forum

What Muscles to use when streaming?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
B1rd
So, I've just got a new mech keyboard and want to start seriously practicing streaming, but before I do, I want to develop a good technique first. So I was wondering what muscles good streamers use? For example, do you use pure finger movement, or do you say, use wrist movement to press down one key and your finger to push down the other?
Noobsicle
do the staiain

its best for you to stream with mostly your fingers as it can train them to get fast/more stamina/consistency etc, i don't see how streaming with the wrist works :/

btw i got rekt hard :D:D:D:D:D
xasuma
Idk just mash stream however you feel is best for you
Vuelo Eluko
i use pure finger movement but i have a hard time sustaining anything over 220 for longer than 30 notes without missing.
MEK
buy same tablet as cookiezi and it will be all natural from there
Valdyr

MEK wrote:

buy same tablet as cookiezi and it will be all natural from there
In all seriousness, I don't think there should be any tension in your arm during streams, it's just the hand and upper part of the fingers, at least I think that's how I roll
RaneFire
My fingers. My shoulder muscles to maintain elbow height. My tongue which does circles in my mouth. My right leg which likes to get jiggy to the bpm of the song. My left leg to keep my chair still. My ass to make sure I don't fart mid-stream. My eyes to follow the notes and my eyelids to make sure I don't blink.
Pettanko
i heard that the circles hit themselves when cookiezi stares at them
[FX] AEM
brachioradialis

i guess
Rewben2
I like to keep my heart beating so I don't die
Vuelo Eluko

Rewben2 wrote:

a lot of pro players actually prefer to let their heart stop while streaming so they can focus more on the rhythm of the stream.

I think it's really only people like sayo and happystick that use this technique though
RaneFire

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

a lot of pro players actually prefer to let their heart stop while streaming so they can focus more on the rhythm of the stream.

I think it's really only people like sayo and happystick that use this technique though
The best technique is to make your heart beat to the BPM of the song. Internal metronome = win.
Vuelo Eluko

RaneFire wrote:

The best technique is to make your heart beat to the BPM of the song. Internal metronome = win.
i think a heart would have a hard time at 200 bpm 1/2 and by 260 would fall to pieces
RaneFire

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

i think a heart would have a hard time staying in one piece at 200 bpm 1/2 and by 260 would fall to pieces
I was just as serious as you were about stopping your heart while streaming.

This was fun, but some people like to bait sillyness into reality.
Vuelo Eluko

RaneFire wrote:

So completely serious then? please your advice is going to cost some poor up and coming cookiezi his life.
RaneFire

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

So completely serious then? please your advice is going to cost some poor up and coming cookiezi his life.
I think you're now the first person to go on my ignore list.
Vuelo Eluko

ok bye

b1rd you can also try this t/35610&start=0
experiment with different ways of tapping until you find one you can go fast and have good stamina with.. well compared to your other streaming styles of course.
meteor22
i use arm + fingers, its the fastest way for streaming

but only very high bpm
PLAYER WITH RSI

Rewben2 wrote:

the best
Neria
Noobsicle, i'll like if we can talk about streaming because i have serious difficulties to stream by some ways, if u're ok and that don't disturb you, i'll pm u when i'll be on my computer
I just saw ur freedom dive deathstream, and it was so awesome, u got a very good stamina
otoed1
I personally use purely finger muscles, however, it's important not to press your fingers down with too much force, as you drain energy quick.
koki_old_1

otoed1 wrote:

I personally use purely finger muscles, however, it's important not to press your fingers down with too much force, as you drain energy quick.
what's a finger muscle?
Noobsicle

MyNameIsDream wrote:

Noobsicle, i'll like if we can talk about streaming because i have serious difficulties to stream by some ways, if u're ok and that don't disturb you, i'll pm u when i'll be on my computer
I just saw ur freedom dive deathstream, and it was so awesome, u got a very good stamina
i'm probably the worst person to consult about stamina

all i really know is that you have to keep playing maps that tire you out and one day you'll notice your stamina improving

also that's not me in the videa, it's staiain
Neria
Well ok, someone told me that already
Thank you anyway
I'll pm him to get some tips to stream very good as possible
Topic Starter
B1rd
I've been playing with a mech keyboard for a while now, and I just realised I have to get used to it, it's quite different than using mouse. The thing I've had the mose trouble with is the face that my middle finger is longer than my index, which means I have to learn how to move each finger differently.

I've been practising on long stream practice 120 bpm, and It's helped me improve quite quickly. Though it's annoying though because I can only do it a certain amount of times before my fingers are too tired to do any more streaming for the day.
nooblet

B1rd wrote:

I've been playing with a mech keyboard for a while now, and I just realised I have to get used to it, it's quite different than using mouse. The thing I've had the mose trouble with is the face that my middle finger is longer than my index, which means I have to learn how to move each finger differently.

I've been practising on long stream practice 120 bpm, and It's helped me improve quite quickly. Though it's annoying though because I can only do it a certain amount of times before my fingers are too tired to do any more streaming for the day.
Huh, you know you can change key bindings to something other than ZX right? That way your fingers can curve more naturally for easier mashing.
Pengoose
use nose cartilage
Hinokami
this forum is super fucking old but after focusing on using pure finger movement I was getting 300's every tap for like 30 seconds and then I started to feel my wrist screaming for mercy and failed on the last note ;-;
shmowzoww

JayTheOtaku wrote:

this forum is super fucking old but after focusing on using pure finger movement I was getting 300's every tap for like 30 seconds and then I started to feel my wrist screaming for mercy and failed on the last note ;-;

Should have just used that nose cartilage