E3 2014 Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lanturn
You can watch E3 live on Twitch at: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch
Gamespot: http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot

E3 Twitch Schedule: http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/06/twitch-br ... le-for-e3/

Discuss here about anything related to E3, and what you are hoping for! Feel free to post announced content throughout the thread. I'll try to edit in what I can based on my schedule.

Keep it civil, and respect everyone's opinions.

What are you looking forward to in this event?

Join us on #videogames for live chat!

------------------------------------------

For a full list of games, Check out the page on Wikipedia

XBox Announcements:
  1. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  2. Forza 2 Horizon
  3. EVOLVE
  4. Assassin's Creed: Unity
  5. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  6. Sunset Overdrive
  7. Super Dead Rising 3 ex edition.. or something like that lol.
  8. Disney Fantasia Music Evolved
  9. Fable Legends
  10. Project Spark (wtf Conker????)
  11. Ori and the Blind Forest
  12. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (1 to 4 with 2 getting a visual upgrade, Halo Nightfall, Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta)
    ^ All above realeased by this Holiday
  13. Halo 5: Guardians
  14. Inside
  15. A bunch of Indie games
  16. Rise of the Tomb Raider
  17. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  18. Phantom Dust
  19. Tom Clancy's The Division
  20. Scalebound
  21. Crackdown
Playstation
  1. Battlefield: Hardline
  2. Destiny
  3. The Order: 1886
  4. Entwined
  5. Infamous: Second Sun
  6. Little Big Planet 3
  7. Bloodborne
  8. Farcry 4
  9. Dead Island 2
  10. The Last of Us & Diablo 3 talk
  11. Disney Infinity 2
  12. Magicka 2: Learn to Spell Again
  13. Grim Fandango
  14. A bunch of games from Devolver
  15. Let it Die
  16. Abzû
  17. No Man's Sky
  18. Project Morpheus & the PS Camera
  19. PSN live capture to Youtube uploads and Live Stream interactions.
  20. PS Now & Free to play games
  21. Vita games like Tales of Hearts R, Tales from Borderlands, and Child of Light
  22. PS TV
  23. Mortal Kombat X
  24. Powers (TV Series)
  25. Ratchet & Clank The Movie & Game
  26. The Last of Us Remaster
  27. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  28. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
  29. Batman Arkham Knight
  30. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Nintendo
  1. Super Smash Bros.
  2. Amiibo
  3. Yoshi's Wooly World
  4. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  5. Zelda (Wii U)
  6. Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
  7. Bayonetta 2
  8. Hyrule Warriors
  9. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  10. Xenoblade Chronicles
  11. Mario Maker
  12. Splatoon
  13. Star Fox Wii U (Shown in the background, and mentioned at Smash Bros Invitational)
EA
  1. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Sims 4
  4. UFC
  5. NHL 15
  6. A game from Criterion using many different vehicles.
  7. PGA Tour
  8. Madden NFL 15
  9. Dawngate
  10. Mirror's Edge
  11. FIFA 15
  12. Battlefield: Hardline
UBISOFT (Missed this, let me know if I forgot something)
  1. Just Dance 5
  2. Far Cry 4
  3. Tom Clancy's The Division
  4. Rainbow Six: Siege
  5. Valiant Hearts
  6. Shape Up
  7. The Crew
  8. Assassin's Creed: Unity
Various Other Games
  1. BattleCry
  2. Dying Light
  3. Hotline Miami 2
Hika
Thank god, I'm happy you posted this. Someone told me E3 was today and I couldn't believe it. I literally looked up E3 last night and ignored that it was today.
Anyhow, I still can't get over what Sony did to Microsoft but let's hope Sony/Square Enix introduces more information about FFXV, I could really deal with that right now.

If Sony pulls another Sony, I will make my way to Game Stop and just buy a PS4 with money out of pocket. Bet.
For recap purposes...
Trash Boat
E3 is today?? oh shit
(checks super smash bros website)
[- Alex -]
Twitch servers are TRASH !

R.I.P live stream...

Ohh and btw. New CoD is Titanfall 2?
Gakkun
Watching it on tv live now!!!
I'm very excited for Evolve >~<!!
[- Alex -]
HALO HYPE!!

Take my money pls.
La Volpe
I hope Atlus make some sort of announcement about Persona 5, I want more infos about it! :oops:
[- Alex -]
I love E3 ..... Just .... The Witcher 3 .... can't say more.

I rly need to buy a Xbox now....
La Volpe

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

Hey man you can get it on PC too. ;)
[- Alex -]

La Volpe wrote:

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

Hey man you can get it on PC too. ;)
I know... But my PC is a iBuyPotato PC..... can't play osu without fps drop ....

Btw. Twitch is up again.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
That's it for Microsoft and XBox for now. Pretty impressive.
NaomiMinette
@Hika: This was one of the news articles I found three days ago:

No Final Fantasy XV Or Kingdom Hearts III Info At E3 Says Square Enix

Famitsu.com posted a short interview with Square Enix’s Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto earlier today, and SQEX.info were quick to translate it. In the interview, Hashimoto says that Final Fantasy XV will not be present at E3 this year.

When asked by Famitsu if information on Final Fantasy XV will be presented at E3, Hashimoto replied:

Well, first I’d like to say that development for FFXV is going well. Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year’s E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV.

Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014. I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and I’m looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then.

Hashimoto also confirmed that information on Kingdom Hearts III will not be at E3 either. He told Famitsu: “We are are working diligently on KH3, but I think releasing new information will still take some time. We included a small part regarding the story of KH3 In the new trailer [for] KH 2.5 prepared for E3 2014, so please check that out.”
Hika

Blazevoir wrote:

@Hika: This was one of the news articles I found three days ago:
NOOOOOOO, my dreams are crushed once again. I have waited for this game far too long.
winterskyline

ralip wrote:

Watching it on tv live now!!!
I'm very excited for Evolve >~<!!
Oh please! You didnt even know what E3 was until I told you about it! Lol
[- Alex -]
Got the beta for BattleField . The game is sexy ^_^

But Origin is like fuck. The game can't be install ftm .

Battlefield gameplay now. (The beta multiplayer)

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch
AutoMedic
HOLY CRAP EVOLVE

#GetHype
kirueggy
Guess Battlefield: Hardline marks the end of the classic series (or was that Battlefield 4?)
GTA + Cops & Robbers w/ a bit of Payday? Fun, but not exactly Battlefield esque...

Also COD: AW has a mission in South Korea. Sweet.

My PS4 is gonna be happy to play these soon...

And my wallet is gonna be empty.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Sony Playstation Press Conference has just started! Be sure to tune in!

And it's over..

What did you guys think of XBOX, PS, EA, and Ubisoft?
NaomiMinette
Bit early, but I'm posting these ahead of time. Nintendo's livestream links:

http://e3.nintendo.com/
http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/treehouse
http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/nintendo-press-conference-2014/

Refer to this image to figure out what time it'll start for you:

Topic Starter
Lanturn
Thanks for the links. I'm currently on my way to work so I won't be able to update/watch the Nintendo stream until tonight. Can't wait to hear all of the announcements.
NaomiMinette
Pretty sure the main Nintendo site will post them all later (yay RSS feed).
NotEvenDoomMusic
I'm so looking forward to Nintendos E3 announcements, i'm shivering with hype what they'll reveal there.
La Volpe
Lets hope for new infos about the new Smash Bros and the Hoenn remakes. :)
NotEvenDoomMusic
Holy shit, i'm so hard.

Actual OR/AS trailers that looks visually similar to X/Y but with it's own twist.
Your own Mii in SM4SH with 3 different fighting Styles and costumizable movesets - oh and Palutena confirmed as an addition into the SM4SH roster.

Oh Oh and the games shown there are so tasty aswell.
That Wii U TLoZ looks visually stunning, hope it wasn't all CG and close to the actual game graphics.

Looking forward to the Smash Invitational
NaomiMinette
All I can say is: Nintendo totally won this year.

SO MANY GAMES I WANT, AHHHHHHHHHH!
[- Alex -]

Blazevoir wrote:

Nope. The battle if Microsoft vs Sony. But the new Smash game is rly cool.

Ohhh , and. Doom hype someone?

And Half Life 3 is coming . I FEEL IT.
NotEvenDoomMusic

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

Nope. The battle if Microsoft vs Sony. But the new Smash game is rly cool.

Ohhh , and. Doom hype someone?

And Half Life 3 is coming . I FEEL IT.
It's a thing of perspective.
IMO i thought that Nintendo had one of the more inovative games, i mean everything shown from Sony and Microsoft were okay but didn't appealed to me, especially all of those games weren't trully "exclusives" and if, they aren't worth getting a console for, which is compelling me to get it on PC eitherways if i had a powerful machine and if that particular game would be released for PC (which it does in most cases).
Oh yeah and the 100 filters in those FPS games became a standard that i really don't wanna put myself up with so i actually stick with the simplicity that Nintendo is bringing me onto the table.
I don't really need a heap amount of AA in my games so yesh.
Fun over Experience i suppose on most parts.

While some games weren't really hypeworthy on Nintendo's lineup for some people, i actually was personally happy they're still trying their best to make up with the marketing failures of the Wii U in the past year(s) and basically giving people more reasons to support their console.
Maybe i have my nostalgia glasses on, but Nintendo did their advertising right by giving me games that could be fun multiplayer and doesn't require much complexion to satisfy the entertainment role on what games are supposed to be.
Nwolf
omg I could play Fox in Mario Kart 8
omg the Captain Toad game

Money, you know your job
[- Alex -]

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

It's a thing of perspective.
IMO i thought that Nintendo had one of the more inovative games, i mean everything shown from Sony and Microsoft were okay but didn't appealed to me, especially all of those games weren't trully "exclusives" and if, they aren't worth getting a console for, which is compelling me to get it on PC eitherways if i had a powerful machine and if that particular game would be released for PC (which it does in most cases).
Oh yeah and the 100 filters in those FPS games became a standard that i really don't wanna put myself up with so i actually stick with the simplicity that Nintendo is bringing me onto the table.
I don't really need a heap amount of AA in my games so yesh.
Fun over Experience i suppose on most parts.

While some games weren't really hypeworthy on Nintendo's lineup for some people, i actually was personally happy they're still trying their best to make up with the marketing failures of the Wii U in the past year(s) and basically giving people more reasons to support their console.
Maybe i have my nostalgia glasses on, but Nintendo did their advertising right by giving me games that could be fun multiplayer and doesn't require much complexion to satisfy the entertainment role on what games are supposed to be.
Yea , maybe. But i don't like Nintendo so much because they force you to buy a Wii U , for some awesome games. Just release Zelda , Mario Kart and Bros on PC money will rain for Nintendo.
XPJ38
I didn't expect Captain Toad at all. I wonder how it will turn out.
Mara
While I am not sure who won E3, I'd say that EA was the worst one.
[- Alex -]

Mara wrote:

While I am not sure who won E3, I'd say that EA was the worst one.
Fifa 15 was good

Trash Boat
pls don't this isn't Twitch. every contribution counts
UnderminE
Nintendo won my virgin heart
kirueggy
Great I need to buy a Wii U now
NotEvenDoomMusic
I've watched throught Nintendo's E3 with a friend who is 100% against console gaming and said that Nintendo made the right choice making their game as beautiful as the hardware could limit them to do so.
We've watched the entire thing together and dayum, we were hyped until the end.

I'm a little sceptical when it comes to that "Splatoon" game as the gameplay looks very solid but i wouldn't pay the full price for it as the game is multiplayer heavy with not so much coverage in singleplayer.

"Mario Maker" also had filled me with scepticism at first but vanished as they revealed that you could switch from the old 8-Bit SMB to the most graphical updated NSMBU and i can assume the possibility to share creations amongst the people on the internet. Again, it's a fun little tool but i don't feel like paying as much as a full fledged game.

and overall i think the reveals are surprisingly big especially very surprising for me with "Kirby and the Rainbow Course" and "Yoshi's Woolly World".
Both good games on it's own and i recognize both franchises as something i would forever support.
"Xenoblade Chronicles X" was a little out of place and i'm not accostumed with the whole Xeno universe, but i know it's another JRPG so i'm secretly really looking forward to that.

Oh yeah, did i already said that i'm soooo going to buy the shit out of the Wii U?

kirukashi wrote:

Great I need to buy a Wii U now
If you have spare money and a lot of time in your hands (dunno if you have like, summer break or something if you're going to school) getting a Wii U now is the best time to hop onto.
Since MK8 comes with another free game (MK8 itself is an incredible game by itself) of a pre-selected lineup until 31th of July.
Lineup includes:
Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros U, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014, Wii U Party, The Wonderful 101 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

I would personally recommend anything that you could have fun with for a long while in singleplayer... and according to the internets, TLoZ:WWHD was chosen the most, but i could be wrong since the lineup is quite solid and some might choose other games instead.
[- Alex -]

Trash Boat wrote:

pls don't this isn't Twitch. every contribution counts
Ok , sorry :(

Btw , Destiny looks so good....
Hika
Destiny looks really good. Comes out in a few months on 360 so consider me bought.
Also Nintendo won, hands down, even though I hate Nintendo.
AutoMedic
Nintendo is the victor for me
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Nintendo had a really nice Event, watched that and the smash invitational. :)

Looking forward to Square Enix (if I make it home from work in time!)
_sparky_

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

I'm a little sceptical when it comes to that "Splatoon" game as the gameplay looks very solid but i wouldn't pay the full price for it as the game is multiplayer heavy with not so much coverage in singleplayer.
Basically this, and i have a WiiU but i dont understand how it will be multiplayer if you only have one WiiU or something

Does it connect from around the world or something? i just hope they figure it out sooner or later
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Square Enix showing should be around now. I can't watch it right now but hopefully you guys are.

A few different games, a Final Fantasy game for the ios
AutoMedic

Lanturn wrote:

Square Enix showing should be around now. I can't watch it right now but hopefully you guys are.

A few different games, a Final Fantasy game for the ios
A good final fantasy should fill my Square Enix gap
NotEvenDoomMusic
Well it's harsh to say but Square Enix just can't produce good games anymore that aren't remakes or visual updates.
The music's always been awesome thanks to Nobuo Uematsu and character designs are sometimes charming, but that's virtually all they have left to spare.
Their prime was when they were still Squaresoft, but the longer they were holding up with the name Square Enix- the gradually worse the quality became to a point where we've even faced the pure essence of greed as a FF IOS game that was "Final Fantasy All the Bravest".
At least in my opinion.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is the only thing that's probably be going for Square Enix when it comes to releases, even though it's just an visual upgrade from the PSP release.
It's been awaited for years and years since when it first came out so i think for people who are looking forward to that, i suppose, is something nice.

If i want to ever have a good and original JRPG again, i would probably go and seek it at Level-5's library.
Not even including just Ni No Kuni that achieved a surprisingly high rating, but how the company in general reminds me a bit of the former Square as they're experimenting with the genre a lot.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Well E3 is over. What did you guys think?

I'm pretty satisfied with all the content they showcased :P
kirueggy
^

Battlefield is dead
NotEvenDoomMusic

Lanturn wrote:

Well E3 is over. What did you guys think?

I'm pretty satisfied with all the content they showcased :P
Same here basically, the lineup is especially big for the people who have a PS4/XBONE. I haven't tuned into any other stream than Nintendo's (since i didn't wanted to miss out on any SM4SH footage) so i can't tell how all the games showcased in the competition went.

Not going to fuel this thread more with "specific company affection" or anything, but from what i can tell throughout watching Nintendo's Treehouse since day 2 through day 3 is that the games they're planing on releasing are quite nice.

To update my post here since i saw a fair amount of gameplay on the Nintendo Treehouse stream over the course of 2 days from various games, i'll have a short overview to what i would keep an eye out personally.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse looks amazing, so does Yoshi's Woolly World and Captain Toad.
Amazing in a cute sense, Kirby looks extremely squishable and the style (clay) they went for Kirby is a little bit weird but i love it- also being a fan of Kirby Canvas Curse this game looks fantastic. As for Yoshi's Woolly World; I love how fluffy and soft everything looks, it's very soothing to watch and is charming in its gameplay, though they re-used the design concept they did with Kirby's Epic Yarn.
Captain Toad, already having had an appearance in SM3DW finally got a game on his own and it also looks very cute!
Gameplay of Captain Toad is simple, it's a pure collectathon so there's nothing much one can say since combat is almost non-existent. (except for some strategical/puzzle ones)

Bayonetta 2 really caught me by a surprise that if you purchase Bayonetta 2, you get the first Bayonetta with the retail copy additionally and ontop of that you'll get Nintendo-exclusive costumes that has ingame actions/purposes for the first Bayonetta for free.

Mario Maker and Splatoon still remain the same in my opinion, even after being able to watch gameplay footage.
It's not that they lack content; it's that because of how "not limited" you are.
Of course you can sink into making levels in Mario Maker for a fair amount of time and play hours and hours of multiplayer in Splatoon- but to me, they're more like laidback and open ended games when you're coming back home from work to either create a level or two, or have one or two matches.
I definitely acknowledge them as something "fresh" but nothing more than E-Shop games that i would pay 20-30 bucks for.

Mario Party 10 is a game i >would< consider taking into my list but i'll have to think about it after more gameplay trailers are released.

Last but not least is Xenoblade Chronicles X that i couldn't speak much about in my last post.
It looks sharp and the gameplay is solid, even though throughout the demo there was a lack of translation (since the game still was 95% in japanese, except of moments like the art tree and character costumization menu) the game got me into wanting more.
Really a title i am digging after it finally gets a western release since i love me some real time RPGs.

Oh yeah there also was a game that had been shown at day 3 on the Treehouse which is called Devils Third.
I couldn't bother with it much since it's an 3rd Person Shooter with heavy melee combat.

Star Fox Wii U also been announced so i'm looking forward if they stay to the roots of Star Fox 64 in terms of how the gameplay will resemble as it hands down, was what defined Star Fox in the first place amongst the original SNES version.

There are also some surprising games for the 3DS that i would keep an eye out that is Fantasy Life, Code Name S.T.E.A.M and of course Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
Fantasy Life for being a "without boundaries" RPG - oddly similar to something like Animal Crossing but with a combat and job mechanic, Code Name STEAM for being a turnbased strategy game wich reminds me of Advance Wars and Fire Emblem and MH4U because it's Monster Hunter.

I should probably lay down with writing so much everytime...
bmin11

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Fantasy Life for being a "without boundaries" RPG - oddly similar to something like Animal Crossing but with a combat and job mechanic
I thought I just read a description of Mabinogi for a second lol

I didn't follow E3, so I really appreciate your post. Thanks.

I didn't play the first Xenoblade at all despite owning a Wii. I generally don't enjoy JRPGs, but all these positive feedbacks I read are persuading me.
NaomiMinette
Adding on to Xenoblade Chronicles X: it's apparently not a true sequel, just a spiritual sequel. Either way, I'm probably gonna be getting it since I like the idea of having real-time battles with online multiplayer (at least, I think there will be). I'm definitely getting Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Super Smash Bros. (probably both systems along with an amiibo). Also, I'm probably getting Yoshi's Wooly World and Toad's Treasure Tracker(?), but that depends on what they plan on adding/showing us later. Finally, seeing as Star Fox for Wii U will probably be a very long way off I can't really get hyped over it quite yet, but I AM looking forward to a trailer/gameplay footage.

P.S. Despite Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire not showing up during the Treehouse livestreams, there ARE more videos and screenshots for the games, but I still don't know if I'll get either one.
Hika

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Well it's harsh to say but Square Enix just can't produce good games anymore that aren't remakes or visual updates.
The music's always been awesome thanks to Nobuo Uematsu and character designs are sometimes charming, but that's virtually all they have left to spare.
I mean shit, they can't produce good games anymore, and that's coming from a long-term fan. I've played every Final Fantasy starting from III and lately it's just not working for me. I hated to admit this after watching Square Enix this year but it's true. They're literally keeping me away from my love (FFXV) and it might just be because I'm hurt by the fact that it's not out yet/more information hasn't been released about it just yet.

I mean think about it, did they really need to remake X/X-2? I saw no purpose in that, just looked like desperation to me.

P.S. - For contribution, the only games I'm looking at right now would be Destiny, Halo 5 + the Master Chief Edition, CoD:AW (somewhat I suppose), and maybe Lego Batman, just for the purpose of playing it around my nephew.
NotEvenDoomMusic

bmin11 wrote:

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Fantasy Life for being a "without boundaries" RPG - oddly similar to something like Animal Crossing but with a combat and job mechanic
I didn't follow E3, so I really appreciate your post. Thanks.
Oh, haha i didn't expected anyone to find my post helpful in any regard since i just wanted to reflect my own opinion on what i saw throughout Nintendo's Treehouse stream.

A little more info on Fantasy Life to sum up what has been shown on the stream: the biggest thing the Treehouse people said about the game is that it'll be quite dialogue heavy (optional to read but they said the dialogues are fun and makes the experience easier to be absorbed into the world of Fantasy Life)- to an extend that it would fill 21.000~ (or 2.100, i can't quite remember and don't know what is more realisticly spoken) pages if you were to write it down in book format, nonetheless about the approximate count on how many pages you'd be able to fill, they said that their localization team had a lot to translate so i'm actually leaning on the 21k estimate.
Jobs will grant you useful abilities like if you are an Blacksmith, you're able to craft your own equipment; if you're an Alchemist, you'd be able to craft your own Potions and so forth. They haven't mentioned how many Jobs there will be potentially but *it seems like you could level up the jobs as one of the treehouse members demonstrated on his savefile that he had "experience in his Paladin job" so that he could fight off monsters and what a Paladin symbolizes in RPGs; strenghten HP and defense stats (and maybe a small bit of magical power).
I'm not 100% sure with the point starting at *, but that's as far as i could remember from the stream.

According to the E3 page of Nintendo, it said to have 12 "Life Classes", i'm not sure whether they meant non-combat jobs or also including combat jobs but we'll see more upon later reveals.

bmin11 wrote:

I didn't play the first Xenoblade at all despite owning a Wii. I generally don't enjoy JRPGs, but all these positive feedbacks I read are persuading me.
Same here, i haven't gotten into the Xeno universe, but watching the game in a perspective of an real-time JRPG, it looks fantastic - especially on a Wii U.
Here's one gameplay footage with commentary from the Treehouse stream, it's not what i've seen though: (since they also did a female character later on)

Blazevoir wrote:

P.S. Despite Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire not showing up during the Treehouse livestreams, there ARE more videos and screenshots for the games, but I still don't know if I'll get either one.
The saddest thing when it comes to E3 for Pokémon is that the only booth they had for OR/AS, was a display that looped the E3 trailer over and over again.
There also was a Pikachu statue where you could take a photo with, next to the display... it genuinely was not-a-lot since you couldn't have a demo like SM4SH or MH4U.

Well, at least X/Y will be having a Diancie event sometime going around.

Hika wrote:

I mean shit, they can't produce good games anymore, and that's coming from a long-term fan. I've played every Final Fantasy starting from III and lately it's just not working for me. I hated to admit this after watching Square Enix this year but it's true. They're literally keeping me away from my love (FFXV) and it might just be because I'm hurt by the fact that it's not out yet/more information hasn't been released about it just yet.

I mean think about it, did they really need to remake X/X-2? I saw no purpose in that, just looked like desperation to me.
Dito, i've loved Square when they did all previous FF iterations - and not even with the FF series alone did they keept me loyal for years to come.
Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Illusion of Time to Terranigma, Seiken Densetsu 2 & 3, Front Mission and so forth, you can name them all, but to call a few franchises that were one of the greatest creations in my opinion.

And yes it wasn't necessary to remake X/X-2, i mean it's nice but that's where you are right that Square Enix needs to cash in some money inbetween new Final Fantasys.
The only hope that i also mentioned in my previous post a page ago, is Final Fantasy Type-0 which is another HD port from an already existing game.
That's their best bet on getting easy dosh again in the near future because FFXV is still very far ahead and i'm filled with skepticism how it will turn out.
But amongst all the hate, i actually am looking forward to have some more infos on Kingdom Hearts III, which has been stalled for quite a bit now.

What i also saw as a big let down is how blatantly they invested money on iOS/mobile production a while ago on games as they saw that DLC money is easy and dirty, the same mistake that Capcom did.
A good example like the title i also mentioned in my previous post:

In a time and age like this, i'm ready to let Square (Enix) go from my heart and find trust in other companies that take games more serious and not see them as pure business cash-ins because "their IP is well known around the world for quality, but that ain't no more".
I'll give every RPG a chance as long as it's good and thoroughly thought out and it hasn't been made by Square Enix, only if the game can convince me that it has no extra gimmicks and it's made by Square Enix, i would "probably" take a look at it... but i doubt that.

Holy, i always get lost when writing stuff.
Sorry ;_;