forum

[Archived] Tablet troubles and heavy frame drops

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pashune
I just got a Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet as a Christmas present and it increased my Osu skills quite a bit, but I'm also having some problems with it as well..

When running the game in fullscreen (I usually prefer to do so), I typically increase the in game sensitivity by 3 or 4x, but this just makes the cursor jump around like crazy if I use the tablet, so I have to leave it at 1x, but at 1x my performance on the tablet is terrible, but in window mode, say 1024x600 @ 1x it's much better; however, I'm having to endure frame rate lag as well in Window mode. In full screen there aren't any heavy frame drops; it's as if Windows Aero is forcing v-sync on Osu or something in window mode, because the frame rate drops down to 30 in some songs, even though I'm getting 200+ fps according to Osu. Never had this frame drop problem in XP on an older machine.

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 2.8 GHz
RAM: 2 gb Wintec DDR2-800
HDD: 320 gb WD + 120 gb Seagate
Video: Radeon HD 4200

Using DirectX renderer.
Derekku
My tablet settings:

Just to give you an idea of what would probably be more comfortable. Also: I have in-game sensitivity set to 1x and no precision enabled.
varq
Do you use Absolute (pen) or Relative (mouse) movement? Absolute means if you move the pen above the tablet, the cursor will move to the corresponding spot on the screen. Relative means the cursor moves from where it was, like if you were using a mouse.

If you're using absolute movement, the in-game sensitivity should always be at x1 or the cursor will act screwy. I would suggest making the active area smaller if you want more "sensitivity".

If you're using relative, I've no idea why it would be jumpy.

No idea why a tablet would cause an FPS problem.