forum

[Archived] Osu Ingame shuttering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akina
Problem Details:
After the most recent update my game would shutter in the menu and in game for as long as 10 seconds. Is there any new thing added (that i can disable) so i can fix the problem? It's making the game unplayable =((

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140620.11 (latest)
DENKOUSEKKA
Are you using OpenGL or DirectX?
Topic Starter
Akina
I tried using both but they are both shuttering like crazy
DENKOUSEKKA

Yurin wrote:

I tried using both but they are both shuttering like crazy
By stuttering, Do you mean laggy? Check to see if you have any pending Windows Updates, if you do then please update and it might fix your problem.
If that doesn't work, Check to see if you have any unnecessary background processes that are hogging up your CPU before you start osu and close them if you see them
Topic Starter
Akina
After installing the updates, it didn't work
I also tried closing almost every process, including explorer but it didn't help either
maybe it's a HDD problem..
TheVileOne
Unless it is in the new song selection menu, then there is nothing that could affect performance that was added.
Azure_Kite
I'm just phoning in to say I'm experiencing this issue as well.

I last played osu! a couple of months ago. After updating to the latest version and restarting, the application is stuttering. This isn't "FPS lag" as much as it is the game stops rendering for a period of time while the audio loops a few milliseconds at the point it froze.

I haven't experienced it triggering on the Main menu, however it generally starts stuttering once accessing the Song Select menu, where it will proceed to stutter and unfreeze until the application is closed and restarted. Occasionally, the stuttering will not trigger in the Song Select menu, however it then started during a Taiko match I was playing.

I primarily use DirectX locked at 120fps. changing to OpenGL and adjusting the FPS doesn't resolve the issue I am encountering.

The issue does not occur for me in the test build, however, so there's something interesting to note.
Rise_old_1

Azure_Kite wrote:

I'm just phoning in to say I'm experiencing this issue as well.

I last played osu! a couple of months ago. After updating to the latest version and restarting, the application is stuttering. This isn't "FPS lag" as much as it is the game stops rendering for a period of time while the audio loops a few milliseconds at the point it froze.

I haven't experienced it triggering on the Main menu, however it generally starts stuttering once accessing the Song Select menu, where it will proceed to stutter and unfreeze until the application is closed and restarted. Occasionally, the stuttering will not trigger in the Song Select menu, however it then started during a Taiko match I was playing.

I primarily use DirectX locked at 120fps. changing to OpenGL and adjusting the FPS doesn't resolve the issue I am encountering.

The issue does not occur for me in the test build, however, so there's something interesting to note.
I have the EXACT same issue, I haven't got the worst computer and I normally use DirectX and unlimited FPS(400 - 900 FPS) , although I played around with the options and nothing fixed it, I can manage to get into the game but once i'm at Song Select the game crashes, or freezes until shut down. Also, I tried reinstalling, issuing graphic card updates etc. nothing helped, would be glad if there is an answer to this (sorry if spamming, made my own thread but I don't want to bump it again.)