are You sure the file type is still the same (*.png)?
Yes it is still png. it happens out of nowhere o: I am not changing anything bad! Do you need a screenshot? Just tell me from what please :)