forum

Higher Distance Snapping Limit for Mapping

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
Bearizm
Mapping a low BPM when it's mapped in a way that the BPM is double with low slider velocity is a real pain with distance snapping only available at 2 max.

This would increase the distance consistency maps that plays with low SV but jumpy and put an ease to mapping songs that can be mapped this way.

Maybe increase it to 8? or at the very least 6 please?

Thank you! >w<
Granger
Yes. Take all of my invisible stars!!!

Id even go for 10x just cause...
Lach
You can see the value in the top right corner. I don't think that this is really required since the idea behind distance snap is a consistent value. Everyone breaks the value for jumps anyway.
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Lach wrote:

You can see the value in the top right corner. I don't think that this is really required since the idea behind distance snap is a consistent value. Everyone breaks the value for jumps anyway.
I know you can. This may not be necessary for you, but it would be nice to have this featured extended.....

Yes everyone breaks the value for jumps, but what If I want the value of the DS to be consistent and at the same time, with a DS over 2? Do I have to manually drag it? It would save a lot of time to have this featured available or extended for mappers. And it doesn't even have to be a jump. I want to map a normal slow part of this low BPM song but the DS was just not enough to place the circle where i want it to be...
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Granger wrote:

Yes. Take all of my invisible stars!!!

Id even go for 10x just cause...
Yes 10 sounds nice lol, but i don't think it would be used commonly, but to hell with it. Why not 10?
winber1
i support this too. it's just a matter of convenience. If you want to maintain a distance snapping that is larger than 2.0x which sometimes the song and BPM make it hard to do, then having the distance snapping this big will help. And personally I was literally just mapping something yesterday that required this.

10 seems a little overboard but even just increasing it to 4 will probably fix the problem. I don't see a need to go above 4.
Topic Starter
Bearizm

winber1 wrote:

i support this too. it's just a matter of convenience. If you want to maintain a distance snapping that is larger than 2.0x which sometimes the song and BPM make it hard to do, then having the distance snapping this big will help. And personally I was literally just mapping something yesterday that required this.

10 seems a little overboard but even just increasing it to 4 will probably fix the problem. I don't see a need to go above 4.
make it 5 :D lol I'm sure this is fairly simple to code, or it could be really really hard (idk about coding), but it would be nice if they do implement this. :(
Myxo
Omg, yes please.
Personally, I really want my maps to look tidy, and that's why I often use consistent distance snapping for jump patterns and things like that, so it would be really useful to me :3

winber1 wrote:

I agree with this.
Azean
Have a star!
those

Lach wrote:

Everyone breaks the value for jumps anyway.
I don't
Granger
My aruing for 10x is that while its excessive it'll cover all situations that may appear. Also something about decimal counting system, so its "neat"
Wouldnt be much of a difference codewise anyways since thats just changing a single number.
Dexus
You shouldn't really need to use the code as an excuse to get it added.

some situations players do maps with really low slider velocity and high distances to create some pretty fun jump maps, but you can't really use the distance snap at low slider velocity because it doesn't give you much distance. Some players don't know how to handle this so they just leave everything unsnapped and it can give a pretty inconsistent feel to the map. A current solution is to use high slider velocity to map the distances you want and then change the slider velocity to the lower one.

This would be useful to make some interesting maps.
xasuma
I suppport this . And if you are going to up the cap, up it all the way. You might use 10 once every 1000 maps. But eventually for someone at some point it will come in handy, after all , if people use it wrongly. The map just wont get ranked most likely.
Zare
whynot/10

would actually help in that wubby dubstep map i'm doing atm, even tho I'd need the DS to go up to x15 then, lol.
How about just removing the limit alltogether?
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Zare wrote:

whynot/10

would actually help in that wubby dubstep map i'm doing atm, even tho I'd need the DS to go up to x15 then, lol.
How about just removing the limit alltogether?
Removing the limit would be a great idea! There shouldn't be a limit to begin with anyways.. :)
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Azean wrote:

Have a star!
Thanks! hueeeueueueu