forum

PAYDAY 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i prefer PAYDAY 2 for a lot of reasons. i feel like i would of enjoyed PAYDAY: the heist if i hadn't played the second game first :p
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

This only works up til the point where the bodies are outside the bank as well. kinda hard to control everything once you get to that point :/
At that point you have the vault open = EZ win.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
man, you got it lucky then. we had the whole floor covered in bodies 10 minutes in. 15 minutes in are the bodies were outside >_>
Topic Starter
deadbeat
posting cause update 39 is live, and some of the changes are rather amazing
still no new infamy changes though
Apex_old
untitled
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

I have not even reached level 1 Infamy.

Apex wrote:

Free trial of Payday 2 is over. You have to now purchase the game to play it.

It wasn't a mediocre game anyways. I couldn't find the meaning of playing this game after a while.
It's a matter of taste
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Gumpyyy wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

I have not even reached level 1 Infamy.
i think i'm II-76. somewhere around there. i'll be II-100 by the halloween event though
also the free hoxton trailer is up and looks rather good. again, mature content warning
Gumpy
Fact: Hoxton da best!

So free Hoxton makes me excited.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i swear that mask he has is the Grin mask. can't say for sure since i don't have that one yet :<

also updated the OP with 3 DLC trailers and a link to HoxHud. I'll try keep this thread a bit more updated with changes
also check http://www.overkillsoftware.com/crimefest/ for daily updates for the Crimefest event that is currently running. also hopefully after Crimefest is complete, the halloween event will follow. can't confirm though
Topic Starter
deadbeat
So, Crimefest day 6. half way there and holly crap i'm happy with this.
And the 1,500,000 secret reward is...

i am LOVING this crimefest event
Gumpy
Azure_Kite
Kinda of stupid that the 1,500,000 reward is a movie tie-in, though. You can't tell me that Overkill WOULDN'T have released that if they hadn't reached 1,500,000 members. I'd have rathered something more relevant and actually Payday related, whether that be releasing the female heister or what have you.

Still, it's more content, so can't complain too much.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i get the feeling a female heister is likely. there was that chick in the web series. forgot her name though. she could be a possible 6th, if not 7th character
Gumpy
Female heister would replace Hoxton as best.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
John Wick is out out as a playable character and new perk deck
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

John Wick is out out as a playable character and new perk deck
Is it free? If so i'm gonna go in all sneaky beaky like.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
free DLC, yes
Topic Starter
deadbeat
sorry for double post, felt need to post this
Topic Starter
deadbeat
so for crimefest day 10, OVERKILL announced they've hired another studio(Lion Game Lion) to help with future heist creation with a new heist planned for early 2015 http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/ ... 8838361958

OVERKILL wrote:

SUMMARY
TL;DR We hired another studio to bring you even MORE heists. You can thank us when you've saved old Hoxton, you wankers.
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

so for crimefest day 10, OVERKILL announced they've hired another studio(Lion Game Lion) to help with future heist creation with a new heist planned for early 2015 http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/ ... 8838361958

OVERKILL wrote:

SUMMARY
TL;DR We hired another studio to bring you even MORE heists. You can thank us when you've saved old Hoxton, you wankers.
Wonderfull
Azure_Kite
When you consider that Overkill have the Walking Dead game to release, it reads more like "We're offloading this so we can still fulfill our commitments with Starbreeze studios".
Topic Starter
deadbeat
crap. i forgot about that. and here i was hoping we'd see them putting some more time aside to fix bugs and add more to infamy. *sigh*
i guess it'll never happen :'(
Gumpy
Crimefest Day 11 Predator 12G added (Spas 12) \:D/

My most used weapon when I played MW2... ugh
Topic Starter
deadbeat

gonna leave this here for now. i'll post again when crimefest day 12 is live aka #freehoxton
Gumpy
I'm starting to wonder if the console versions even get this content.
Azure_Kite

Gumpyyy wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if the console versions even get this content.
You wonder?

They don't. The PS3 got Death Wish content about 8 months down the track, and the Xbox 360 version is still on the same version that came on the disc. Overkill just doesn't give a flying fuck about the console userbase. Which kinda sucks since they paid as much as the steam players did.

Of course, anybody mentions that on the steam forums and they get laughed out as consolefags. Which is kinda silly considering it's the only forum that Overkill are actually present.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
day 12 is finally live
  1. Added the Hoxton Breakout Heist
  2. Added the Old Hoxton Playable Character
  3. Added the Fugitive Skill Tree
  4. Added the Crook Perk Deck
  5. Added the Hoxton Reborn mask
  6. Added the Nova's Shank melee weapon
  7. Added 4 new achievements
  8. Added the Hoxton Breakout Trailer as an intro
enjoy the 1.5GB update
Gumpy
So much Hoxton I can barely keep in my excitement.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
annual Halloween event is up btw. i've heard it's rather easy. have yet to try yet cause working :(
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

annual Halloween event is up btw. i've heard it's rather easy. have yet to try yet cause working :(
Last year's event was hard as balls imo, but that's probably because I sucked back then.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

beautiful. anyway, Christmas stuff on the way with apparently a free heist.
The Second Annual Xmas Heist
Ho ho ho ho-ly shit! We have got to help Vlad get his white Xmas! Introducing the second annual Xmas heist - White Xmas, completely for free.

Click here to visit the site!

Q: What can I expect?
A: A free heist and some other goodies! Make sure you scroll on the website and check out our lovely little Xmas jingle.
Gumpy
Free content is good sadly tho I won't be home around christmas time.
Ceph23
YAY more free heists.

I got this bug yesterday in jewelry store robbery where I took out my KSP in the middle of the store, and none of the people noticed me until I actually pressed F.

Easiest stealth mission of my life. Too bad I couldn't make it bug out like that again.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

my body is ready
fieryrage
aaaaaaaaaa the hype
Ryuvos
female heister waifu hype? D;

i was a bit annoyed with the voice change of clover compared to the one on her reveal trailer

the one on the trailer was a bit more.. psychopathic :D (which i liked)

the new one feels a bit too young at least for me
Kmegan
Pay Day 2 So Cool :D
Topic Starter
deadbeat
oh wow, ok then. OVERKILL have released the prices for the new DLC
The Diamond Heist: $6.99
Clover Character Pack: $ 4.99
both prices in USD. interesting how they're making us pay for Clover. that better be one god tier skill tree/perk deck
Gumpy
Playing PAYDAY 2 without DLC at this point is pointless.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
info for Clover's perk deck: Burglar
The natural dexterity of the burglar has benefits beyond merely breaking and entering. Being nimble allows the burglar to pick locks, bag bodies and answer pagers faster. They are also harder to hit in combat. They stay alive by staying out of the way.
This physical conditioning also gives burglars a high tolerance to pain, and they are able to shrug off wounds quickly.
show more