forum

ClariS - Topaz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tresserian
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nyukai
BPM is okay, but there are two offsets.

Fix that :3
MissGeurts
I think the song sounds cute and I love ClariS so I will have fun modding the beatmap :)

[Easy]
The impression I got of this difficulty is good but there were a few things I noticed that weren't quite right.

00:46:377 The 3 is slightly on slider 2
03:09:877 The Y-coordinate of slider 5 doesn't match the Y-coordinate of slider 4, not a big problem it just looks a bit messy in comparison to the rest of the map.
03:29:377 Same as last point but again not a big problem.

[Normal]
I like this difficulty. It has a lot of variation in it and it made to match the music.

I noticed a lot of notes were slightly on top of each other, especially in the beginning. Since it were many notes and not just one or two I assume this is on purpose and not a mistake. :D

02:06:877 Slider 1 is covered a lot by slider 8 and I was able to find it but I don't know if players with less experience will be able to find it immediately.

Well, I haven't found many faults and wasn't missing to many to many things. The only thing I can think of that would make this beatmap better would be hitsounds. I think some custom added bell sounds would give the beatmap a nice touch.

If you also think this beatmap is ready for ranking I say shoot some Kudosu at it and contact a BAT because I think it would make a good ranked map ;)
noxoin
This is such a nice song!! This is my first time giving some input but hope it helps.

[Easy]
This was pretty good for it. I would agree with MissGeurts' comments as well.

[Normal]
I also enjoyed this map for its difficulty, I'd like to suggest 1 change though:

01:16:057 I'd add another circle in between 4 and 5. it seems to flow better imo.

Extremely good job mapping this song :)
Topic Starter
tresserian
Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it :D

MissGeurts wrote:

The only thing I can think of that would make this beatmap better would be hitsounds. I think some custom added bell sounds would give the beatmap a nice touch.

If you also think this beatmap is ready for ranking I say shoot some Kudosu at it and contact a BAT because I think it would make a good ranked map ;)
The truth is i don't know how to give hitsounds properly lol so maybe it need sometimes before i put it in pending beatmaps.
MissGeurts
The truth is i don't know how to give hitsounds properly lol so maybe it need sometimes before i put it in pending beatmaps.
I didn't know how to do it at first as well. But I may be able to help now.

First you need to find sounds that would be nice and convert them to Wave-format (.wav) if they aren't already, or you take sounds from another beatmap. If you have to convert and you don't have a program on your computer you can try an online one.

Then you put the sounds into your beatmap with certain names:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=729

Then go to the editor and open your beatmap. Use Ctrl+Shift+P to get into the menu and go to Audio (if you aren't there already) and select Custom 1 if you want to use the sounds with names like soft-hitclap and Custom 2 (and further) for sounds with names like normal-hitwhistle2 or drum-hitfinish5. This way you can add more than just three or four custom sounds but you can add as many as you want ;)

If you selected the Custom hitsound you like use the buttons on the right to get the sound you want. For example if you want your custom soft-hitclap you select clap on the side :)

I hope I made things a little more understanding :D
pandorawindy
At your request,i come here for NM from pandorawindy's modding queue
[insane]
  1. First things first +10 offset plz..i felt your off is a little early.
  2. unfinished map? only 1 minutes and 20 seconds...
  3. you have no experience to put your objects reasonablely.look the following suggestion.
  4. when you create notes , i suggest you open your distance snap and tiny grid size.it can help you control your error of the notes' spacing not more than 0.05.
  5. No pattern in your map, i cant find them even one pattern..one map ll be boring without them..I thought i was playing snake game when i playing your insane...this is my impression about your insane..
  6. some objects you put are not artistic such as 00:46:627 (1,2,3,4). 01:04:377 (8,9,10,11,1)etc..
  7. Unreasonable combo about the rhythm 01:12:627 (7,1). Fix this--->
  8. In general, i like your song,i trust you can make your map better for rank. :D
Topic Starter
tresserian

pandorawindy wrote:

At your request,i come here for NM from pandorawindy's modding queue
[insane]
  1. First things first +10 offset plz..i felt your off is a little early. Fixed, although not +10, but it think it's better :D
  2. unfinished map? only 1 minutes and 20 seconds...
  3. you have no experience to put your objects reasonablely.look the following suggestion. Yep, still new to mapping :|
  4. when you create notes , i suggest you open your distance snap and tiny grid size.it can help you control your error of the notes' spacing not more than 0.05.
  5. No pattern in your map, i cant find them even one pattern..one map ll be boring without them..I thought i was playing snake game when i playing your insane...this is my impression about your insane.. Will remap soon...
  6. some objects you put are not artistic such as 00:46:627 (1,2,3,4). 01:04:377 (8,9,10,11,1)etc.. Fixed, although i don't know if it's artistic enough XP
  7. Unreasonable combo about the rhythm 01:12:627 (7,1). Fix this---> Fixed
  8. In general, i like your song,i trust you can make your map better for rank. :D Thanks :D
Jaltzu
A few general things:

Since this beatmap is quite long, consider adding second break time somewhere (still up to you). Personally I would have put it to 01:22::891 - 01:36:891 or somewere between that timeline.

Consider decreasing hitsound's volume a bit 02:44::891 - 02:59:891

You don't have to use special hitsounds all the time. It seems to me that you have put all the clap- and bell-hitsounds pretty randomly, they don't fit in the music well. Too many sliders have the same hitsounds overall (start, turning points, end) . But that's just my opinion, so if you like it now, just leave it be.
Here's one example how I would do it (Insane diff):
Clap 00:36:891 00:37:141 00:37:891 00:38:891 00:39:141
Whistle 00:39:891 00:20:266 00:40:641
Finish 00:40:891

Also, complete the insane diff, I liked that one. :)
Jaltzu
EDIT:
Since I modded your map already, no kudosu for this post.

Easy
Check Distance snapping. Distance spacing is not the same overall, but instead varies between 1,1 - 1,3.
I believe it's supposed to be 1,2, which is still pretty high for an easy map. But since slider velocity is just 0,8 it's OK.

This is just a really small tweak. I didn't find any real mistakes or such. Good job.

Normal
00:38:641 (2) - This circle is a bit confusing. It's too near the slider 1. Slider 3 is also too far from it.

01:04:891 (1,2,3) - This part might be confusing for new players. You could make the jump from slider 5 to slider 1 a bit smaller, but that's not too bad (/hard). But circle 2 to slider 3 is kinda weird. I recommend either starting the slider from the same position as the circle, or move the slider according to distance snap.

insane
00:20:141 Put playback rate down and listen closely... The piano sounds (or whatever) in the music go a bit differently than your circles, right? My suggestion: start slider 00:20:141, turning point in 00:20:225, and so it ends at 00:20:308.

00:28:141 Same as above

01:04:766 Kinda weird jump from stream to slider. It's not that hard, but since this map doesn't have many jumps I recommend moving the slider a bit closer.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.