forum

I think I've gotten a lot worse at Osu recently.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vegemil
Hello everybody. During the past month, I've raised my ranking up to around 87k. This took a lot of effort and I was proud of my rank. However, one day when I got on my computer to play, I noticed that I could not press the buttons on my keyboard at the same speed that I usually did (This made my performance on maps with single notes drop), and I was confused as to why it happened. I have tried resting my hand, playing more, and just generally getting more rest, but none of this has worked. I cannot play at the same speed that I previously did in the past. If anybody can give me advice as to how to fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.
xasuma
Play more. It will go away
Topic Starter
Vegemil
Thanks! After playing through some easy maps to get my confidence back, I attempted to play some other maps and found that I could finish them with ease. I don't know what the problem was, but I was really worried, as I find this game to be very entertaining. Anyways, your advice worked out, and if I could, I would give you 1 cookie.
Vuelo Eluko

xasuma wrote:

Play more. It will go away
or get worse
xasuma
lol ive never seen someone so pleased with that answer before :D
Topic Starter
Vegemil
Well I'm just happy it worked out. :)
Kaeru
Never doubt your own abilities. Just be patient and play more. I always get a huge confidence boost when I top one of my best scores because it's proof that I'm improving. As long as you continually make efforts to improve you will eventually be moving on to harder maps. And don't be too hard on yourself. The people at the top of this game are the people who enjoy playing the most and care more about fun than scores.
Mythras

Kaeru wrote:

Never doubt your own abilities. Just be patient and play more. I always get a huge confidence boost when I top one of my best scores because it's proof that I'm improving. As long as you continually make efforts to improve you will eventually be moving on to harder maps. And don't be too hard on yourself. The people at the top of this game are the people who enjoy playing the most and care more about fun than scores.
that feel is why i play this game (since ranking requires using HD and id rather /wrists)
daredakke
Sometimes you get those days where you just don't play as well as you might have yesterday. Just roll with it and keep playing, you'll overcome it in short time.
limee_old
Also warm up! Start by playing songs with bpms a little lower than your normal or songs with lower difficulties for a bit then move up. When I start playing and dive directly into a song that is at the BPM limit or difficulty limit of what I can handle my hand that I use to tap gets too stressed and it just ruins my whole playing session :/
DahplA
Don't worry. This happened to me a lot before. I literally, could not triple at all. It would either be double or tap nothing at all. You just have to play it more and just re-learn it in some cases.