forum

Help on HR

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xenexes
Hi, want to know how you guys start out with HR. Do you guys keep on trying and failing a HR map till you get it and start improving from there? Or is there any other way like start HR after you can clear some very hard insane maps. They appear too fast for me to react =/
YERTI
if the drain is too high with HR i usually practice the map with Nofail on
Granger
Since speed seems to be your issue... do you mean AR?
What AR are you playing on without HR? AR higher than 9 can be really hard, i still struggle with such high AR's.

If thats the case try HRing maps with lower base AR.
Topic Starter
Xenexes
I usually play 8 AR, can barely pass 9 AR https://osu.ppy.sh/s/45306. Thanks for the feedback, guess i will need NoFail on for most maps i think.
Granger
Yeah, HRing AR8 brings you to AR10... HR no higher than AR6, anything else brings you over AR 9 (AR7+HR=AR9.8) so save that for untill you mastered AR9.
Gilochan
if drain is too high just put no fail to avoid failing. Don't retry on the same map over and over in the same day.. Try to play it everyday until you full combo it. Using a white ball skin is nice too. Good luck :D
yxn
Besides what has already been mentioned, I'd recommend using white square fruits as opposed to circles.

Squares will make reading the small cs from HR easier.
Topic Starter
Xenexes
Where do you find the square/circle skins or do you guys make it yourself? Another thing do you all look at the part where the fruits come out or at the middle of the screen?
Granger
They are very easy to make, but you can get some from pro players too i think. (Not from me though, i use stars as fruits, it all comes down to preference.)

Depends on whats going on and on the map but generally ill look at the middle, slightly below the combo counter. Again thats a matter of preference for the most part but the higher you look the more heads up you get and the lower you look the more feedback on how you caught the fruits.
That said, i usually look down when im catching a slider or stream to make sure i catch all the droplets too, up when theres a break but mostly at the middle like i said before.
TrinitehFoarse
HR isn't hard for me (but it is on AR9 and 10)
Granger
Triniteh can you please stop bumping old and resolved threads all over the forums? Holy fucking hell man.
YERTI
necro master
PhTom
use HR on 3-4 stars beatmaps