forum

[Archived] Hit circles are not centered with sliders

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asmodeus
Problem Details:
Hit circles are not properly centered with oddly sized hit circles (My hit circles are sized 142x142 so as to compensate for space lost since they are hexagons)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/a5y3t/c12bfc892f.png

osu! version: 20140710.7 (latest)
MillhioreF
Notice how the approach circle isn't centered either. This is almost certainly a problem with your hitcircle graphic (try changing the dimensions in an image editing tool)
Topic Starter
Asmodeus

MillhioreF wrote:

Notice how the approach circle isn't centered either. This is almost certainly a problem with your hitcircle graphic (try changing the dimensions in an image editing tool)
The approach circle is the same size as the hit circle, but it centers just fine with the slider ~ http://puu.sh/a5yXO/108c5a2ba3.jpg ~ and I kind of figured that its just because my hit circle dimensions are weird, but shouldnt they be centered rather than placed as they are no matter the size?
MillhioreF
Different sprites have different draw origins, which is why sticking to the template size for most elements is recommended. If you really want to keep that hitcircle size, try adding some transparent empty space to the lower right of your hitcircle.png to pad it out.
Topic Starter
Asmodeus

MillhioreF wrote:

Different sprites have different draw origins, which is why sticking to the template size for most elements is recommended. If you really want to keep that hitcircle size, try adding some transparent empty space to the lower right of your hitcircle.png to pad it out.
why isnt it centered by default though? it just seems so weird to me that it isnt
Inori

SquigglyPiano wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

why isnt it centered by default though? it just seems so weird to me that it isnt
The element's anchor ingame centers on the where the circle is to be drawn, it doesn't effect the centering of the image.