forum

(Tablet Users) Am I wrong?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Andersfc
I got my tablet yesterday and I've played it intensely, I love it because it feel so natural to play with.

Then I noticed a problem today, I have my hand on front edge of the tablet, which causes it to hurt badly when I'm holding my hand tigtly towards the tablet edge/front. You might be wondering how the hell it hurts, but it does after a few hours of playing, especially since I'm not used to using a tablet, I guess.
What I did to solve it was to put a small piece of cloth, for now it's worked.

Picture of how I hold my hand on the tablet
How I hold my right hand on the tablet!

So my question is, did anyone else, when they got their tablet, put something on the front-edge of it not to hurt their hand?
Or did you have your hand hovering over the tablet while playing?

I'm also wondering if there's a huge difference between the two above options, while using a tablet or if I should do whatever feels right?
tokaku
I don't put my hand at the side of my tablet, I put it at the front but the edge is (still) touching my wrist. Yes it does hurt. I got used to it and now there's this swollen bump on my hand.
NinjaNick
No, I didn't. Might wanna get that checked out.
Toadsworth
I don't quite know what you mean, could you please post a picture of your hand on the tablet so I can see.
Topic Starter
Andersfc

tokaku wrote:

I don't put my hand at the side of my tablet, I put it at the front but the edge is (still) touching my wrist. Yes it does hurt. I got used to it and now there's this swollen bump on my hand.
I probably wrote this thread incorrectly, I mean at the edge lol.
tokaku

DatPenguinTho wrote:

I don't quite know what you mean, could you please post a picture of your hand on the tablet so I can see.
I think he means that when he rests his hand on his tablet it's at the side so the edge of the tablet is facing his hand and he's resting his hand on it.
daredakke
With my wacom I set my area forward so that my hand generally rests on the tablet surface. I don't know how full area players are affected though.
tokaku
This is the state of my hand right now from the resting on the edge.
Maybe I should start using a piece of cloth.
Topic Starter
Andersfc

tokaku wrote:

This is the state of my hand right now from the resting on the edge.
Maybe I should start using a piece of cloth.
Close to the state of my hand lol, I try to remove the cloth every now and then, so I can get used to it ;p
Ichi
Weird, I used to place my wrist on top of the egde, and it never hurt. it was abit far and just below the tablet area (and i play full). But now i´ve changed my grip and i place it completely out of the tablet... so idk, maybe you could try that
[ infL ]
Maybe you're pressing down too hard with your wrist onto the tablet? I rest my hand on the bottom edge of the tablet like that and there's no issues at all.
otoed1
I don't have this issue, but I rest my hand slightly inside my play area, however after a while my wrist hurts from moving quickly and my fingers hurt from clutching the pen too tightly.