forum

Function Phantom - Neuronecia

posted
Total Posts
show more
Low
[Easy]
- some BATs or QATs might find that this difficulty has some confusing rhythms and patterns. i'm not sure what to think, so i will discuss the matter with them before moving this forward.
00:03:780 (3) - delete the break after this note. it makes more sense to me to do so
00:14:627 (3) - ^

[Normal]
00:48:187 (3) - move this circle 1/4 later. it's confusing and jarring that you're following a different rhythm here. in a normal difficulty, i strongly suggest sticking to consistent rhythms
00:53:611 (3) - ^
01:18:865 (5) - make this 1/4 shorter for obvious reasons

[Oracle's Hard]
00:42:255 (2,3) - impossible to read as 1/4 since you use the same spacing for 1/2. attach (3) to the end of (2).

[iyasine's Insane]
ok

[redl]
- change diffname
omg
Oracle
@Low
Regarding that 1/4 spacing. i tried, but the overlap it leads to really bothers me so i'm gonna keep it unless there's a way to have it without that overlap. sorry! Other things you mentioned are all fixed. Except for that red-dot slider. I think the current one is rankable enough since there's no speed change within the slider itself~
@gamu
I fixed everything hitsound-related and NC. Very useful hitsound mod!!!
@Rakuen & zweib
All fixed!
also adjusted some patterns myself to make it more polished.

wow
http://puu.sh/d0Dxe/142152e6cb.osu
Beige
SBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB
Topic Starter
Skystar
fixed everything from low's mod and updated
thanks guys
DeletedUser_1574070
  • Oracle
  1. 00:09:204 (5,6,7) - from 5 to 7, the note goes uncurved but consider making curved in order to make this linear.
  2. 00:10:560 (1,2) - i think u should simplify the rhythm coz its prelude. instead of using 3/4, consider making this 1/1 and a circle.
  3. 00:34:119 (2,3,4) - stack more or unstack like this 00:39:543 (2,3,4) -
  4. 00:41:238 (5,6,7) - when it comes to this wobsound, i think u should make notes separated instead of stacked. i recommend clockwise-triangle. OR, as u did on other pattern, u can also use antijumps.
  5. 00:52:085 (2,3,4) - ^ but u can try make your own here.
  6. 00:53:950 (6) - i think NC is needed here.
  7. 00:57:340 (4) - and its my opinion, but i'd put NCs on the anti-jumps like this.
  8. 01:05:645 (4) - to make flow better, try putting this on 70:60
  9. 01:09:543 (3,4) - should be stacked.
  10. 01:11:577 (1) - try make this symmetrical coz this is singlepattern without any other notes.
  11. 01:15:645 (6) - i would NC here.
  12. 01:27:679 - sound does not end here so i think u should use slider instead of circle here.
  13. 01:35:306 (1) - u might put NC 01:32:594 (1,2) - coz u found the point the song is highlighted but here is not. so remove.
  14. 02:03:611 (2,3,4) - i think this 2 3 4 should be 4 2 3 for melodic points. like wat u did on 02:08:526 (1,2,3,4) -
  15. 02:44:967 - note should be here. 02:47:679 - 02:50:391 - too.
  16. GOOD STUFF
call me if u need a full mod.
Oracle

Kloyd wrote:

• Oracle
  1. 00:09:204 (5,6,7) - from 5 to 7, the note goes uncurved but consider making curved in order to make this linear. liked linear one along with 00:08:865 (4) -
  2. 00:10:560 (1,2) - i think u should simplify the rhythm coz its prelude. instead of using 3/4, consider making this 1/1 and a circle. was going for emphasizing this sound so..
  3. 00:34:119 (2,3,4) - stack more or unstack like this 00:39:543 (2,3,4) - dunno why but i prefer stacking here lol
  4. 00:41:238 (5,6,7) - when it comes to this wobsound, i think u should make notes separated instead of stacked. i recommend clockwise-triangle. OR, as u did on other pattern, u can also use antijumps. i prefer using stacked notes for wobsound, like 00:48:187 (4,5) -
  5. 00:52:085 (2,3,4) - ^ but u can try make your own here. ^
  6. 00:53:950 (6) - i think NC is needed here. yes
  7. 00:57:340 (4) - and its my opinion, but i'd put NCs on the anti-jumps like this. definitely.
  8. 01:05:645 (4) - to make flow better, try putting this on 70:60 yes yes.
  9. 01:09:543 (3,4) - should be stacked. yes fixed.
  10. 01:11:577 (1) - try make this symmetrical coz this is singlepattern without any other notes.
  11. 01:15:645 (6) - i would NC here. done
  12. 01:27:679 - sound does not end here so i think u should use slider instead of circle here. that's for transition to a new part
  13. 01:35:306 (1) - u might put NC 01:32:594 (1,2) - coz u found the point the song is highlighted but here is not. so remove. these are for spacing changes.
  14. 02:03:611 (2,3,4) - i think this 2 3 4 should be 4 2 3 for melodic points. like wat u did on 02:08:526 (1,2,3,4) - make sense but it breaks the flow here ;;
  15. 02:44:967 - note should be here. 02:47:679 - 02:50:391 - too. I was building a gradually increasing transtion along with the storyboard. 02:43:780 - this part is supposed to be weaker so i ignored that sound while the it gets stronger here 02:54:628 - . to keep consistent with the storyboard i made the patterns more dense in terms of rhythm.
  16. GOOD STUFF
call me if u need a full mod.
GOOD MOD
Topic Starter
Skystar
ok updated
Low
give me kudosu
[Mahua]
wait me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kite
Yo, coming in a bit late.. I see you are about to get it bubbled heh.
I guess I'll just limit the mod to the Easy difficulty and Metadata, since you said you need it the most.

[Tags]
+ YsK439 (Producer), Comiket83 (Event), C83 (Event abbreviation), bou nin (bg picture artist)

[Easy]
00:09:204 (3) - Suggestion hitsound use your drum-hitclap.wav here
00:14:627 (3) - ^
00:20:052 (3) - ^
00:47:170 (1) - Remove, feels excessive in the rhythm you perceive
00:52:594 (1) - ^
01:04:628 (2) - Move it 1/2 later in the timebar (Start 01:04:797 - )
01:29:882 (3) - Shorten this slider by 1/2, reason behind this.. You have very few 1/2 patterns in this difficulty so might as well keep it simple and get rid of them altogether as they kind of stick out from everything else. This might be conflicting with the way you hitsounded some parts but there is always a drum beat you can hitsound instead.
01:35:306 (3) - ^
02:05:136 (3) - Extend this slider by 1/2 and move 02:05:814 (1) - to start at 02:06:323 - ; remove the repeat on 02:06:831 (2) - and move it to start at 02:07:340 -
02:10:560 (3) - Shorten by 1/2
02:13:272 - Reduce volume by 10%
02:15:984 - ^
02:26:153 (2,3) - Shorten both by 1/2
02:37:679 (3) - ^
02:42:424 (2,3) - ^
02:51:916 (1) - ^
02:53:272 (2,3) - ^
02:59:204 (3) - Extend 1/2 and remove repeat, reposition

The stacked 1/2s in the end are fine and add a unique touch to the ending part, so no need to change them.
Of course it's up to you if you want to make it a bit more simple, most of the things I mentioned are just suggestions afterall q:
Topic Starter
Skystar
01:04:628 (2) - that'd be even more confusing lol
01:29:882 (3) - fixed by lanturn's way
02:05:136 (3) - starting an object at red tick would be even worse imo
02:37:679 (3) - well this one is kind of different from the previous one, as you can hear the snare is actually at 02:37:933 - which is a blue tick, and mapping an object to a blue tick is obviously unreasonable so i'd rather end it at a red tick
03:00:052 (1) - fixed in my way
and everything else i didn't mention was fixed, thanks!
Fujiyama Panic
Oh god, I was already astonished by Trail of Dust SB but this is next level! Holy shieeet D:
Low
bubbled
Hollow Wings
skystar is yummy

already modded this, so NO KD

Storyboard

1. 00:47:043 to 00:47:170 in Ethereal diff: sb load's over 5.0x and it doesn't low down to the safe area instantly (even with shorter than 0.15 seconds). so i can say this is some kind of dangeous and plz avoid all of these pattern at this part.
  2. 02:43:780 too sudden the amplitude scope appeared, any additional effects to indicate that before? like burst or blablabla...

Ethereal

1. 01:05:645 (1,2,3) - change order into 312 can fit the melody better.
  2. 03:10:560 (1,2) - change order int 21 can give a pausing aiming at 03:10:391 (2,1) - and 03:10:730 (2,1) - which plays better (to me, regard this as just suggestion.

iyasine's Insane

1. 03:01:916 (5) - still recommend u ctrl+g this. for better flow and fit the song's melody part better. (03:01:916 (5) - and 03:02:255 (6) - express different thing, so give anti-flow with same directed sliders here's not a good idea to me.

Oracle's Hard

1. 01:38:357 (3,4,5,6,1) - stack these can be better in ds for u already give 1/2 notes like 01:31:407 (3,4,5,1,2) - even in the same heated part.

manual sb wtf

poke me later when u r ready

/me eat skystar
iyasine

Hollow Wings wrote:

skystar is yummy

already modded this, so NO KD

iyasine's Insane

1. 03:01:916 (5) - still recommend u ctrl+g this. for better flow and fit the song's melody part better. (03:01:916 (5) - and 03:02:255 (6) - express different thing, so give anti-flow with same directed sliders here's not a good idea to me. fixed!

manual sb wtf

poke me later when u r ready

/me eat skystar
Thanks for modding~ hollow wings!
http://puu.sh/deaCt/6315297bad.rar
Topic Starter
Skystar
03:10:560 (1,2) - didn't change this because i prefer the current one, others done!
updated
Hollow Wings
qualified

virgin beautiful #2
Topic Starter
Skystar

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

FIRST BLOOD OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
THANKS HW YOU'RE MY IDOL
captin1
whoooooooo
Myxo
What a great map, congratz!
[Dellirium]
Is this okay?

(no SS on Auto)
Myxo

[Dellirium] wrote:

Is this okay?

(no SS on Auto)
Yes, Auto is not able to play very fast repeated sliders correctly
-GN
don't unrank :o
Kaguya Hourain
All of my yes!
Oracle
woohoo!
Irreversible
Hey skystar, iyasine and oracle,

After getting a lot of opinions, I decided to take this out of qualified for now, mainly because of iyasine's Insane and the storyboard (which is quite nice after all)

[General]

Try to get rid off the huge SB load.. it sometimes even reaches 8.0 (01:14:289 - to 01:17:001 - )

The spread between Hard / Insane is really questionable....

[iyasine's Insane]

The rhythm

The rhythm in the first part is more of a guessing than actual gameplay. I'm talking about the 1/16, which themselves really seem unconsistent. Some of them are longer, some of them are short, and sometimes you didn't use 1/16 after all (which generally is ok, variation reasons probably) Even after some plays it's really really tricky not to combo break, and that isn't really appropriate for the not highest diff. I testplayed the Extra as well, and had way less combo breaks.

The Slowdowns

That's not part of the unranking reason, but I'd still want you to take a closer look at it. Even with the NCing which should help to read it better, I think a lot of movement gets dropped at parts like 00:35:136 (1) - , which is quite sad. Maybe additional color haxing would help, but personally, I'd just use another placement or lessen the SV drop itself.

The kiai is really enjoyable, but please take a closer look at the first part and maybe get rid off the 1/16 completely.

[Oracle's Hard]

00:55:984 (2) - 01:00:730 (1) - 01:01:407 (2) - 01:11:577 (1) - 01:16:323 (1) - You should work on these slidershapes (and more). They contain cool ideas, but they're not really done properly, and you could make them way more neater. On some, you can see a quite big edge, on others, the curve isn't that good, etc.

01:23:441 (1) - Stretch it a little, and maybe use it more consistent, since these sounds can be found really often.

[Ethereal]

01:15:899 (2,1,2,1,2) - Well, even if it fits the music, you just have to spam through? That's quite boring, and should be avoided, you should really find another solution for that.
01:01:916 (4) - blanket
01:27:001 (1,1,2) - This plays super tricky, I enjoyed your map really much but that one bothers me a lot, the flow change, the sv change, how much it's hidden, there's certainly a better spot for 01:27:509 (2) - maybe more on the bottom?

If you need further help with the map, just ask me, I generally like the mapset a lot, and there was certainly put a lot of effort in there. See you!
Illkryn
How can the spread between hard and insane be questionable when there's bigger ones currently in qualified?

unranks for difficulty spread are seriously the dumbest things as its so inconsistent
Winnie
Welp, things happen :cry: Still a god damn amazing song from my favorite people
Irreversible

Illkryn wrote:

How can the spread between hard and insane be questionable when there's bigger ones currently in qualified?

unranks for difficulty spread are seriously the dumbest things as its so inconsistent
If you were able to read properly, you'd realize that the unrank was not because of the spread.
Illkryn

Irreversible wrote:

Illkryn wrote:

If you were able to read properly, you'd realize that the unrank was not because of the spread.
I am aware, I should have specified previous ones for that reason are dumb and pointing it out as questionable was pointless as there is bigger spreads going through qualified.
11t
Keep in mind that the SB load shown in the editor is not the same as the actual SB load in-game.

In-game, SB elements which appear off-screen are clipped, and are not rendered by the sprite engine. However, this does not happen in the editor; things which would otherwise appear off-screen during normal play are displayed in the editor and this can dramatically increase the editor's displayed SB load. As a result, SB load shown in the editor is always greater than the true SB load during a playthrough.

As a general rule, never check a maps' SB load using the editor's SB load display. Instead, check the SB load by pressing F5 to test the map. This provides a more accurate reading of the true SB load that players will experience.

tl;dr just because the editor shows 8.0x SB load doesn't mean that the actual SB load in-game is 8.0x.

Also, it's my understanding that keeping SB load below 5.0x is not longer a steadfast rule in the ranking criteria. I have frequently broken 5.0x several times in ranked storyboards (EOS, okaeri, etc.) and haven't had BATs even mention it. I'm no BAT, though, so it's probably not my place to be talking about ranking criteria like this.

EDIT: Apparently the SB load difference has been fixed by Damnae in the test build; not sure if this affects the public release yet.
Zero__wind
some perosnal stuff
SB load seems not really ridiculous, of course it'd be better if it could be turned lower though

Oracle's Hard
01:38:696 - why is the break dragged? I don't really think it's nice

iyasine's Insane
the 1/16 sliders are hell

Ethereal
01:27:509 (2) - this is totally fine imo. it's easily read at my first-time testplay. and the flow is nothing odd, just a simple right and left, nothing different from 01:23:950 (2,3,1) -

I'm pretty interested in the below btw

Irreversible wrote:

I testplayed the Extra as well, and had way less combo breaks.
Kaguya Hourain

Irreversible wrote:

[iyasine's Insane]
Even after some plays it's really really tricky not to combo break, and that isn't really appropriate for the not highest diff. I testplayed the Extra as well, and had way less combo breaks.
If this is really the reason why you unqualified the Insane difficulty, I suggest you requalify right now. Combo breaking is part of the game. If you can't do it on first try, you will do it on the second one. If not, it will happen on the third one.

I see there are plenty more problems that I overlooked when checking the map myself, so there are those <:

Sad to see this go, and sad HW got IS already :(
Nyxa
Haha but then you can rank anything right after it's uploaded.
Yeah, combo breaking is part of the game, but that doesn't mean that it's enjoyable to play a map that nearly forces you to combo break. On top of that, the rhythms in the Insane are just weird in my opinion. It wasn't half as enjoyable as the Extra, and I have more difficulty playing the Insane than I do the Extra, though I can feel that it's not because of the map's physical difficulty at all.

Which means that there are reading/spacing/rhythm issues that need to be addressed. I think the disqualification was justified.
Topic Starter
Skystar
hi guys, here we can stop talking about the disqualiciation, ALREADY.

i've had a discussion with Irre and iyasine about the stuff and finally a consensus has been reached, iyasine agreed to change his diff and Irre said he'd be fine once those 1/16s in the Insane gone.

now iyasine is remapping some parts of the Insane, please no more irrelevant posts and just wait for it so we can get this map back soon, thanks.
Kinomi

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

i've had a discussion with Irre and iyasine about the stuff and finally a consensus has been reached, iyasine agreed to change his diff and Irre said he'd be fine once those 1/16s in the Insane gone.

now iyasine is remapping some parts of the Insane, please no more irrelevant posts and just wait for it so we can get this map back soon, thanks.
eatv
Illkryn
after playing it I didn't find what he was talking about difficult at all lol...
Oracle

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

Illkryn you might want to keep the thread clean and see how things go. thank you~
Charles445
THIS STORYBOARD
THAT'S AWESOME
Good use of the scripting language

Anyway I'm here to explain the situation of the 1/16 and why it's such a problem.

Basically the game has a few different ways it resets your combo counter (a full combo break).
They are as follows...

1. Failing to hit a circle.
2. Failing to start a slider.
3. Failing to spin a spinner enough before it finishes.
4. Failing to complete a slider tick
5. Failing to complete a slider's repeat.

The fifth one is the problem here, failing to complete a repeat.
1/16 sliders are so very fast, that often times the slider has already hit a repeat before the player has clicked on it.
Even though the player did not miss the start of the slider, they DID miss the repeat, causing a combo-break.

This means that if you hit a 1/16 slider later than usual, it is very likely that you are going to break.

For the sake of convenience, let's assume that you can click on a slider... oh, 100 ms before and after you should, and it'll complete properly.
Your hitwindow here is something like 100 before, 100 after.

However, if a slider length is shorter than that hitwindow, it changes.
In this map, 1/16 has a length of 22 ms, so the real hitwindow is something like 100 before, 22 after.

This means that these short sliders are easier to hit if you click earlier than you normally would.

Because of this glitch, 1/16 sliders are extremely easy to break on unfairly, which is why it's usually not a good idea to use them.

Sliders that are above 40 ms long are usually unnoticeable. When you get down to 30 and 20 ms, then you really start to notice the unfair breaks.

So yeah, my recommendation is to change the 1/16 to something longer, like 1/12 (28 ms) or 1/8 (43 ms). It might not sound exactly the way you want but it'll be a ton easier to play.
Infeh
Very beautiful artwork on Sb!
And enjoyable to play.
great map! :)
Good Work! (*^w^)
show more