forum

Forum for proposing BPM/Offset updates for ranked maps [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
Some maps already ranked have offsets that are off by as much as 15-20ms! It is a fact of life that these types of offsets will over time continue to slip into ranked maps because nobody with a good ear for timing checked the map before it's ranking. Mentioning it in chat or PMing a BAT is often undependable and the incorrect timing may never be addressed.

There should be a special location (or even feature in-game) for proposing offsets. Someone else in the BAT or even someone who just wants to focus on approving timing changes, can then test and submit online offsets to the system.

In the future, maybe this could be extended for incorrect BPMs?

Topics in this forum would then be [Denied] or [Resolved] based on if the timing proposed was in fact better, or if it was decidedly worse. People moderating this forum *should* all be good at timing.
anonymous_old
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
Is awp in charge of timing corrections? If you had read my post, you would see why I feel PMing a BAT is an inadequate system.
anonymous_old

james039 wrote:

Is awp in charge of timing corrections? If you had read my post, you would see why I feel PMing a BAT is an inadequate system.
Every time I've informed awp the online offset was changed within 48 hours.
Gabi
post on the topic maybe?

ask people like awp or cyclone, i don't think we need a specific forum for this.
Cyclone
I could make a thread in the mod queue specifically for this sort of thing i suppose. Not necessary, but it might help somewhat...
Derekku
Having one dedicated topic would be much better than having to check every ranked map's topic to see if someone posted with a timing issue.
Cyclone
ShaggoN
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.