forum

Mod points

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Dexus
So in theory DT and HR could be removed completely if we were given adjustable difficulty settings. I have figured out a way where previous scores could still be retained and new harder scores could be scored (Also higher difficulty settings could be made).

Simply put you could get mod points to modify the map's difficulty settings. You could only get so many points so that mods like DT and HR could retain their changes for currently ranked scores.

Hard rock:
Max 3 points to hp drain (Less as it gets closer to 10)
Max 3 points to approach rate (Less as it gets closer to 10)
Max 3 points to overall difficulty (Less as it gets closer to 10)
1 point to circle size

10 points maximum to difficulty adjustment.
5 points used = 1.06x
10 points used = 1.18x score
The score multiplier would be exponential to 1.18x

If you lower the difficulty settings it would work in the same but opposite way and deduct from your score.

I think we will just have to bite the bullet for maps such as https://osu.ppy.sh/b/114 because it's already maxed on HP, AR, and OD and possible other maps that reach that high limit.

Hard rock could possibly be retained in the scoreboards but something new would be shown in place of it so there is no confusion.

Double Time (This seems simple to add):
125% speed adjustment for 1.06x points
150% speed adjustment for 1.12x points
175% speed adjustment for 1.18x points

Any of this could be changed to adjusted to be more fair, it's all just an idea I have that would spice things up and challenge all players a bit more. I'm aware there are a lot of problems with this idea but there's not much that can be done to change the past.
xasuma
I like this. I actually already do this in the editor, to get custom difficulty on songs that are too easy for me, but to hard with hr.
And this would allow me to do it on the fly and keeping them ranked. GG.