forum

Select default after entering edit mode [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EiJi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
(*) Editor loads in select mode by default for already mapped maps.
sounds good?
Topic Starter
EiJi
(*) Editor loads in select mode by default for maps.

Sounds better.
peppy

EiJi wrote:

(*) Editor loads in select mode by default for maps.

Sounds better.
Why the hell would you want to start in select mode if there are NO NOTES?
Echo
I always click Select when I go into edit mainly because I don't want to accidentally add a note. Even for unmapped songs.
peppy

Echo49 wrote:

I always click Select when I go into edit mainly because I don't want to accidentally add a note. Even for unmapped songs.
I still don't see this being a strong argument. Unmapped songs start you in timing mode, so there is no chance you are going to place a note until you enter compose mode.
Echo
But once I finish timing I still click Select :P
eyup
Sorry peppy, I do that too :)
Echo
It just feels unnatural to lug around a circle when in editor mode. I try to avoid circle, slider and spinner unless I'm actually putting stuff in, otherwise I keep it at select.
peppy
But like... after you time a song... dont you start placing circles? o.OOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo
Echo
Just make it always default to select :P

It's just like how an image editing program usually (I'm afraid to use "always") defaults to the select tool.
eyup
peppy, the 3 E's (Echo, EiJi and eyup) have made like 40 beatmaps between us, I think we'd know what we want :)
peppy
Its not making sense in my mind though. I dont actually understand what you guys do in compose mode before placing circles.
awp
Maybe they like to randomly click the screen out of habit like I do. I say out of habit because some programs are often poorly designed and you'd have to click the canvas in order to activate certain things, such as mouse-wheel scrolling or keyboard shortcuts. As such, it's become a habit for me to just click (and sometimes drag) the canvas before doing anything to make sure the program knows I want to do stuff. I don't find the habit very dominant with osu! though, because osu! is special <3
chan
I second this request.
My reasoning is that I predominantly use the editor to check other people beatmaps (modding). The amount of time I spend actually placing beats pales in comparison. I think you witnessed this when watching me map out a beatmap by placing all the notes first. So usually I'll place beats in the one sitting, and spend numerous editor sessions selecting and moving around beats.
peppy

chan wrote:

I second this request.
My reasoning is that I predominantly use the editor to check other people beatmaps (modding). The amount of time I spend actually placing beats pales in comparison. I think you witnessed this when watching me map out a beatmap by placing all the notes first. So usually I'll place beats in the one sitting, and spend numerous editor sessions selecting and moving around beats.
(*) Editor loads in select mode by default for already mapped maps.
sounds good?
Did you miss this chan..?

I have already changed the behaviour.
Topic Starter
EiJi
You sure are being stubborn over such a little thing. :P
awp
So's everyone else though?
Topic Starter
EiJi
:P
peppy
Yea, time to abandon this thread I think. The feature request has been filled in my eyes, anyway.