forum

osu!direct feature request. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Teara
I'm pretty sure this is more of a request then a bug?

Here is my problem. With my great quality internet that downloads between 20-40kb's there is times where my connection stops sending/receiving data in a timespan of 1-10 second at random times ( Gotta love 3G with weak signal strength )

If this happens, osu!direct just freezes its downloads and stays there. can you maybe add a pause function? Then maybe I can just pause/unpause the download and let it go on where it left off. Then I don't have to cancel the download and restart it. If I had unlimited internet this wouldn't be such a big headache to me, but since I can only download roughly about 2gb a month.

I'm pretty sure there are a few more users out there not blessed with fast internet that could really take advantage of this feature.

I'm still using FF to download most of my songs, since it rarely freezes like osu!direct.

Edit:

Some SS

Time 07:03

Time 08:07 a hour later :.

This happens to ALL my osu!direct downloads, they all freeze at a random point. (lately, used to work okish a week ago)
Azure_Kite
A feature like this would be pretty useful. I support it.
Luneko
My Download stops sometimes, too.
Support :)
Alice
I have lots of download freezes too.
Support
anonymous_old
Have the server support download resumes. (I think I suggested this before and it was shut down.) Then, allow osu!direct to use resumes.
Topic Starter
Teara
This topic became obsolete.

Poll 3: Sharing your bandwidth

Someone can deny/move it.
anonymous_old

Teara wrote:

This topic became obsolete.

Poll 3: Sharing your bandwidth

Someone can deny/move it.
It's definitely not obsolete.
DeathxShinigami
Support! You have no idea how much troublesome this is for huge download.
An64fan
Not on the sub anymore, but I fully support something like this. You know, a little like Firefox's download dialogue... You could use the pause/resume to juggle around downloads a bit as you wished. Could also be used to get a response in a stuck download, of course, too (I've had a few get stuck before, though typically before it even starts. It's still quite annoying).
Jeffro
Supported! :)
mekadon_old
Support!
Also able resuming in Download Managers as well :3
peppy
This is obsolete and will not be implemented before p2p is. Denying.