forum

Improvements for osu!mania skinning support

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Garygoh884
Currently, osu!mania skinning support seemed to be depreciated and I'd like to give my opinions to improve this support and its overall appearance. These are the points that I would like to take in consideration:

1) For each of the existing xK.ini's, osu! should read decimal points as dots and value separators as commas, regardless of how osu! uses dots and commas for value separations like "12, 345, 678.9" or "12. 345. 678,9".

2) Allowing the use of decimal numbers in most numerical values like "ColumnWidth: 32.5, 32.5, 32.5, 32.5". It is impossible to make a precise mania gear arrangement due to stretching of key images to give a slight muddy appearance.

3) Introducing a new variable NoteHeight. Currently the height of the notes cannot be controlled by the player efficiently (each note is thinner than usual after you play other key modes which each value of ColumnWidth is lower).

4) The stage sprites mania-stage-bottom and mania-stage-top should take their width values into account. Both sprites appears muddy as though these are scaled at a fixed value, ignoring sprite widths.

Scaling may not be a good factor in appearance, but there are mania sprites that retains its 1:1 scale during gameplay. I hope this helps!