Larto wrote:

The fact that there are only two english songs really makes me sad
:?
Real1
#1 I agree with..

Other than that.... Meh.
mikhe

MegaManEXE wrote:

Yeah it's not updating correctly right now, I played a few of the maps and realized I wasn't getting on the chart so I stopped
Yeah,me too, maybe will be opened in few hours (i hope -.-)

And... really the chart during all the year?? xD
NotShinta

Lybydose wrote:

arken1015 wrote:

'Don't Stop Me Now' is good song :3
And... 2 K-ON songs :)???
Actually there are 3 K-ON songs.

Breakdown:

8 Touhou
8 Vocaloid
7 Anime
2 English
2 J-Pop
1 K-Pop
1 Other (what the hell is You?)
1 StrangeProgram
I want to murder the osu! community even though I am far from surprised

I was gonna vote Feel Good Inc. but didn't get around to it. At least it was in there.
Remco32
SPOILER

Larto wrote:

awp wrote:

but yeah the presence of synthetic automata maps disappoints me a bit. I'd like to congratulate LH with FGI, though. To battle that high up the charts on map quality alone is something else.

Lybydose wrote:

Breakdown:

8 Touhou
8 Vocaloid
7 Anime
2 English
2 J-Pop
1 K-Pop
1 Other (what the hell is You?)
1 StrangeProgram

awp wrote:

Oh, right, the thread should be titled "Favourites of 2009" or "Top Voted of 2009" or like. Saying best implies that some are better than others. While this holds true in some cases, it most certainly does not in others (and it is subjective to a degree) so @_@
This community needs less weeaboo, really.
awp

mikhe wrote:

MegaManEXE wrote:

Yeah it's not updating correctly right now, I played a few of the maps and realized I wasn't getting on the chart so I stopped
Yeah,me too,

ffffffffffffffffffff

play the maps if you enjoy playing them who gives a shit about charts arrghhhhahdgaisgblarghle
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
peppy
Sorry, scoring should work correctly now. Charts will likely play a bigger role in the near future, so don't do away with them just yet ;). Also on the issue of map selection, this is supposed to provide a view of the overall community, which it does quite successfully. If you don't like the maps in here, then don't play them. There is no point voicing your hatred towards those that *do* enjoy the selection (which is naturally the majority). If you think "osu! needs more xxx" where xxx is your faovourite genre/band, then do your part in contributing/modding maps in that area.
Esupanitix
I had a feeling about Don't Stop me Now being #1 and it was correct. Now doing the celebration process.

1. Purchasing a box
  2. making sure there are packaging peanuts
  3. getting extra packaging peanuts
  4. Making sure the place I bought it from was where peppy lives
  5. Having the packaging peanuts lit on fire
  6. Sending them to peppy.
YAY!
yeahyeahyeahhh
Honestly anyone who didn;t think it would turn out this way is delusional lol

I'm a little sad that James's Bad Apple Was higher.. that's prob in my top 5 :(
MegaManEXE

awp wrote:

ffffffffffffffffffff

play the maps if you enjoy playing them who gives a shit about charts arrghhhhahdgaisgblarghle
Well I've already played almost all of these songs, I was just going to fix my scores on them if I could and place on the chart. Just figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.
Pokebis
lol
Lesjuh
This is hilarious, just 2 english maps.
Ekaru

lesjuh wrote:

This is hilarious, just 2 english maps.
That's because around half of osu!'s playerbase live in Eastern Asia.

With that kind of player base combined with anime lovers, what did you expect? :P
NoHitter
Don't stereotype :|

But that being said you do have a point.
Zekira

peppy wrote:

Sorry, scoring should work correctly now. Charts will likely play a bigger role in the near future, so don't do away with them just yet ;). Also on the issue of map selection, this is supposed to provide a view of the overall community, which it does quite successfully. If you don't like the maps in here, then don't play them. There is no point voicing your hatred towards those that *do* enjoy the selection (which is naturally the majority). If you think "osu! needs more xxx" where xxx is your faovourite genre/band, then do your part in contributing/modding maps in that area.
Is the current chart really gonna last all year lol?
Jarby

peppy wrote:

Charts will likely play a bigger role in the near future, so don't do away with them just yet ;).
Please elaborate.
UUSKA
WOOT go queen :D
fartownik
When'll be favourites amount displayed?
mikhe
Bug.. important bug .... the approved map strangeprogram and bad apple!!.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5774; http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=42152&m=2

When you do this maps... the score win, not added in the charts ranked score -.- (one year to find the solution x3)

EDIT: one correction.. all levels in DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram and Masayoshi Minoshima ft. nomico - Bad Apple!! are bad... none gives score... :o :o :o
Pokebis

mikhe wrote:

Bug.. important bug .... the approved map strangeprogram and bad apple!!.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5774; http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=42152&m=2

When you do this maps... the score win, not added in the charts ranked score -.- (one year to find the solution x3)

EDIT: one correction.. all levels in DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram and Masayoshi Minoshima ft. nomico - Bad Apple!! are bad... none gives score... :o :o :o
Approved maps aren't supposed to add to score. Usually because they give much more than normal maps breaking them a bit so this prevents that from happening. Also well done gimmick maps don't get ranked so people don't freak out. This isn't a bug this is supposed to happen.
awp
It also doesn't make them bad that they don't give ranked score.
nardii
From the first thread:

Cyclone wrote:

This WILL count the maps that are "Approved." These maps WILL be counted for ranked score for the ranking chart.
FurukawaPan
When I played the other day, some of the "approved" difficulties weren't giving me score. Will this be resolved?

Edit: They still don't count as of 01/04/10 6:30pm EST
mikhe
Yes pokebis, but how say nardi11011:

nardi11011 wrote:

From the first thread:

Cyclone wrote:

This WILL count the maps that are "Approved." These maps WILL be counted for ranked score for the ranking chart.
Cyclone said that this maps COUNT! in the ranked score (only in chart).

And other thing pokebis, any level in the bad apple song (Masayoshi Minoshima ft. nomico) count... ANY!! and, only the last level is approved... i remember... i said peppy that i lost 16.900.000 points (more or less) when he reranked the map with the approved level... but he said me that my score was correct... no... my score are incorrect... -.- (in CtB mode the lunatic level give 16.9 mill with hidden), my score and that of all those who played are incorrect (i suppose that all modes, standar, taiko, ctb), this need a important fix.

So for those who don't understand, that map is approved without exception all levels; peppy did a mistake, and he approved all levels in bad apple map. And he forgot to program the approved songs to the charts.. then, the charts have 28 songs with possible ranked score; and 2 approved (totally).

Bye i hope answer :3

P.S:

awp wrote:

It also doesn't make them bad that they don't give ranked score.
Yeah not import so much in strangeprogram case, but in bad apple... it should be totally ranked (except the last level).

Possible some words are bad... my english isn't perfect, sorry ^^"
Lybydose

mikhe wrote:

words
I forgot to take a screenshot, but bad apple!! (Lunatic) DID count towards ranking chart score.
MegaManEXE
Yeah I'm pretty sure when I played Ephemeral's Bad Apple it counted for my ranking chart score.
eee
congratulations to those who made the cut.

the lack of english songs makes me disappointed because none of my favs are up there (except the obvious, DSMN, and the ones that weren't 2009). I should've made a bigger list >.>

(btw, Feel Good Inc. was awesome, congrats on that)
Cyclone
I was unaware of approved maps not counting. I will look into the matter immediately.

EDIT:

Everything works correctly for me.
orioncomet
EDIT: orz
FurukawaPan
As of (this) post.

I just played strangeprogram, on both [Baby Difficulty] and on [HappyMix] (I am just not hardcore enough for lesjuh tag), anyway, neither of them counted for *ranked* score on the 2009 chart (although the score did register as "approved" without adding to my score).

It's not working correctly yet. Someone needs to go in for strangeprogram on the 2009 chart and change it's entry from "Approved" to "Ranked".
Aoitenshi
At least English song spot the first place....
Cyclone
No wait, you guys are right, i'm sorry. I guess i was just in a rush checking last night. I'll bug peppy as soon as possible.
DeathxShinigami
Someone let me know if I should upload a full pack for this set. I'd be more than glad to it ^^
mikhe

Cyclone wrote:

No wait, you guys are right, i'm sorry. I guess i was just in a rush checking last night. I'll bug peppy as soon as possible.
Then.. now it has already correct, because i lost the first in charts ctb... and it is impossible without bad apple or strangeprogram xD, thanks cyclone for cheked ^.^. I will try this afternoon ;3

EDIT: not yet.. -.- how is possible?, the player "premo" cant pass me, i did it DT+hidden and HR+hidden and he doesnt beat in any map... and he pass me?? -.- impossible, he must have done strange or bad apple.. but i cant, my score not count this maps (if you count all my recs, you can see how i not need the score in strangeprogram and bad apple to have 312 mill -.-)

Why my score in charts not count this...

Cyclone
Please be patient. I've having trouble getting a hold of peppy.
James
Next time, you guys should categorize on which map belongs to.
Its obvious that m980's map will be #1 because of the storyboard imo.
I did not even bothered voting on that one because I already knew it should be at the top.

Next year it should have something like..
Best beatmap storyboard category
Best beatmap general category
etc etc

:)
Derekku

James wrote:

I did not even bothered voting on that one because I already knew it should be at the top.
Ditto. Also, I agree with having multiple categories.
MegaManEXE
Yeah make one Vocaloid category plz
Derekku
Vocaloid
Animu
English xp
Maybe other languages?
Novelty? etc etc.

+Obvious epic/SB ones or something
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mikhe

Cyclone wrote:

Please be patient. I've having trouble getting a hold of peppy.
Yeah, peppy is in holidays x3
And sorry, i only explain the problem and put all the info that i have ^^.
Senor Cardgage
Definitely in on the whole category idea (as several others have pointed out, the overabundance of Japanese songs here is rather nerve-grating), but BIG CONGRATS to everyone involved with DSMN. That map was truly a work of art.

But back on track, I'd be all for an "Authentic Style" category as, with few exceptions, those are the only maps I even touch.
Cyclone
Approved maps should now be working correctly
ljqandylee

Cyclone wrote:

Approved maps should now be working correctly
Perhaps it still remains some problems, for I sumed up my taiko scores a few days ago and got the result 20,535,523 while the online score shows 19,278,175. (I can promise that the scores were all reached after 2010-1-3 and I asked my friend to add them up and he got the same result)
I discussed with my friend and guessed that the problem probably happens because of the way of score calculation. Though someone got a highscore on an approved map before it was taken into account, the score was not added to his Ranked Score after the map was working correctly. Moreover, when he got a higher score later, only the excess part of the score was added to the Ranked Score, which led to the wrong sum.
My English is not very good, forgive me...
Cyclone
You'll have to replay the approved maps for your score to count. I'm sorry, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

If you truly think your scores are incorrect though, i'll mention it to peppy.
mikhe
Then i'll have to get a max score in approved maps to count me (?)... oh my god... in strangeprogram - happymix level is so so soooo hard.. for me get more score than i got before the charts ;_;
Glass
No lemon tree? :[

I like most of those maps...except Hatsune Miku's, her voice gives me headaches ~_~.

Also,

Larto wrote:

tieff
Why my maps in top? о_о
Well, I don't like half of maps, but well...
Btw, although I map only jap song, I still think that we need more english songs. Maybe I'll map one or two in future.
Roddie

mikhe wrote:

Then i'll have to get a max score in approved maps to count me (?)... oh my god... in strangeprogram - happymix level is so so soooo hard.. for me get more score than i got before the charts ;_;
Quit complaining :roll:. You got what you wanted. lol jk :D
[DBF]

tieff wrote:

Why my maps in top? о_о
Well, I don't like half of maps, but well...
Btw, although I map only jap song, I still think that we need more english songs. Maybe I'll map one or two in future.
Make Russian songs.

James's bad apple best.