forum

Spectating Room [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +50
Topic Starter
KariChan
Sometimes a few of my friends want to watch me play [or vise-versa].
Often times, we don't have eachother's songs.
So, whenever we want to play a song, we have to figure out who doesn't have it, then link them to the song on MSN, have them download it, and then make sure everyone is ready. THEN we have the person start, and everyone spectates.

My suggestion, is to create a room type for Multi-Player [or something similar] that is simply a Spectating Room.
Whoever is the Room Master, plays the song, everyone else is forced to Spectate the Room Master.

Doing so would allow people to know who has the map and who doesn't, and also gives them the nice button that automatically links them to where the download page is.

Overall it's makes things much easier.

Is this doable? Just a thought~
anonymous_old

KariChan wrote:

Is this doable? Just a thought~
Yes, it's do-able.

I'm on the border with this request. Yes, it'd be nice if I'm spectating someone in a multi game. Then again, I only lose at most a minute of them playing as I download the map, which isn't that bad, really...

I dunno.
Esupanitix
+1 That seems like a good idea.
bmin11
It's not a high concern who uses specific Language channel since they can talk there but I can see that it would be a pain for English speakers. I once thought of using #lobby but again, can't spec in multiplayer... So ya, I support this idea
mm201
The whole master/spectator thingy seems pretty pointless TBH. No one would use it. Rarely does anyone actively seek out spectators; they just sort of show up.

A #spectator channel might be useful to keep all the peanut gallery comments (and links to map downloads too, I guess) out of #osu.

Also, since osu!direct makes this obsolete, I doubt peppy would add anything to threaten one of his sources of income. :P
Mukku
I support.

MetalMario, why do you think no one would use it? Since someone actually suggested it, you can't say that.

Also, I often spec my friends and often my friends spec their friends and often I wish we had a channel everyone would be able to chat in.
Sir Minelli
Doable? yes...

Good enough? In my opinion, no.

Go to Subscription, support osu by becoming a subscriber. Once you have done this, after you spectate someone and you don't have the map, a window will automatically pop showing you which map is the one you tried to spectate.

You will be able to download it from that window.

I believe that having private rooms for spectating someone is really a low priority feature because you can just open your friends tab while inside osu, and spectate your friends from there.
Mukku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Luneko
I don't see a need in this.
You can see the song a person plays in the F9 Menu so this would be kinda useless.
Mukku
When multiple friends spectate each other, they don't have a common channel, unless they conquer an uninhabited country channel. This would help to that too.

But I guess it's "low priority" or whatever after all.
Nakata Yuji
There would be like, 3 people that would even consider using this. The top players get enough spectators as it is, so I doubt this would be time well spent to program.
Jeffro
Support, I can see this being used well, maybe even in tournaments. Maybe in like a closed tournament where only the judges may be :)
-libili
Its a nice Idea, i thought about like

You are playing and have 5 spectators.

There is a special room where the spectators and you could talk to each other in a chat-room.

And it would be perfect if there is auto /np by you when playing another song.
PsychoSkill
good idea!!!
Kitsunemimi
I really like this idea since what always happens is that whenever one of my non-supporter friends doesn't have a map, they take a while to download it. And if there's a bunch of non-supporter friends, then I have to /np the map to them all for them to download. Or, if I'm in the middle of a map and friend without the map shows up, I try to pause to /np the map to them. Else they leave. But while I'm paused, the people already watching might leave, or I might have to stop to talk to someone else.

Basically, I have non-supporter friends and they can't watch unless I /np the map to them and it's inconvenient.

Even if it's not an entire multi room, having something like an extra channel/group chat sort of thing pop up would be really nice, since whenever I want to make a comment to multiple spectators, it's not really possible since I'd have to say the same thing over and over in multiple pms. With a small group/spectator chat thing, it makes life a lot easier for talking with your spectators. There could even be a special chat command for non-supporters to request a link to the song I'm playing as I'm in the middle of playing. Or something.

For this ^ idea, perhaps an extra channel will appear in a spectator's chats once they start to spectate someone.
-libili
I really like this idea since what always happens is that whenever one of my non-supporter friends doesn't have a map, they take a while to download it.
Well i think he tought, the people should buy supporter status, so theres no problem.
ShadowSageMike
+2 This would be so cool! :)
Enna Alouette
o.o i kinda liked this idea i totally support it~
deadbeat
[peppy] Add spectator chat channels.
[Dellirium]

deadbeat wrote:

I tested them, they are too unstable for now.
Enna Alouette

deadbeat wrote:

But what is spectator chat channels ._.?
Devochka_old
I am in favor of this idea.
theowest

-Sekai- wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

But what is spectator chat channels ._.?
They appear when you spectate someone. I guess this feature request has been added.
s ranker disc

bmin11 wrote:

It's not a high concern who uses specific Language channel since they can talk there but I can see that it would be a pain for English speakers. I once thought of using #lobby but again, can't spec in multiplayer... So ya, I support this idea
why does noone spec me i mean >? i have under 40 ranks so they should watch them they dont idk why anyone? 8-) :idea:
deadbeat
because people spectate friends and or pro's
solution: acquire lots of friends and become pro /o/