forum

[resolved] OBS and other recording programs doesn't see osu! as a game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ziogio
Problem Details:

I've tried to stream osu! with OBS and other recording program, but with any of these I can't use the "game asset".
For example, for registering osu! in OBS, I have to set "record screen 1" because if I select the option for recording a game it only records sounds.

I've tried with other games and this don't happen, so it isn't a problem of the program or graphic card.

I post a video and an image of my OBS video settings for make the thing clear, because I'm not so good at english

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140624
Sleeman
Right click on the game capture and then select osu... that should work. Unless you're using openGL. OBS does not support openGL, disable openGL in the osu settings

Topic Starter
ziogio

Drunkguy101 wrote:

Right click on the game capture and then select osu... that should work. Unless you're using openGL. OBS does not support openGL, disable openGL in the osu settings

Thank you, the problem was the OpenGL :D
Paolinho_old
hey! i have a different problem, when i try to use the system you guys use for recording a video on osu, since i have to use the recording screen 1, it is incredibly laggy in terms of fps, it's awful, i've already recorded other games that are more heavy than osu without a problem, and i don't have in-game lag, but the recorded video is really terrible, 1fps or something along those lines :s any clue what's going on?
VeilStar

Paolinho wrote:

hey! i have a different problem, when i try to use the system you guys use for recording a video on osu, since i have to use the recording screen 1, it is incredibly laggy in terms of fps, it's awful, i've already recorded other games that are more heavy than osu without a problem, and i don't have in-game lag, but the recorded video is really terrible, 1fps or something along those lines :s any clue what's going on?
Please don't necro-post. Create a new thread on the Help forum instead.