forum

[Archived] Can't watch replay without going to local rankings.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
Problem Details:

sometimes, especially on recent plays, there is no way to watch a replay by pressing your play on global rankings. this can be problematic if you want to do something like watch yourself progress on friend/country/global rankings while seeing the replay. The only alternative is to export the replay with F2 and open it while set to one of those but I don't think this solves the problem.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

The plays i refer to were done in Solo mode and not imported from multiplayer, so I don't understand why this happens.

osu! version: 20140628.6 (latest)
Ayachi-
I had this problem since I started the game, it doesn't waste much time to switch to local so I never ask anyone.
And it seems like other people have the same problems ._.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
bugbump
Marcin
Can't replicate on test build?
buny
I had this problem on my old PC, but ever since I've gotten my new PC this has never been replicatable for me.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
Can anyone confirm this? it might be related to having a not top end computer so...
Maxis
Happens to me as well, has happened since I started playing tbh. IIRC this happened on my (extremely low-end) laptop too, but that was so long ago so I'm not really sure.

Genuinely don't know what could be causing this if it's only specific to certain computers, but made a video incase it helps on exactly what's going on:

Personal system specs:
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
nice vid only thing you could have done diff is show local rankings to make sure you actually played all of those in single too :P
NeVMiku
Old edit
Your own successful replays will be stored on your computer. The local rankings shown are the scores matched to the replays on your computer*. The ranking shown in Global Rankings are the ranking that is stored on the server (it got uploaded since it's your best score) but only the score is uploaded, not the replay itself.

Thus, when you go into Global Ranking, it might not show the "Watch Replay" button as it might not be able to match the score with the replay you have on your computer.

But if you just played a song and couldn't find the replay button in Global Ranking, which happens to me every time, in my opinion this needs fixing. Maybe, though, it is because all the scores on Global Ranking chart is just showing uploaded score. I came to this conclusion because Global Ranking will not be shown if you're not connected to Bancho. [iPod edit goes here]

So basically, let's request a feature, saying something like "Please match the Best Score of a song to its replay file."

* I think.

This also happened to me for a long time, since the beginning. But then I went through and had to reinstall Windows several times, the first time all my replays were wiped because I forgot (didn't know) to backup all the replays in a "Data" folder.

PS. Please don't quote me on this. Some of it might be true but I'm no developer, just some guy who always watch out for a lot of things...

iPod edit: I will make everything cleaner later because I no longer have access to my laptop. But a few more things to note is that you might think "Well, what a load of rubbish! If I can see other people's replays in the chart then it must be uploaded of course!" Even though that might be the case, please keep in mind that the Global Ranking chart is only for the top 50s. Go on one of your top 50s ranking maps and click to view the details when in Global Ranking, you should find that you will be able to watch the replay straight from the Global Ranking chart. So let me correct myself from above, your replays will only be uploaded if you're top 50s.

But then, some people doesn't experience any of this so I might be really wrong about it (again).

I'll just confirm this for now. Forget top 50, I just proved to myself that this is irrelevant.

If you have a replay stored, not top 50 and your highest score is the same as shown in the Global Ranking but the Watch Replay button doesn't show then this needs fixing. Other than that, everything's fine.
buny
It definitely does not need to be top 50

Ayachi-
buny
Alright, I think I have this figured it

I can replicate this if I press esc in the first couple of seconds the results board comes up.
(Since I always like to check unstable rate - which I evidently needed more than a couple of seconds to check, this stopped happening to me which is why I was "never" able to replicate it after I attained a new PC)

Could anybody else confirm this? I've tried about 3 times but want to make sure this is on other peoples end too.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

buny wrote:

Alright, I think I have this figured it

I can replicate this if I press esc in the first couple of seconds the results board comes up.
(Since I always like to check unstable rate - which I evidently needed more than a couple of seconds to check, this stopped happening to me which is why I was "never" able to replicate it after I attained a new PC)

Could anybody else confirm this? I've tried about 3 times but want to make sure this is on other peoples end too.
just tested it 5 times, and this happened each time, so i can confirm it.

interesting. it happens to me a lot because once a song ends i hit escape twice to skip the song fade out and the scorescreen so i can go right to global/country/friend rankings [well when i still had supporter], or simply so i can get to the next song i want to play quicker.
NeVMiku
This made me laugh a bit. Realizing how stubborn I am as a human being. Thus, I'm sorry.

This thread also reminds me of another one that is also about the ranking system.

Warning: it is irrelevant to this thread.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
fdsfdg