forum

Music Playlist?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Verity
I understand that when you are on the main screen it will play beatmaps at random so i decided to make a playlist of my favorite songs using the collections feature. Is there a way to change it so that the main screen plays beatmaps from a certain collection instead of your entire library? still a noob. Thanks for your help
Noobsicle

pressing the next song button will just play a song that isn't in your collections though, perhaps you could bring this up in the feature requests (or see if a similar proposition has been made)
Topic Starter
Verity
wait so let me get this straight, the next song button will shuffle my entire library but if i double click a song from my playlist and let it sit, it will just play songs from that collection, correct? also sorry about that, forum here is so massive, i promise topic like that cross my mind before i post a thread
Noobsicle
tested it by skipping to the last few seconds of a song, the playlist still goes to a random song outside the collections :/
dw, this thread is something new in gameplay&rankings ^^

edit: you could try using something like this t/187990
Bauxe
This feature has been requested like 50 times.

osu! isn't a music player, so this won't happen.
rev3rsor
It's usually worked for me, with a few exceptions. Admittedly I have used osu! as a music player since it shuffles a huge collection of songs which I'm too lazy to put elsewhere, and it's pretty good for me.

Actually, testing it just then, it didn't work. Maybe something was changed since last time I tried...
Yano
You can also create a new folder containing the *.mp3 files of your favourite songs

Like this and like this Folder but it's a little bit work for you :P
Topic Starter
Verity
I dont really wanna go though the trouble, i'm 99% happy with the way it is now but when you play multi-player there a songs that people have you download that aren't in your best tastes and its annoying when you keep shuffling and you get those songs, usually i delete but there are times where i like the music i am listening too though rather make a playlist for a certain genre. anyway at least i have my answer.

Thanks for your help everyone
thatsongisthick
What you can do is go to the osu! Directory and go inside the songs folder, then search for .mp3 copy all songs to another folder and simlpy delete the ones you don't like, I did this took me about 5mins!
StephOsu
it works for me
the thing you need to do is to keep the whole thing open all the time, select the collection you wanna play, and select the song once without closing the thing (through double clicking). After that, as long as you don't close the collection window, you don't jump to random music outside of collect
there's one problem that happens from time to time though. Sometimes it just play like 3~5 songs over and over again until you change the cycle manually