forum

Fighting with mouse prob

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
af98gh
Hi there, trying to figure out how to solve the problem of mouse losing speed when i'm playing on hard and higher difficulty maps there you need to do some quick or just rly long jumps.

How it feels: when you move mouse in one motion that probably should reach circle it suddenly stucks on the way and you lose control trying to make another move to click note. So then, when you're trying to make yourself ready that mouse will do this trick again, you loose your grip that results lacking of control and further note-missing.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

In addition 'd like to say that I looked this guide and turned off mouse acceleration in the way it described there

P.S. New to forum, I hope creating this topic wasn't inappropriate :D
Noobsicle
check your mouse feet to see if they're fking up or something, check if your fps spikes in-game, disable aero, close any programs you have running in the background when playing osu!

or buy a cheap tablet to end your misery
Vuelo Eluko
This is probably the wrong forum but it's related enough that ill help you. what you're experiencing is the mouses malfunction speed. This is likely because the sensor in your mouse is inferior. You should consider upgrading.

what mouse are you using?

Alternatively, check "Raw Input" in the games options. This probably won't help but it's worth a shot.
Topic Starter
af98gh

Noobsicle wrote:

check your mouse feet to see if they're fking up or something
Checked. Cleaned. :D

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Alternatively, check "Raw Input" in the games options. This probably won't help but it's worth a shot.
Feels like it did help :3 Thank you :)

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

what mouse are you using?
X7 X-710BK

I'll try to play with this setting for a while to see if it's really changed. Thanks for answering :)
Vuelo Eluko
well that mouse utilizes a Avago ADNS-3060 sensor which -SHOULD- be fine for osu...

another thing, the surface you're playing on can have a huge impact on the malfunction speed of your mouse. try changing that and see.
Topic Starter
af98gh

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

well that mouse utilizes a Avago ADNS-3060 sensor which -SHOULD- be fine for osu...

another thing, the surface you're playing on can have a huge impact on the malfunction speed of your mouse. try changing that and see.
Map to map i'm beginning to be convinced that now mouse is working fine, there was need just in one setting to be changed :3

Hm, i'm playing without mousepad and it feels kinda comfortable to move mouse just on the surface of the desk. I guess properly choosed mousepad can make a deal?
Vuelo Eluko

af98gh wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Map to map i'm beginning to be convinced that now mouse is working fine, there was need just in one setting to be changed :3

Hm, i'm playing without mousepad and it feels kinda comfortable to move mouse just on the surface of the desk. I guess properly choosed mousepad can make a deal?
yeah its a good investment. I am surprised you were having those issues with that good of a sensor, i was expecting some really crap laser mouse. I guess it was software related and raw input, which helps a lot with those, was the solution.

oh, and like noobsicle said, you should totally disable Aero and be sure of your framerate.

it could have been something as simple as something in the background was updating and eating cpu as you played.
Topic Starter
af98gh

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

yeah its a good investment. I am surprised you were having those issues with that good of a sensor, i was expecting some really crap laser mouse. I guess it was software related and raw input, which helps a lot with those, was the solution.

oh, and like noobsicle said, you should totally disable Aero and be sure of your framerate.

it could have been something as simple as something in the background was updating and eating cpu as you played.
Don't really think that framerate was the reason, but disabled Aero at starting Osu! anyway :)

Thank you both so much, it's enjoyable to play the game again :)
Vuelo Eluko

af98gh wrote:

Don't really think that framerate was the reason, but disabled Aero at starting Osu! anyway :)

the reason to disable Aero is to prevent input lag rather than framerate loss.

anyway good luck in your osuing
Topic Starter
af98gh

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

af98gh wrote:

the reason to disable Aero is to prevent input lag rather than framerate loss.

anyway good luck in your osuing
Got it. U 2 :)
Dexus
Figure out how to turn off angle snapping/cursor prediction from the drivers. I did a quick look and I believe your mouse has it. It should feel much better after that.

If you get input lag from aero it's because your windows options / graphics options aren't set to high performance. Most people using a desktop don't even think about switching that setting, it does affect it. Also using a limited framerate would make it stable. 480fps or something close to that (divisible by your refresh rate to ensure no micro stutters happen). Past that it's just your muscle memory being sheit.